Author Topic: 007 James Bond Video Games What Do You Think Of Them?  (Read 1229 times)

007 James Bond Video Games What Do You Think Of Them?
« on: September 30, 2018, 09:26:54 am »
The only one I ever at least tried to play through is 007 Goldeneye (the video game) for Nintendo 64. I am aware that there is however another James Bond Video  007 Goldeneye  game for Gamecube and PlayStation 2 and OG Xbox but I have not play that game through yet.

I played a vary little of (007 The World Is Not Enough) for PlayStation 1. But, I don't like how the vary first level is a stealth level. I cannot stand Stealth in a fully 3D game enviroment so it was an instant turn off.

One question I have is how is that 007 James Bond Racing Game "007 Racing for PlayStation 1? is it worth buying and playing?
OR
Did anyone ever know or play this game?

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:29:33 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pizzasafari

Re: 007 James Bond Video Games What Do You Think Of Them?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:34:10 am »
I have actually played Rogue Agent, though it was years and years and years ago, I didn't play much of it and I barely remember it, but I remember my impression of it being low. I think it was a bit boring. I've heard most people seem to have the same opinion.

If you're looking for good 007 games though I've played Nightfire and Agent Under Fire and both were really good, at least in my memory. Though IIRC I only played the multiplayer in AUF but it was insanely fun. Grapple hooks yo.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:55:40 am »
I haven't played Rogue Agent, though I have it lying in my box of games lol. Should probably get around to playing it. I've also never played GoldenEye on the N64 (I'm young, don't judge me lol)

The first Bond game I did play was 'Everything or Nothing' on the PS2 and I remember loving it. It's different to the games prior as it's in third person and there is stealth, though it is optional and not always viable. I recently went back to it and thought it was still an enjoyable game, though I wasn't a fan of the driving sections and that final level was just... ugh. I also gave 'Nightfire' a go but got lost on the first level :-[
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:57:21 am by purdon »

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 10:13:03 am »
Like the vast majority of people I've really only played Goldeneye on the N64 extensively, and I probably don't have to describe how much of a good time that is. I've played a little bit of The World is Not Enough, and it seems like a decent entry, albeit an inferior entry to Goldeneye.

I've heard that some of the original Bond games during gen 6 are pretty good. My brother had a couple of these when we were younger and he seemed to enjoy them a lot.

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 05:22:16 pm »
Other than Goldeneye, the only ones I remember playing and I think liking were Agent Under Fire and Nightfire on the PS2.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 02:45:22 am »
Even though many of the games are dubious in quality, I have a soft spot for this series. 

Anything pre-Goldeneye sucked.  I picked up 007 The Duel for Genesis and could not play for more than a few minutes. 

N64 Goldeneye was amazing when I was younger, but nearly unplayable now... so sad

I loved the World is Not Enough for PS1 as a kid, even though in retrospect, it's a pretty horrible game. N64 version is soooooo much better, wish I had played that version instead growing up.  One of the best Bond games ever made. Tomorrow Never Dies for PS1 is a stinker too.  Still played them both for many many hours.  007 Racing was pretty blah.

I loved Agent Under Fire and Nightfire on PS2 growing up, decent FPS games.  Both had incredible multiplayer modes, played a ton of Nightfire deathmatch as a teenager.   

Everything for Nothing was my personal favorite, a really fun game with a lot of replay value and a really awesome co-op mode.  I spent so much time trying to get the highest scores on every level.  Back when I actually had time to really deep dive into a game...  I've heard From Russia with Love is actually decent, I have it but never played it.  Goldeneye Rogue Agent was dull/boring. 

The PS3/360 gen dipped in quality.  I thought Blood Stone was pretty solid, but a step down from Everything or Nothing.  That one is probably still worth playing. The rest mostly suck.   Quantum of Solace was meh.  Once Activision turned them into Call of Duty clones I quit playing them.  007 Legends is terrible and really weird.  It adapts the plots of classic movies but treats them as if Daniel Craig is Bond and that it takes place in present day.  It's honestly confusing, and then it plays like Call of Duty Modern Warfare.  The Goldeneye remake is similar, but slightly more fun than Legends. 

We probably won't ever get a decent Bond game again, which is really sad. 

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 09:30:02 am »
I think I've played just about every James bond game.  Goldeneye is pretty much the only good one.  Rogue Agent isn't even really a James Bond game... has nothing to do with Goldeneye and I don't think James Bond is even in the game... and the game is terrible.

I feel like I recall liking Bloodstone, but it was very much a different kind of James Bond game.  Almost Splinter Cell/Bourne Conspiracy-esque IIRC.

telly

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 09:46:04 am »
I have 007 Nightfire that I've dabbled in before but never finished. The controls were kinda jank iirc.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 10:07:45 am »
I haven't played one that I like yet.

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 06:17:59 pm »
I've played and beaten Rogue Agent. It was pretty average overall. Pretty easy too, as the mechanic that allowed you to take enemies hostage and use them as human shields was rather overpowered. As for the multiplayer, it had promise, and had some interesting interactions with the hacking mechanics, but it would've needed online play to really have been anything worthwhile.