Author Topic: Are you loyal to any water brand or are you team #AllWaterIsTheSame  (Read 2366 times)

I like Fiji water because it comes from the fiji islands.  I imagine ukalelee playing island people and happiness when I drink it.  It has notes of cirtus and smells like it came from the islands. 

Some people love a certain brand of water, like i'm a dasani guy or something and some people don't care what brand and think it's all the same like my guardian.  My guardian thinks it all comes from the tap.  The government puts different labels.  Secret society to triple profits funding the political alt left machine.  Which side are you on?  Are you a water brand fanboy or are you just drink whatever water is in the vending machine at the time.   Like if someone had options would you not care or do you have a favorite?

For a few years I became a water connoisseur if you will and was trying to differentiate different notes of the waters.

One time I bought very expensive water that fizzed.  It tasted like Rhino urine. Then I gave up because the pricey waters are gross and the best waters are the store ones :).

Which water is your favorite or do you not care? 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:43:15 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

pizzasafari

Re: Are you loyal to any water brand or are you team #AllWaterIsTheSame
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 06:36:21 am »

#AllWaterIsTheSame bay-beeee

Flashback2012

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:54:35 am »
There are several videos on YouTube where they do PH tests on water brands to see who sells the 'purest'. Here is one such video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OH7WL400aY

I do buy water but only by the gallon. I can't bring myself to purchase small bottled water because 1) I can't justify the price and 2) I consider the individual bottles to not be environmentally friendly. The gallon water I buy is from a filtered station at Meijer. I clean and re-use the jugs as often as I can and usually pay 0.40¢ a gallon (0.60¢ or so if I have to buy new jugs). I typically avoid drinking water from the tap if it can be helped.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 11:26:47 am »
I watched videos on this before- some brands are just highly filtered tap water, some are actually sourced from special springs. There can be a taste difference- my mom insists Arrowhead is 'dusty', and I hate Lifewater (it tastes chemical-y to me).

Having said that- buying water is an extreme rarity for me. It normally only happens on road trips, or if I meant to bring a reuseable bottle somewhere & forgot. When it does come up, usually the only two factors are cost and cap style- I don't want to spend a lot, and I am going to refill that bottle at some point. I avoid the 1-2 brands I know I don't like, otherwise I don't care.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 02:38:30 pm »
There are no great water brands but there are a bunch of terrible ones.

Agozer

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 04:49:47 pm »
Why would you need to be loyal to a water brand of all things? Is the stuff that comes out of the tap not good enough? I don't fucking understand the obsession with bottled, brand-name water many people seem to have these days. I can understand people relying on bottled water in countries where tap water is not or can't be cleaned properly.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:51:42 pm by Agozer »

aliensstudios

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 02:48:37 pm »
Huh, reminds me of that Martin Riese guy who claims to be a "water sommelier." He drinks water for a living I guess. Good luck to him putting that on his resume if it ever stops working for him :)

Honestly though, water does taste different sometimes. Water from the tap at my house is sort of fishy and pretty much undrinkable. All the water I drink at home comes through my refrigerator's filtration system. I get a case of arrowhead from Costco pretty much once every other week to take to work and I really can't taste anything different about it. Some other water like Dasani and Fiji tastes like it has a tiny bit of chlorination or something in it to me but I'll drink it. I just know it tastes a touch different but it doesn't really matter. Water is water. Really the only water I won't drink is the stuff from the tap at my house.

I feel like being a "water connoisseur" is the same thing as being an "air connoisseur" or something.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 05:36:22 pm »
Some water is cleaner than other water, and sometimes tap water is more cleaner than bottled water. There was something in the news recently that had to do with bottled water and it said this one brand of bottled water was known to contain plastic peices meaning there  was some contaminated bottled water reported recently that was straight from the bottled water factory

Mexican water is said to not be treated and could actually kill an american if one drank it. There was a big teaching in 1990's schools that told us kids never to drink mexican tap water if you are an american or don't live anywhere near a Mexican tap water source
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:38:09 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 06:22:45 pm »
#TeamEvian

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 08:25:31 am »
Bottled water is all generally the same for me, though I can tell a difference I don't really mind.

Tap water, however... there is a very high variability there.  Even the filtered water at my office is terrible.

rayne315

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 10:30:45 am »
one thing you need to realize when buying bottled water is:

1. It is the municipal tap water for the city it was bottled in.
2. most of the time it does not go through a secondary purification process.
3. the ones that do are typically very minimal or because the tap water picks up a bad tast flowing through corroded pipes.
4. the markup on this water is the highest markup of almost any item you will ever buy. typically in the 100,000+% category. that includes all water plastic and advertising in the initial cost.
5. all water that claims it is bottled from the source/unfiltered/rain is lying about it. the FDA has rules and regulations about water being sold in the united states that prevents any not filtered non treated water from being sold.
6. if you do not like the taste of your own refrigerated tap water and require some other cities refrigerated tap water 100% of the time it is more economical to just go out and buy your own secondary filter.

practically the only use for bottled water is if you are traveling to a place with no access to clean drinking water (3rd world countries type thing)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:34:30 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 09:22:26 pm »
Bottled water is all generally the same for me, though I can tell a difference I don't really mind.

Tap water, however... there is a very high variability there.  Even the filtered water at my office is terrible.

The only tap water I wouldn't drink even if I was dehydrated is the stuff that comes out of the faucet at Walt Disney World. It smells and tastes HORRIBLE. If they're trying to charge me $5 for a 20 oz. Powerade bottle, I would happily oblige to avoid drinking that swill they call tap water.  :o