Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! Card collecting  (Read 1237 times)

kypherion

Yu-Gi-Oh! Card collecting
« on: September 05, 2018, 02:12:42 pm »
Anybody still collect/own Yu-Gi-Oh! cards?
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

pizzasafari

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Card collecting
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 02:55:45 pm »
I wish I did but my mum made me throw all mine away, since then I've learned how to actually play the card game and gotten somewhat good at it but I have no cards to play it with :'(

telly

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 10:08:37 pm »
I maybe own a total of 7 cards total and they're all from Labrynth of Nightmare funnily enough

While I never played the game as a kid I've been really digging the Yu Gi Oh video games, they've been a ton of fun if you just want to play the game without spending money on cards.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 11:47:40 pm »
I still have most of my old Yugioh cards from the early 2000s when I used to play tournaments and spend all my income on the game. I still have several of my best decks, which are mostly comprised of cards from several of the original booster series that were released here. I got back into Yugioh a little back around 2010, but it was short lived. Still, I love holding onto my old Yugioh cards for sentimental reasons.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 05:12:33 am »
I did enjoy the game when I was a kid and enjoy the tv series still to this day especially the original series wich is somewhat hated by most hardcore yu gi oh fans since the rules don't match with the card game and allot of luck for the main characters wich in my opinion didn't really matter since the original series is allot better than the later ones.

I still have my cards from the past but I mainly focus on just few things that I enjoy in live since free time is not an unlimited thing unfotunately.

As far as collecting goes I only focus that one down on games since I enjoy that the most in terms of gameplay and variety, not to mention that there are some very good yu gi oh video games out there wich I do play from time to time.

in terms of collecting it is quite a different world compared to videogames. Yu gi oh is not the exception, for the same reasons I also don't collect pokemon cards. If I liked either of the card games more than playing videogames I would have been a card collector instead.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:09:59 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 07:47:41 pm »
While I played the video games, I never got into the cards themselves.

Instead, my go-to games of the collectable type were/are Star Wars Miniatures, Decipher's Star Trek CCG, Pokemon, and Battletech.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 04:01:49 pm »
No and the game hasn't been popular in 8 years.