Author Topic: What are your favorite games of the current (PS4/XB1/Switch) generation?  (Read 594 times)

What games did you have the most fun with this gen?

Injustice 2, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Rainbow Six: Siege, HITMAN, Sniper Elite III, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends - Complete Edition

Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

wolfen

Re: What are your favorite games of the current (PS4/XB1/Switch) generation?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 02:33:49 pm »
I have no doubt in my mind that Super Mario Odyssey will be seen as the greatest 3D Mario game some years down the line, I personally think it's the most ambitious 3D Mario to date and it is simply fun to play. The capture mechanic just blows the door wide open when it comes to movement and gameplay options. I also love that they used so many weird ideas for characters and worlds to make each one feel like it was a special place.

Breath of the Wild is maybe my single favorite gaming experience ever. The discovery, the graphics, the gameplay, and the freedom of movement around this huge open sprawling world is unrivaled as far as I'm concerned. Anytime I play a game with traveling I will always compare it to Breath of the Wild and am always disappointed by the lack of freedom of movement.

I bought God of War on a whim never having played another game in the series beforehand and it's one of the best games I've ever played. It has the perfect balance of difficulty and fun, I never felt like I was beaten unfairly in any fight even the final Valkyrie; as hard as she was; never felt like bullshit. The game is also great at getting you attached to all of the characters individual stories and struggles, they did a great job of filling in the world with great complex characters as few as there are. To top it all off everything in this game looks stunning.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is another great game with a unique story and take on the post apocalypse trope. The whole world really feels connected through all of these little side stories and characters that you meet throughout your main journey. I also love that we got another strong female videogame character in Aloy. The gameplay is so simple, but you can make it as deep as you need for any situation.

I honestly feel like we're living in a golden age of gaming and I feel like we're barely half way through it.