Author Topic: I'd like to ask you all an important question  (Read 1627 times)

I'd like to ask you all an important question
« on: August 30, 2018, 08:00:52 pm »
I live in the UK and wanted to ask you a question about Brexit. I believe this will cause a stock market crash (whether minor or major remains to be seen) and wanted to ask when the best time to jump in on that would be. Would the best time to buy be as soon as Brexit occurs and things start falling or should I wait some while beyond that to see how far things have fallen when the dust settles? It would be really appreciated if you could give me your thoughts on this!

tripredacus

Re: I'd like to ask you all an important question
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 09:51:04 am »
Buy low, sell high.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 10:43:31 am »
my personal take away for it is say you invest 1k a month in stocks normally but you suspect that a drop is going to happen you have a few choices

1. if you believe it will be a massive drop (depression levels, massive bankruptcies and unemployment) then you should stop investing, take your profits from what you have and wait on it to bottom out before reinvesting.
2. if you think it will be a medium drop (something you can ride out without fear of your investments going bankrupt) then you can drop investment money to say 500 a month and bankroll that extra 500 a month to drop on the market when it does bottom out.
3. if you think it is a small drop then it will just be business as usual.

most of my personal investments are in things that will largely be unaffected by brexit so it is business as usual for me.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 10:51:51 am »
my personal take away for it is say you invest 1k a month in stocks normally but you suspect that a drop is going to happen you have a few choices

1. if you believe it will be a massive drop (depression levels, massive bankruptcies and unemployment) then you should stop investing, take your profits from what you have and wait on it to bottom out before reinvesting.
2. if you think it will be a medium drop (something you can ride out without fear of your investments going bankrupt) then you can drop investment money to say 500 a month and bankroll that extra 500 a month to drop on the market when it does bottom out.

most of my personal investments are in things that will largely be unaffected by brexit so it is business as usual for me.
I will always consistently invest and build a dividend portfolio whatever the climate but this is a golden opportunity to get shares at fire sale prices and I'm not sure if I should jump in when the event happens or if I should wait until a short while after that to see if the drop becomes even larger. In times of a crash should you get in when the crash occurs or just observe for a while to try to ascertain the lowest price point the stock will hit?

rayne315

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 03:34:35 pm »

I will always consistently invest and build a dividend portfolio whatever the climate but this is a golden opportunity to get shares at fire sale prices and I'm not sure if I should jump in when the event happens or if I should wait until a short while after that to see if the drop becomes even larger. In times of a crash should you get in when the crash occurs or just observe for a while to try to ascertain the lowest price point the stock will hit?

its all preference. I personally have an amount that I always buy a month. some months I use it all the first of the month others the end of it. but I always use the money per month. so if Im watching a stock that is doing well with no sign of a drop I will buy the 1st and if it is going down I will wait until I see at least a few days-a week of stability before I buy.

my dad will not invest in anything unless it has at least a month of upward momentum

just do it however you feel comfortable doing.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

pizzasafari

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 07:08:27 pm »
With all these threads you're making you'd probably be better off being on a stock market forum dude

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 04:00:04 am »
With all these threads you're making you'd probably be better off being on a stock market forum dude
No my dude too much effort, this is now an all topic forum

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 08:28:35 am »
At least he's posting in off-topic now, which is the one place it makes sense to be.

pizzasafari

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 01:56:06 pm »
No my dude too much effort, this is now an all topic forum

You'd get better results.