Author Topic: Your favorite Dragonball series  (Read 2719 times)

Your favorite Dragonball series
« on: September 16, 2018, 11:45:34 am »
Which of the following is your favorite Dragon Ball series:

Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball Z Kai (technically DBZ minus massive filler)
Dragonball Z Super
Dragonball GT

Re: Your favorite Dragonball series
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 12:34:54 pm »
Abridged.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 12:36:24 pm »

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 01:54:01 pm »
I'd say my favourite is the original dragonball z. Filler is not a bad thing for dragonball Z. For allot of series filler episodes can be boring compared to the main story line but for some series including dragonball fillers are enjoyable to watch.

The original dragonball comes in second It's more of a comedy but that wasn't a bad thing. I kinda miss that in dragonball Z It's allot less there but than again It's more action based and just really different it is to be expected.

Dragonball z super brings a bit back of the original dragonball wich I really like as far as comedy goes a mix between dragonball z and dragonball it seems. The funny moments with goku, beerus but especially vegeta are over the top especially compared to the older dragonball z and dragonball series wich I did not expect to see.

The comedy in dragonball super is absolutely top notch I might rank it as number 2 instead of the original nostalgic dragonball.

Dragonball gt is absolute garbage. I could literally fall asleep while watching this series I had very low expectations for the series future when this came out :P

As far as dragonball z kai goes I'd say It's a allot less in my opinion they removed quit some fun stuff to make it shorter. The voice work wasn't that much better from what I could remember.

There is one improvement that i really appreciated though, the Ginyu Force theme instead of the normal presentation in the normal dragonball z ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v30HToswDs
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:14:26 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 02:15:39 pm »
soooo Kai?

No.

Have you never watched Dragon Ball Z Abridged?

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 04:44:45 pm »
Abridged.

That's the right pick lol

For me, since I haven't seen Dragon Ball Z Kai yet, I'm gonna go with default DBZ.  It's what I started with with and was one of my earliest dives into anime beyond I think a couple movies I had seen before. 

Never really watched the original, only see bits of GT over the years, and while Super has a few good ideas, it pales in comparison to Z and I think has some really bad writing and I hated that they spent the first 30 episodes rehashing the two movies, wasting everyone's time.

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 11:27:36 pm »
Z for sure, with a side helping of Abridged.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 11:45:00 pm »
im a big fan of Naruto.

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 01:09:28 am »
I like the Dragon Ball series's too But I only seen some of Original Dragon Ball and part of Dragon Ball Z
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 01:57:40 pm »
DBZ, for sure.

But my favorite saga is now the Black Goku Saga from Dragon Ball Super. It was the Frieza saga, forever, because Goku going Super-Saiyan the first time is just epic as hell. But the Black Goku Saga was just so well written involving time travel, mystery, and massive power levels.

stealthrush

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 02:59:34 pm »
the original Dragon Ball including the manga!

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 06:55:02 pm »
the original Dragon Ball including the manga!

I love the Dragonball Manga! It's a top 10 Manga for me for sure!

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 01:29:04 am »
When I grew up I watched Dragon Ball Z every week day after school, but looking back at the series I now think that Dragon Ball Z fighting is funny, Lets look at the Freza Battle episodes, I think it seemed to take at least 3 or 4 weeks I can't remember correctly, but I do remember wondering when will Goku would ever stop fighting Freza! after I think 15 episodes, I could be wrong but it seemed like a long time. meanwhile other things were happening I didn't care much about in the dragon ball universe, but the fighting kinda drags on some episodes.

I would love to watch every single dragon ball Z episode on the internet again, because back when I saw DBZ on Cartoon network, I got tired of waiting a whole another day just to see what would happen. within 20 minutes of air time and maybe 10-5 minute commercial, and between the DBZ episodes flashing back to Master Rochi for some reason, I'd say watching Dragon Ball Z on live television was a complete pain.

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 10:51:09 am »
I had heard about the series while at school, but technically speaking my cousin was the one who introduced me to Dragon Ball; I remember right after school we used to stay at a day-care within the premises, and since we stayed there for at least 3 hours, he used to bring movies and stuff. One day he brought "Dragon Ball: Great Mystical Adventure", which was at the time the third and last movie of the original series, and all I know is right after that day I was hooked and didn't look back. Thanks to him I saw the majority of the original series, and then as time went on at school more of our friends also started to get Dragon Ball fever, so we eventually got to almost everything since we would lend each other VHS tapes with episodes, as well some of the movies recorded on them. Later on during high school I leaned about GT, which I saw thanks to another friend, who happend to also have the rest of the DBZ movies. Super I watched for the most part thanks to the magic of the Internet, but truthfully was underwhelmed until the last few episodes.

If I were to pick favorites:

Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Super (it's okay)
Dragon Ball GT (meh)
Super Dragon Ball Heroes (whatever)

I still haven't watched Kai to this day, but I will in due time. I don't mind the filler episodes in DBZ, but given Kai was edited to closely follow the manga is quite an incentive. And as far as Abridged goes, I binged the series years ago, but haven't seen any of the newest episodes.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 07:28:39 pm »
people always seem to give filler episodes a bad rep while in reality at least for me some of the best episodes are also include filler.

dbz kai removed allot I enjoyed King kai's training wich was massively shortened. wich was great stuff in Z

piccolo and goku having driving lessons. and man did piccolo look stupid with that hat. One of the best episode in the dbz series to name one example

Or the baseball episode in super.

If a series is good the fillers can be excellent and in some cases rank among the best episodes in the entire series.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 07:32:02 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!