Author Topic: Suggestion: Note box for edits  (Read 1035 times)

pizzasafari

Suggestion: Note box for edits
« on: September 05, 2018, 03:47:02 pm »
Just something I thought of, often when we make edits to games in the database it looks to the person accepting/rejecting the edit like we're replacing good information with bad information or formatting it wrong or something like that, when there's actually a good reason why we're making that edit that we have no way of making clear to the person verifying it.

Do you think it would be helpful to have some kind of note box or something similar added to the editing page for things that lets us leave a note for the person checking it to let them know why we made that change? It can be a bit frustrating when valid edits are rejected.

aliensstudios

Re: Suggestion: Note box for edits
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 06:51:21 pm »
I've suggested this before because more than a few times an edit has been rejected and that accepted after an explanation. For now I'd just pm tripredacus if it's something you're unsure about after an edit.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:53:11 pm by aliensstudios »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:35:10 am »
We've been asking for that for a long time, at least for the staff to be able to send a note along with the rejection.

Personally, if I reject an edit and I feel that the choices we have to pick for the reason are not enough to explain, then I will send a PM. But obviously I can't PM everyone for every rejection.

PMing me is not required for wanting to talk about an edit rejection. Primarily because I'm not the only person who goes through the queue. Instead, post into the Listing Errors thread about it and we can take a look. And users may be able to answer the question for you without an admin having to respond.

Flashback2012

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 12:31:19 pm »
Instructions unclear. Spamming tripredacus with PMs.  ;)

This has come up a few times already. I think a nice band-aid fix for the interim is to have a stickied all-purpose thread in the Video Game Database Discussion titled "Rejected Edits Discussion 2018" or something to that effect.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 10:37:47 am »
I had gotten scolded for making a thread like that in the past. Instead, just put into Listing Errors what the problem is.