Author Topic: Old PC games not available on GOG, Steam, or for legal download  (Read 1636 times)

I'm curious to see what old PC games (let's say 2010 and older) people can think of that have never been made available on online digital stores like Steam or GOG. Here are all the ones I can think of:

Dark Colony
Mechwarrior
Mechwarrior 2, including Ghost Bear and Mercenaries
Mechwarrior 3, including Pirates Moon
Mechwarrior 4, including Black Night and Mercenaries
Myth: The Fallen Lords
Myth II: Soul Blighter
Myth III: The Wolf Age
Terminator: Future Shock
Terminator: Skynet
Carnivors
Carnivors II
Carnivors Ice Age
Alien vs. Predator 2

jalien

Re: Old PC games not available on GOG, Steam, or for legal download
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 12:20:37 am »
I'm curious to see what old PC games (let's say 2010 and older) people can think of that have never been made available on online digital stores like Steam or GOG. Here are all the ones I can think of:

Dark Colony
Mechwarrior
Mechwarrior 2, including Ghost Bear and Mercenaries
Mechwarrior 3, including Pirates Moon
Mechwarrior 4, including Black Night and Mercenaries
Myth: The Fallen Lords
Myth II: Soul Blighter
Myth III: The Wolf Age
Terminator: Future Shock
Terminator: Skynet
Carnivors
Carnivors II
Carnivors Ice Age
Alien vs. Predator 2

A few that come to mind for me are some of my old favorites

Halo 1 & 2 (Surprised not on the Microsoft Store at all)
Old School Need for Speeds (Personal favorite is Hot Pursuit 2)
and one of my all time favorites growing up was Simpsons Hit & Run (Clearly a GTA clone but love the Simpsons)

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 03:05:01 pm »
The Sims 1 complete collection and any of it's original game expansion packs for PC everyone is keeping this game to their own private  collections and not getting rid of it. >:(

plus Steam or GOG still are not selling it. in fact it is vary rare to find The Sims 1 Complete Collection Disc full set.

The ONLY way to have this game is to download a pirated copy that is not even the whole damn game.

My copy was ruined by burn hackers where some hackers got a hold of my PC and corrupted my only CD copies years ago. (giving me an error on ever installing it again on any PC)
 The Sims 1 Complete Collection is virtually impossible to buy today too >:(

I am pissed vary pissed off about this what I wrote

I dare anyone to even try amazon. It is so rare today that none has it for sale both physically  or digitally

you may find a pirated copy of the sims 2 complete collection but it's a risk
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 01:05:08 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 01:02:27 pm »
sorry for the vent yesterday, but I am sore that EA didn't make any more copies, the only way is to download a pirate copy. This all in one game I kid you not is  rare in fact the whole series is even out of stock everywhere not sure about ebay but I know I don't use ebay and amazon has been out of stock of this game all year long.

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 11:03:37 am »
Sims and Sims 2 stuff is not rare in the slightest. You can get yourself a full set just by going to thrift stores. In fact, I stopped buying Sims stuff altogether from there because I was not that big into the series to want to bother with the variations.

kevininja

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 05:56:52 pm »
It's a shame that the older LEGO games aren't available anywhere digitally.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 11:37:23 pm »
Sims and Sims 2 stuff is not rare in the slightest. You can get yourself a full set just by going to thrift stores. In fact, I stopped buying Sims stuff altogether from there because I was not that big into the series to want to bother with the variations.

The reason why I like the sims series on PC so much is because ever since I was 5 years old. I always wanted a video game that did not have limits, and with so much freedom to do whatever you want. the earlier The Sims series on PC really gave me what I wanted in a video game in my life. I have much nostalgia with especially the first series of expansions. Unfortunately I think the sims series is to old for anyone other then to keep it for to sell it off in the future.

It is a common game but according to my research you cannot find this game selling online too often and no thrift stores I know of carry the exact thing I am looking for.

that is the first series on PC and one box set called (The Sims Complete Collection) in which I am looking for the 1st the sims complete collection not just base game itself with it's expansions sold separately. the sims fans may know what I am refering to. In spite of the sims series for PC being common like you said, it has billions of fans by the way and it is a vary collectible series that I can't even find online much less in my local thrift stores. But, I am not sure I want the box set used after what happened to my old disc with the unbreakable install error in all on all my PC's
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:40:06 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 10:17:59 am »
I have it somewhere. I think it is missing a disc. No shortage on Ebay either.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 01:19:56 pm »
Pit in my heart when I read Skynet and Mech Warrior. Those were some of my favorites way back when! I definitely don't have those anymore (pretty sure mine were on floppies, maybe not...). I really would like to revisit them some day, but. meh...