Author Topic: September 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased  (Read 5482 times)

theflea

September 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased
« on: September 02, 2018, 10:50:46 pm »
Well I guess I need to start the September Pick ups thread.
Didn't do any garage sales due to mot much even going on. Mostly mail orders coming in.
But I did get a new rare game console added to my collection.  :D

Interactive Figures
These where on clearance for under $5.
- Crash Bandicoot & Dr. Neo Cortex

PS4
First a collector's edition from japan that's English friendly.
- Bullet Girls Phantasia - Collector's Edition

Wii
A couple odd Wii games I don't see that often.
- Sniper Elite
- Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight

NDS
My local used game store got in a sealed DS gme and it was only $4.
- Lost Magic

GC
Picked up a GC I was missing, only $4.
- PK Out of the Shadows

PS2
Been on a binge looking for odd foreign titles.
First a weird game from Japan where you grow a girl like a planet and fall in love with her.
It looked so weird I had to get a copy. lol
- Tomak: Save the Earth Love Story
Next a game that is SO BAD I just had to have a copy.
- The Mouse Police

N64
I was never a big fan of the N64 controller and when I saw this I wanted one.
- Brawler 64 Gamepad

PS1
A game I always wanted but never found one at a decent price, I also wanted the English version.
- Vib-Ribbon

SNES
Picked this up pretty cheap CIB.
- Hyper V-Ball
and this next game pissed me off. Its a SNES game that WILL NOT WORK IN AN ORIGINAL SNES.  :o
Yep, it only works in clone SNES consoles like the Retron 5. I guess "some" SNES systems will play it but 99% of them will not read the cart. DO NOT BUY unless you play it on a clone console.  >:(
- Return of Double Dragon

GEN
I bought this mainly for the box and it was in better shape then mine.
- Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble

FAMICOM
This is a game I've been looking for a long time for, it rarely shows up on Ebay.
Finally one appeared and I talked to the guy and got him to take about $20 off the asking price.
- Kick Challenger: Air Foot

And last the New game console, I finally bought a PS4 Pro, but not just any Pro the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro.
A fellow collector bought it and changed his mind,  he just wanted his money back and offered it to me.
This was not cheap and he bought the Gamestop Bundle and it was $800.  :o I got him to take $725 and he kept the $75 gift card.
This is a console I know will only go up in value and will be sought after like the Anniversary edition and the Taco Bell Gold edition.
It's so beautiful, its basically a see through dark blue with gold trimming. Even lights up blue lights from inside. Even has a gold plate with the number on it. Only 50,000 where made. It also came with the limited Edition Headset and a year of PSN. I know I'd regret not buying it so I caved in and brought it home. Looks awesome next to my Taco Bell Gold PS4.  ;D

"Happy game hunting!!!"

shfan

Re: September 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 05:26:15 pm »
Picked up a few things from CEX today, took in a load of crap, spent half of the credit and pocketed the other half. I picked up Gray Matter for the 360, which is one of the handful of titles I've been waiting for (all that's really left are a few mainstream games and a few obscure titles). As well as that, I picked up 2 more Arrow Video blu rays - The Beast Within (creature feature, haven't seen it before) and Arrow's release of The Thing. Now I was delighted to find a copy of The Thing - Arrow have remastered it and there's several new extras on the disc, in addition it came with the slipcase and the booklet which only gets included in the initial print run, bonus. I was suprised it was only £6. Anyhow, when I get in I'm price-checking my standard version blu ray of The Thing on CEX as I'm going to trade it in, only to discover that the version I picked up today should have been £28 - the standard version is the one that's £6. So, I get some goodies and a blu ray I really wanted for less than a quarter of the credit it would have cost :D :D :D

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 06:39:20 pm »
It was a pretty busy week for me but i still found some time to buy Yakuza Kiwami 2 and to do a little hunt at a garage sale during the weekend.

