Author Topic: Have video games ever become an unhealthy obsession for you?  (Read 2558 times)

kashell

Re: Have video games ever become an unhealthy obsession for you?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 11:20:22 am »
Nothing unhealthy, but there have been times when I take a mental health day to just have time to myself to game and "treat yo' self."

I know that there are extreme stories out there about it being unhealthy.

I’ve taken those “mental health days”. Believe it or not, I’m more productive after I take a day to save the world and decompress a little.

That's true of everyone. Everyone, no matter their profession, needs a day to just recharge their batteries. Whether that comes from gaming or doing something else, it really helps with your productivity and your sanity.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 11:32:21 am »
Nothing unhealthy, but there have been times when I take a mental health day to just have time to myself to game and "treat yo' self."

I know that there are extreme stories out there about it being unhealthy.

I’ve taken those “mental health days”. Believe it or not, I’m more productive after I take a day to save the world and decompress a little.

That's true of everyone. Everyone, no matter their profession, needs a day to just recharge their batteries. Whether that comes from gaming or doing something else, it really helps with your productivity and your sanity.

I need a day every now and then with no one else around. I just turn my brain off and play games for a day. Does wonders.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 05:45:51 pm »
Yes when I was younger I used to play gaming 10 to 12 hours a day on days off from school. One time a game made me go into an anxiety attack, the game was Ghost Recon for the PC that may have caused me to feel like I was having a heart attack. It only happened once though.

But as a child and teenager I also used to do gaming marathons one game sequel after another. finish the first game and go onto it's sequel mostly playing the original Doom series, Viet Cong Purple Haze, The Sims, Call Of Duty  Finest Hour, Call Of Duty 2 Big Red One, hours and hours of games like the original the sims series and True Crimes Streets Of LA, Duke Nukem games and a ton of PC and Gamecube and Nintendo 64 playing
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:48:14 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 01:00:29 pm »
More along the lines of money. Not to the point where I am neglecting my bills but more along the lines of I am not saving as much as I would want to.