Author Topic: What upcoming games are you REALLY excited for?  (Read 3430 times)

shfan

Re: What upcoming games are you REALLY excited for?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 05:57:10 pm »
Last of us 2 was probably the most talked about E3 conference. Mostly because of the kiss scene ^.  I am kinda disturbed by how many gamers got in arms to trash Naughty Dog for having a lesbian protagonist in their game.  Masking homophobic remarks as "concerns for the game"  It gets into a deeper political issue that I won't plague this thread with.  But all and all, People need to loosen up a bit and I commend naughty dog for doing something I don't think i've seen done in gaming without the intent to make fun.  The less people excluded from the fun of video game culture the better in my eyes. 

If not wanting to surrender our hobby to censorious culture-warriors who want to power-trip boobs and blood out of existence is homophobic, then I'm a raging homophobe. That'll come as some shock to my sister who happens to be a lesbian. I don't want to 'plague' the thread with this either (and avoid discussing culture-wars normally), but just casually dismissing concerns over whether poltically-correct point scoring is happening as homophobia, particularly in this climate, is itching for some kind of response (and I hope this is taken in the spirit meant, I'm not having a go at you here). Just as some of the gaming press are cheering this though it is somehow the breaking of the Berlin Wall, others are criticizing (!) the trailer for being violent towards women and yet more are complaining about the violence in general. Perhaps these critics would prefer it if the game kept the lesbianism and did away with the violence and actual game altogether?

I'm not saying that the game is just point scoring, i don't know enough about it, and I'm certainly not saying all the negative comments are in any way defensible, there's some downright nasty pieces of work out there. However, the more political correctness becomes a game in itself, the less choice we're going to have and the more the vocal few are going to demand. I just hope the next game doesn't involve Ellie running past 'misogynist' plant-zombies while demanding that they check their privilege, not that I'd be buying it either way.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 07:59:33 pm »
Ace Combat 7
Fallout 76
Gears of war 5
Just cause 4

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 10:26:50 pm »
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man
Ultimate Smash

In that order

kashell

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 09:44:47 am »
Mega Man 11
Ultimate Smash
Shining Resonance Refrain
Octopath Traveler
Tales of Vesperia Definite Edition
Muv Luv
Muv Luv Alternative

azure

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 10:48:31 am »
Metal Wolf Chaos
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Fist Of The North Star Lost Paradise
Shining Resonance Refrain
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Mega Man 11

bantha

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 12:17:02 pm »
So many great looking games to be excited about!

My most anticipated are (roughly chronologically) :

Jurassic Park Evolution
Octopath Traveller
Dragon Quest XI
Monster Hunter Generations
Spider-Man
Code Vein
Ace Combat 7
Fallout 76
Red Dead Redemption 2
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Forza Horizon 4
Metro Exodus
Bayonetta 3
Ghosts of Tsushima
The Last of Us 2
Nioh 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Death Stranding
Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice

These are my most anticipated releases off the top of my head, but there are loads of other games that I am looking forward to.

Admittedly I like a lot of genres, but surely OP can find something out of that lot !!   ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:24:50 pm by bantha »

piscean64

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 03:05:15 pm »
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Resident Evil 2 Remake
...wow is that all? I can't even think of more.

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 07:32:37 pm »
Last of us 2 was probably the most talked about E3 conference. Mostly because of the kiss scene ^.  I am kinda disturbed by how many gamers got in arms to trash Naughty Dog for having a lesbian protagonist in their game.  Masking homophobic remarks as "concerns for the game"  It gets into a deeper political issue that I won't plague this thread with.  But all and all, People need to loosen up a bit and I commend naughty dog for doing something I don't think i've seen done in gaming without the intent to make fun.  The less people excluded from the fun of video game culture the better in my eyes. 

If not wanting to surrender our hobby to censorious culture-warriors who want to power-trip boobs and blood out of existence is homophobic, then I'm a raging homophobe. That'll come as some shock to my sister who happens to be a lesbian. I don't want to 'plague' the thread with this either (and avoid discussing culture-wars normally), but just casually dismissing concerns over whether poltically-correct point scoring is happening as homophobia, particularly in this climate, is itching for some kind of response (and I hope this is taken in the spirit meant, I'm not having a go at you here). Just as some of the gaming press are cheering this though it is somehow the breaking of the Berlin Wall, others are criticizing (!) the trailer for being violent towards women and yet more are complaining about the violence in general. Perhaps these critics would prefer it if the game kept the lesbianism and did away with the violence and actual game altogether?

