Author Topic: What are the best dividend stocks on the US market?  (Read 1099 times)

What are the best dividend stocks on the US market?
« on: August 24, 2018, 11:06:50 am »
?

rayne315

Re: What are the best dividend stocks on the US market?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 11:14:27 am »
Whats your tolerance for risk?

How well do you consider that new and used game market going? if you have a high tolerance for risk right now gamestop has a 9.07% dividend but have also been seeking buyout options from other companies to avoid bankruptcy. and has taken hits to their preorder business from the increasing prevalence of non physical games and increased competition for pre-orders by online retailers. (amazon recently removed their 20% pre-order discount so that could help gamestop out tremendously)

so in other words if you believe gamestop can turn it around and last at least 10 years than it would be a great stock to put money into.

also keep in mind that at that high of a dividend rate they have the very real possibility of removing the dividend payout altogether.

if your not so much into the risk side of things I currently have positions in Proctor and gamble 3.45% Deere and company 1.95% Black hills energy (slightly more risky as its a smaller energy company market cap of 3.2Bil) 3.14% Alliant energy 3.11% JPMorgan 2.79% and a few others.

I also have a large stake in Mad Catz but that is not a dividend stock and is the highest risk possible. im basically gambling with it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:37:26 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 11:48:33 am »
I believe Gamestop will be out of business within the next 10 years. In fact, there isn't a single retail stock I would invest in right now. Brick and mortar are closing down all over the place with the rise of online shopping/Amazon.

I was looking at Exxon Mobil (4.15% yield), Verizon (4.35% yield), AT&T (6.16% yield) and Pfizer (3.22% yield).

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 01:38:57 pm »
I believe Gamestop will be out of business within the next 10 years. In fact, there isn't a single retail stock I would invest in right now. Brick and mortar are closing down all over the place with the rise of online shopping/Amazon.

I was looking at Exxon Mobil (4.15% yield), Verizon (4.35% yield), AT&T (6.16% yield) and Pfizer (3.22% yield).

Adecco (the owner of my employer) is in a valley for their stock price (down 30% in their stock price in the last 6-8 months) but is overall a good very profitable company. they do head hunting services for a large part of the globe. it is traded in swiss franks if that is an issue but has a current dividend of 4.22%. Adecco is the sixth-largest Swiss company by revenue. and I currently have ~$25,000 in it (all of my bonuses have gone into it since I started working for them and all dividends were reinvested into it). unfortunately it is one of my lower stock holdings but seeing that it is getting to a good div% I will probably start investing more into it.

and got it you have a big tolerance for risk.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 01:44:11 pm »
I’m buying to hold forever with the goal of amassing enough dividend yield to cover my expenses thus creating financial freedom.

My bills aren’t very expensive so it’s actually a very realistic goal.

I want safe dividend investments.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:19:21 pm »
I’m buying to hold forever with the goal of amassing enough dividend yield to cover my expenses thus creating financial freedom.

then just stick with large fortune 500 companies. they offer more bang for your buck because they are typically older companies 40+ years old so are generally stable and they have a large umbrella of investors so if anything happens or you loose faith in what you are invested in/need funds fast (unforeseen expenses) you can recover your money quickly. just do some research in what your investing in before you invest. know the general risks to the stock.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 02:32:20 pm »
VGCollect, surefire bet!

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 02:48:49 pm »
VGCollect, surefire bet!

But mah indexes!!!  :o

totallycrushed

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 11:10:59 pm »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:52:17 pm by totallycrushed »

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 11:51:40 pm »
VGCollect, surefire bet!

yeah, fuck Wall Street Journal and Forbes! VGcollect if where I get my sound financial advice and make dividends!!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 10:43:46 am »

If you want bad luck in life and only bad luck then I suggest you keep trying to step on the little people, why did you come here really? if you know everything why do you need us? can't you post anything besides a question mark on your original posts, pretty soon none will respond.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"