Author Topic: Game collecting is dead because the only thing out there is sports titles  (Read 2844 times)

totallycrushed

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:51:54 pm by totallycrushed »

tripredacus

What's wrong with sports titles?

I like sports video games but a lot of people apparently don't, Seether is not the only buyer complaining

I honest don't know why so many don't buy or enjoy sports games. Everyone/most buys RPG's it seems

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:02:36 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I'm a non-sports title guy. Pretty simple reason, I'm not into sports.

I do still like Tony Hawk games, wrestling games, and arcadey racing games; though. Just not the traditional football, baseball, basketball titles, etc.

The only way a sports title becomes fun is if it's a real goofy arcade-like one such as Tony Hawk, NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, etc...Never found sports games to be fun otherwise, especially in the past decade or so where they've just endlessly pumped the same sports game over and over again.

Flashback2012

Depends on the sport/publisher IMO. Mainstream EA releases do nothing for me though I like acquiring niche titles like the Arena Football games. I like finding titles for sports that don't really have a huge following here in the states like Rugby. I was ecstatic when I found a PS3 Australian rules football game in the wild. I'd love to acquire a non-digital PS3/PS4 Cricket game at some point.  ;)

The ready availability makes them pretty much inconsequential when it comes to their collectibility - IE there’s no thrill of the chase.  Of course there are exceptions, but they are few and far between.

tripredacus

This is a complaint about the secondary market. We can complain about how every thrift store has multiple copies of Titanic on VHS also. Obviously people don't want those things. We can all see it, not worth pointing it out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

This is a complaint about the secondary market. We can complain about how every thrift store has multiple copies of Titanic on VHS also. Obviously people don't want those things. We can all see it, not worth pointing it out.

And Disney clamshells, for the love of pearl! So many thrift shops only keep those and nothing else because they read on some crappy click-bait that they're worth a small fortune (they're not). Drives me nuts as a VHS collector. Gives us more than damn Disney!

dreama1

Great time to be a sport collector. (As was any other time)

Hey man you post a lot of pretty nuts hot takes about your love/hate relationship with game collecting but this is probably the peak of it

They flood the market because nobody wants the excess of them, and naturally they're hard to sell. It's like complaining a trading card game is dead because you keep getting common cards