I'm not saying that the game is just point scoring, i don't know enough about it, and I'm certainly not saying all the negative comments are in any way defensible, there's some downright nasty pieces of work out there. However, the more political correctness becomes a game in itself, the less choice we're going to have and the more the vocal few are going to demand. I just hope the next game doesn't involve Ellie running past 'misogynist' plant-zombies while demanding that they check their privilege, not that I'd be buying it either way.
I mean yeah I can agree that shit can get out of hand and ridiculous pretty fast, but I also think the idea that video games should inherently avoid including anything of the sort to avoid some kind of censorship apocalypse is..well, pretty damn homophobic.  I get why it can get annoying, but at the same time I think the way people are so eager to throw the SJW card at well, basically any protagonist that isn't a straight white dude really isn't any better, which is why a lot of people are sick of this sort of thing instantly garnering complaints.

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 11:40:44 am »
I've pre-ordered my LE for Little Dragon Cafe so I'm stoked for that. I'm also stoked for the final mix of TWEWY. It's was my hands down favorite DS game and is near and dear to my heart.

Other hype games:
-Super Mario Party
-KH III
-Spyro Reignited Trilogy

wolfen

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 10:16:54 pm »
Guaranteed Buy: Smash Ultimate, Super Mario Party

Not Sure:
Let's Go, Eevee! 55%
I keep going back and forth on whether I want to get Lets Go, Eevee!, because I honestly don't feel that $60 is a fair price for what is essentially a remake, maybe if it was 40 or even 50 I would be more inclined to get it. Plus I don't wanna blow my hype for Gen 8 on this "side game". The only thing that excites me are the changes to Pokemon encounters and the catching mechanics from Pokemon Go.

Red Dead Redemption 2 40%
I really want to be hyped for this, but it isn't what I was expecting for a sequel to the first. I really feel like people are gonna get overhyped for it and be disappointed by not having more than what was shown. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy 50%
I am kind of excited for this trilogy because I've only played 2-3 Spyro games very lightly when I was with friends and I liked them enough and I've always wanted to really get into them. It's also only $40 for 3 games rebuilt from the ground up, compared to something like Lets Go Eevee! it looks like an absolute steal.

shfan

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 11:38:49 am »

I mean yeah I can agree that shit can get out of hand and ridiculous pretty fast, but I also think the idea that video games should inherently avoid including anything of the sort to avoid some kind of censorship apocalypse is..well, pretty damn homophobic.  I get why it can get annoying, but at the same time I think the way people are so eager to throw the SJW card at well, basically any protagonist that isn't a straight white dude really isn't any better, which is why a lot of people are sick of this sort of thing instantly garnering complaints.

I don't believe it needs avoiding at all, I just think it should be done sensibly and as part of the process, not because the press and industry heads have decided that as much non-straight-white-male characters need jamming into games as possible and fuck everyone who thinks otherwise.  I'd fully agree that the atmosphere created has resulted in games and characters unfairly being labelled 'SJW' when creators are just exercising their own will is dispiriting, to put it mildly, but this atmosphere has been created by a handful of vocal twits and swallowed wholesale by the industry. Most of us just want to play the damned games, not be lectured.

telly

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 03:38:35 pm »
Now that we have a release date for AC7 I'm super excited for it. Already pre-ordered it   :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

wolfen

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 05:43:21 pm »
My list just grew about 3 times over

Guaranteed Buy:

Luigi's Mansion 3
I never thought in my wildest dreams we would get another Luigi's Mansion on console, so Luigi's Mansion 3 is a dream come true for me. I only hope that it's more like the first game than Dark Moon.

Yoshi's Crafted World
Yoshi's Whooly World was one of my favorite games on the Wii U so Yoshi's Crafted World is a no-brainer.

Civilization 6
Civ 6 on Switch is also a big one because I can just pick up and play any time without having to wait for my slow ass PC to start it up.

Animal Crossing 2019
I've only played AC New Leaf on 3DS and that was years after its release so I'm kind of excited to be able to play one from the get go for the first time.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 08:36:59 pm »
-Smash ultimate
-Resident Evil 2
-Devil May Cry 5
-Ori 2
-Bayonetta 3
-that Sucker Punch game who's name escapes me right now
-Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
-Judge Eyes (aka Project Judge)

wolfen

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 07:27:28 pm »
-that Sucker Punch game who's name escapes me right now

Ghost of Tsushima. I am super hyped for this game as well I just didn't list it because it's so far out
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:32:41 pm by wolfen »