Author Topic: 3rd Person Vs. 1st Person Camera Angle Video Games  (Read 1036 times)

3rd Person Vs. 1st Person Camera Angle Video Games
« on: August 28, 2018, 12:05:08 am »
Which do you prefer or both?

for myself I like 1st Person better in shooting games. Stuff like Resident Evil. Where you need to aim from some odd camera angle looks frustrating,  for games games I actually played before like Tomb Raider and Duke Nukem Zero Hour. The 3rd person shooting really is not my cup of tea.

But the camera is vary good in in my opinion in games like "Duke Nukem Zero Hour" because the camera zooms into first person from 3rd person when going into tight spaces unlike Tomb Raider for PS1

Beside boobies and butt pictures of a female antagonist. I don't know how Tomb Raider Series became so popular. Because I really really dislike the camera angles in Tomb Raider in my opinion it would have been better if the game let you choose a 1st person mode. When the game goes into tight corners can anyone agree?

Has anyone ever disliked the 3rd person camera angles in games like Tomb Raider
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:06:57 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: 3rd Person Vs. 1st Person Camera Angle Video Games
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 12:21:21 am »
Depends on the type of game.  I'm fine with either and each one has their benefits.  Like an action game benefits from a third person primarily.  Usually you got a cool character to doing cool things, and you want to see that.  Gives you a better view around you also.  First person is better for immersion.  Your Fallout, Elder Scrolls, your shooter where you want to feel like you have better control over your guns.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 08:03:29 am »
I always go with third.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 09:50:05 am »
First person if using mouse
third person if using analog controller

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 02:23:09 pm »
Third person, hands down. Something about first person view doesn't meld well with my brain & I have trouble with anything that requires anything resembling quick reflexive actions in first person. Puzzle type things I can muddle through. Basically, I can play Portal but not Halo.

Oddly, this problem does not transfer to cockpit view games, despite still being first person. I mean, I'm still not good, but I can play something like Jumping Flash alright. I think it's a weird mental block- in a real cockpit, if you want to look around, you have to move the cockpit. But a person can look around just by moving their eyes, not their whole head. I think that simple difference makes moving in a first person cockpit more intuitive for me.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 03:01:48 pm »
Either unless it is a racing game or something.

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 07:07:45 pm »
Definitely 3rd person. I even played Fallout 4 in 3rd person view lol. I just love seeing my who i'm playing with.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 07:38:56 pm »
I just love seeing my who i'm playing with.

stealthrush

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 01:02:44 am »
Third-Person, never was a fan of the first person perspective in video games.

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 02:20:18 am »
I'll deal with 3rd person in games but I don't like when games force you to go backwards while the character s facing you and you have to deal with jumping and steering blindly. First person is just what I am used to at the moment :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"