PS1
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (it's missing half of the case so no front cover or manual but i only paid 1€ for it so i don't mind especially since i really wanted this game, i really like the PSP version but having the PS1 version will finally let me play on a big screen 8))

PS2
Britney's Dance Beat
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
ESPN Winter X-Games Snowboarding
GrooveRider: Slot Car Racing
Heroes of the Pacific
The Dukes of Hazard: Return of the General Lee

PS4
Samurai Warriors 4: Empires
Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Steelbook Edition

And the same guy who sold me Samurai Warriors also had a few other PS4 stuff to sale, he had three controllers for sale for 25€ each (still a good price for a PS4 pad) well... two of them were at 25€, the third one was priced at 8€ instead (and it was a 20th Anniversary edition :o), the guy tells me that the battery is dead so he dropped the price to see if maybe someone would buy it for the pieces or to repair it (hell yeah for that price i would gladly buy a new battery and learn how to repair it). After discussing with him and choosing one of the games he was selling (at 10€ each) he dropped the price of the pad to 5€ (for a total of 15€ for Samurai Warriors 4: Empires, the pad and the empty box of the Uncharted 4 Collector's Edition that he was going to trow away, that's where he was stocking his games and since he's selling them he didn't need it anymore).

When i got back home i still tried to connect it to my PS4 but no miracle the pad did not connect to the console (the lightbar did not even light up), i've tried to connect it with an USB cable to my PC to see if it could find the controller (i thought maybe i could play with it on computer while plugged in with an USB cable) and while it didn't find the controller i've had a weird sound on my computer like something was connecting and disconnecting non-stop from it, i left the controller plugged while i was searching google for more info and maybe 8/10 minutes after that the connecting/disconnecting sounds from my computer stopped and the lightbar from the controller was on like it was charging... i tried to play with it on computer and it worked with no problems, i've left the pad plugged to my computer for almost two hours before testing it again on my PS4 and it worked perfectly. I guess the battery was really empty ??? or maybe it's starting to die ? I don't really know but for now i've got a working 20th Anniversary PS4 controller for 5€ and i'm really happy 8).

3DS
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (Only the cartridge sadly, but finding a Pokémon game i don't have for 1€ is still good for me)

Video Games related stuff:
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
JeuxVidéoMagazine.com Artbook vol. 5 (i don't buy video games magazines anymore but i make an exception for this one every 8/10 months when they release a special edition with a new volume of that Artbook).

Everything else
It's sadly incomplete but i found the 4 CD set of the Original Soundtrack Anthology from the first Star Wars Trilogy, it's missing the third disc, the one from the Return of the Jedi but since i've only paid 2€ for it i absolutely don't mind (but i will still try to find the third disc online, i've already found a pretty cheap offer on discogs but i'm really afraid on the shipping cost from the US to France ::)).

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 07:53:23 pm »
Here's mine in video form (hopefully that's okay)  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usP0RRPkdAM

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 08:04:26 pm »
Call of Duty: Ghosts on PS3.

Pickings are gettin slim around here lately.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 09:14:40 pm »
And last the New game console, I finally bought a PS4 Pro, but not just any Pro the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro.
A fellow collector bought it and changed his mind,  he just wanted his money back and offered it to me.
This was not cheap and he bought the Gamestop Bundle and it was $800.  :o I got him to take $725 and he kept the $75 gift card.
This is a console I know will only go up in value and will be sought after like the Anniversary edition and the Taco Bell Gold edition.
It's so beautiful, its basically a see through dark blue with gold trimming. Even lights up blue lights from inside. Even has a gold plate with the number on it. Only 50,000 where made. It also came with the limited Edition Headset and a year of PSN. I know I'd regret not buying it so I caved in and brought it home. Looks awesome next to my Taco Bell Gold PS4.  ;D

I was also thinking about getting one of these to feed my thirst for exclusive items and in preparation for the Cyberpunk 2077 release but in the end I decided to skip as the production run of 50.000 (!) pieces disqualifies it as a rare collector's item and I really disliked the cheap semitranslucent plastic design with the weird lighting effect on the front which looks odd to me.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:19:49 pm by blurks »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 02:07:39 pm »
I finally get to post on here! Seems like I've just been waiting on pre-orders forever.

Gauntlet was a childhood favorite I should have re-bought a long time ago. Spent hours on that game as a kid (though never beat it).

Raiden V is cool because it's like my favorite shoot-em up series, a favorite genre of mine. Though honestly, it was a bit disappointing in comparison to other entries.

And Twilight Princess is an upgrade. I had the Wii version, hated the waggle controls.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:38:04 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 10:55:39 pm »
I finally get to post on here! Seems like I've just been waiting on pre-orders forever.

Gauntlet was a childhood favorite I should have re-bought a long time ago. Spent hours on that game as a kid (though never beat it).

