Author Topic: Do you prefer console or PC?  (Read 1720 times)

Do you prefer console or PC?
« on: September 10, 2018, 03:33:43 pm »
?

Re: Do you prefer console or PC?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 04:37:42 pm »
Both, just depends on the game.  Games with mod support and first person shooter gameplay need to be on PC.  Also anything that requires fine controls, like survival games and such need to be on PC.

telly

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 05:50:34 pm »
I only game on console. My PC is for work and work only, and I like to keep them very separate from one another otherwise I'd get distracted way too easily.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 06:47:17 pm »
both but steam freezes my computer
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 06:52:21 pm »
I game on both, but by far console. I was a late bloomer to the PC, and the PC I did have growing up barley ran games that were two years old. Luckily that's not the case anymore and I enjoy playing PC exclusives, both old and new now. Still, I've gamed mostly on consoles my whole life and it's likely to stay that way.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 07:22:25 pm »
Console. I have a Mac so that kinda limits gaming options, plus my hands get cramped using keyboard and mouse for a long period of time.

ferraroso

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 09:21:08 pm »
I am too dumb to be able to even install games on PC, so I ONLY play on console.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 08:29:20 am »
I game on both, but by far console. I was a late bloomer to the PC, and the PC I did have growing up barley ran games that were two years old. Luckily that's not the case anymore and I enjoy playing PC exclusives, both old and new now. Still, I've gamed mostly on consoles my whole life and it's likely to stay that way.

This is pretty close to my experience as well - though I wasn't a late bloomer, I just only played a few specific games on the PC: WoW being the primary, along with some RTSs and God-likes.

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 09:52:43 am »
PC Master Race

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 09:56:39 am »

This is pretty close to my experience as well - though I wasn't a late bloomer, I just only played a few specific games on the PC: WoW being the primary, along with some RTSs and God-likes.

We got our first family PC in the late 90s when computers were still fairly expensive, even for you low end, standard desktop machine. Even the low performance Windows 95 machine we started with cost like $1200. It did fine with games that were mostly sprite based, but anything that did a lot of 3D rendering killed it, which was a lot of games around 1998 when I got it. I remember trying to play Everquest and it was like watching a slideshow, like 5fps. Those were rough times indeed.

kypherion

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 01:36:35 pm »
PC. For retro gaming it does it better than the actual console so why not.

Also easy for speedrunning.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 01:46:55 pm »
Console, all the way. Hate dealing with patches and compatibility and all that complicated B.S. And I just prefer a controller. Yes, I know many computer games allow controllers, but then many are too complicated for that, as well.

Agozer

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 06:22:39 pm »
I more or less completely dropped out of the PC gaming scene around the mid-2000s or so. I have no interesting in trying to keep up with the power escalation in PC hardware, compatibility/driver issues, or the poor PC ports of the games I like to play. I still have Steam installed on my laptop, but I hardly ever use it. There's also the fact that actual retail versions of PC games are little more than a Steam key on a piece of paper.

So yeah, I'm a console gamer through and through.

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 07:21:17 pm »
Last games I bought for PC was Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II. I prefer to play on console. PC is too much of a hassle and if I want to move from the game room to the living room or bedroom.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 08:09:27 pm »
I like both PC and consoles but unfortunately I no longer have a PC hopefully I'll get another one soon. Can't wait to play Starcraft,Warcraft,Rise of Nations,Age of Empires.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 08:15:35 pm by wartoy »