Author Topic: Game collecting is dead because the only thing out there is sports titles  (Read 2838 times)

Nope

keep crying

sworddude

It seems like someone has returned from the dead  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0qtEwb9gE
Your Stylish Sword Master!

ferraroso

At least in my area, that is far from being true.
Actually, the thing I find the least are sports games around here.

A couple of hours ago I just scored The King of Fighter's '95 for the Neo Geo AES for ¥5,000 (around US$45.00).

pizzasafari

sworddude

The most ironic thing is that for a lot of retro and even some modern systems the sports titles are the most rare and valuable games in the sets not to mention in most cases a huge rarity and price gap compared to the other rare titles in such sets, I'm just saying  ::)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:59:24 pm by sworddude »

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

Geography is a big part of it.  Sports titles have ALWAYS dominated the bargain bins.  Now that I live far from major cities I am more dependent of ebay and letgo than ever.  I personally feel that if you're searching game "lots" on ebay you'll find more sports titles in the lot than anything.  I forget the name of it but there's a fellow on youtube who went on a quest to acquire a complete NES collection in an extremely short amount of time and one of the things he did was get hundreds of games out of the way by offering mom and pop shops a buck a piece for NES sports titles.  Needless to say the mom and pops were ecstatic to see that merchandise finally move!

The most ironic thing is that for allot retro and even some modern systems the sports titles are the most rare and valuable games in the sets not to mention in most cases a huge rarity and price gap compared to the other rare titles in such sets, I'm just saying  ::)
a lot*

Geography is a big part of it.  Sports titles have ALWAYS dominated the bargain bins.  Now that I live far from major cities I am more dependent of ebay and letgo than ever.  I personally feel that if you're searching game "lots" on ebay you'll find more sports titles in the lot than anything.  I forget the name of it but there's a fellow on youtube who went on a quest to acquire a complete NES collection in an extremely short amount of time and one of the things he did was get hundreds of games out of the way by offering mom and pop shops a buck a piece for NES sports titles.  Needless to say the mom and pops were ecstatic to see that merchandise finally move!

shadowzero has what I would say

1: it has to be your location or you might not be looking in the right places

2: because there really is a TON of sports games that were made and still being made, to this day. and everyone thinks they are all the same

but really from my experience mostly all sports games play differently.

There are a ton of sports games but playing them is a lot better than lets say twiddling your thumbs day in and day out. or having no video games at all to play
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:26:02 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

If there's a console you want to collect for, there are sports titles, whether game collecting is plentiful or not.  There was always sports titles, there will always be sports titles lol

The most ironic thing is that for allot retro and even some modern systems the sports titles are the most rare and valuable games in the sets not to mention in most cases a huge rarity and price gap compared to the other rare titles in such sets, I'm just saying  ::)
NCAA Football 14 for example

Game collecting dead? Hah- no. Not by a long shot. Ebay and Amazon both runneth over with gaming galore. And if you insist on buying in person? There's cons, there's local retro shops depending on were you live... I'm lucky in that my area has options in spades.

Now, on the other hand, if you want to say that game thrifting is dead- that I'd give you. It has become well ingrained at this point that most games are Valuable- and Valuable things are not often given away. Finds can be had, but they're so few & far between one couldn't be blamed for choosing to just give the whole thing up.

sworddude

NCAA Football 14 for example

I was talking more along the lines of titles such as NBA Elite 11 ps3. not to mention other sport titles with crazy values on quite some retro systems. For the master system the rare sports titles are only a couple hundred though but also pretty rare to name one example of the cheaper actual rare sports titles.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:32:35 am by sworddude »