Raiden V is cool because it's like my favorite shoot-em up series, a favorite genre of mine. Though honestly, it was a bit disappointing in comparison to other entries.

And Twilight Princess is an upgrade. I had the Wii version, hated the waggle controls.

Yeah, Raiden V was pretty disappointing. Raiden Fighters on the 360 is by far the best to own. I love the Fighters series so much!

spac316

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 11:30:23 pm »
Just downloaded Donkey Kong Arcade and Double Dragon Arcade for Switch.

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 02:13:08 pm »
Raiden V looks pretty crappy especially if you like the older game in the series like me, than again It's modern times so I guess it is acceptable that they were going in that direction to try something different. The whole visuals presentation and music it can attract some but It's nothing like the older games especially the status screen and the music.

If they would at least keep it in the direction of raiden III or raiden IV it could have been pretty solid even though those games were not the best in the series.

as far as adds go Some random weeks nothing to special but i'm still pretty pleased

Mediocre deals all cib

point blank box set 37 euro's shipped
final zone 10 euro's loss It's always a good day for me when I can add a usa exclusive sega game to the collection
Ninja gaiden 24 euro's shipped why not, master system deals are rare and It's one of the better games wich I was after

Free sony deals all cib

ps2

rez
panzer font b
g surfers

psp

phantom brave bermuda

ps1

Xcom terrors of the deep
Future cop

sega

dragon's revenge

Free Nintendo deals

Gauntlet Gamecube

sakura wars wii factory sealed

gameboy

road rash 3d
megaman battle network 3

Paper mario N64 pretty stoked to add this one to the collection
Dungeon magic nes with map etc
Obitus snes
techmo secret of the stars snes

A pretty big CDI deal for free this guy had almost everything for flea market prices pretty insane really especially if you would consider that he did actually sell the zelda titles for some pretty nice value.

micro machines
accelarator
merlins apprentice
haunted house
lucky luke
phantrom express
labyrinth of crete
flashback
defender of the crown
shaolin road
atlantis the last resort

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:45:57 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Flashback2012

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 08:09:39 pm »
Been taking advantage of GameStop's 3 for $25 deal on games $14.99 and under.

Picked these up over the weekend...

Mini Golf Resort (Wii)
Forza Motorsport 5 (XB1)
Styx: Shards of Darkness (XB1)
Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4)
Bladestorm: Nightmare (PS4)
Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada (PS4)
Blood Bowl II (PS4)
The Technomancer (PS4)
Playstation VR Worlds (PS4)
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops - Zombie Edition (PS4)
Zombie Vikings: Ragnarok Edition (PS4)

Racked up some points so I burned some coupons on Okami HD (PS4) and Metroid Prime: Federation Force (3DS). Also picked up Big League Sports (XB360) and Tin Can Escape (DS).

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 12:28:55 am »
Just a small batch on the physical front this time:

PS4:
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

360:
Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

However, I made a major acquisition on the digital side, as I now own one of the more valuable tf2 unusuals: The Galvanized Gibus. This is my 97th Green Confetti unusual and 107th overall.

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 10:01:09 am »
What are unusuals? They are not just skins?

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 11:00:03 am »
What are unusuals? They are not just skins?

No, Skins came years later and are different things (and you can have an unusual skin as well). If an item is unusual, besides being marked as such, it will have a particle effect attached to it, which can range from being on fire to having dancing skeletons circle around it. What makes them rare and special is that there is no way to earn them in-game, they can only be found by opening crates, and even then, are a very rare chance (a little under 1%) of getting one. Beyond that, certain hats/effects are only available from certain crates or are only available for a limited time, further increasing some items rarity, potentially limiting their number in existence to 1 or 2. This all means that the values of these items will range widely, with the bottom end items being worth around $10-15, and the top end items being $10-12,000.

One thing that does also help keep the value of the items up is that most items are freely tradeable, allowing people to build up their inventory's value without relying on the luck of lootboxes. Plus, Valve has effectively turned a blind eye to people using the secondary market for the items (just with the caveat that they won't help if a person gets scammed), allowing a person to easily cash out their inventory. TF2 also doesn't have the trading restrictions that CS:GO does, since the community was able to self police themselves when Valve started to crack down on gambling sites using their items.

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 12:03:20 pm »
I think I had gotten a TF2 item on steam before, but I didn't play the game. I understand the idea of those types of items, but I have not played a game where they exist... as separate items per-se. Only in games with drop-rates like Diablo series.