Author Topic: Upcoming TV Shows  (Read 907 times)

Upcoming TV Shows
« on: October 03, 2018, 10:51:58 pm »
It's actually getting kinda crazy now for tv shows in the works so I thought I'd see about chatting about it all coming...

Lord of the Rings - This was a big one earlier this year I believe, where Amazon is going huge with it.  I'm someone with a love of fantasy stuff and there's really not a lot of good or even alright ones, like I don't hate The Hobbit movies, even if they were problematic in their extension, because they are still good fantasy films, so I have hope for this one.  They want this to be their Game of Thrones in terms of scope and scale.

New Star Trek Series with Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart Returning) - I haven't watched Discovery because I don't have the service, but bringing back such a big popular character for a new go? Star Trek hasn't really been great for years, reboot movies aside, so it'll be interesting how they make this work with a much older Picard.  I know a lot of fans have a problem with how actiony Star Trek has become, but with Picard in the lead, I feel like maybe they want to try and move back towards that earlier Next Generation feel perhaps.  Mildly on board with this right now.

The Mandalorian (Star Wars) - This was just announced, but it's actually one of two live action tv shows in the works.  Jon Favreau is directing which is good and it's not even based on Boba Fett.  No details on this other than Pedro Pascal, Oberyn on Game of Thrones, is rumored for the lead.  I've always wanted more explored of the Mandalorians and of the Fett's, as visually their design is awesome, and just Mandalorians in general have a cool story.  Plus it's the type of Star Wars stuff I want explored more (Which is probably why I like the new Solo movie as much as I do), like the canceled Star Wars 1313 game that was set to explore the underworld of the series more, so I'm pretty hype for this one.

Other Star Wars Show - This one has nothing official, but it has two of the Game of Thrones team working on it I believe.  Can't really have a lot of interest for something I know nothing about.

The Witcher - Adaptations for tv shows has exploded with Game of Thrones success, and with it ending (Prequel aside), studios are rushing to fill the gap.  This will be a fun one to check out as the story setting is pretty cool.  Henry Cavill is set to play Geralt, which probably isn't my first choice, but he isn't a bad actor, so we'll see how that goes.

There's some other book adaptations coming too that I don't know, but these big time tv shows are just exploding right now so it'll make for some interesting watching.

*EDIT*
This isn't in the same vein as the previous ones, but there's a new Harley Quinn cartoon coming and the teaser is actually good and they get real meta by calling out like Deadpool and their own audience and their own live action movies.  It's hilarious how on the nose it is, basically trashing another new TV show on the DC stream service, Titans, which looks like absolute trash. It's just so weird to see them call that out when they are continuing to have the same problems with their stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBvIyGqQYI
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:12:35 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 02:04:35 pm »
All of those are down the line, but I am looking forward to LotR and the Star Trek: TNG sequel series.

Ones actually starting here in a week or so I'm watching: The Flash, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Titans, and The Gifted (already started).

Gotham, Stranger Things, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Doom Patrol, and Timeless I'm all looking forward to, as well, but those start in 2019.

And of course wrestling. WWE isn't what it used to be, but I still follow it as a background show while I'm cooking or doing chores or something.

Oh, and there's supposed to be a history of horror docuseries on AMC that I'm looking forward to. Begins in a couple of weeks. They did a great job on the comic one they did last year.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 02:07:12 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 04:30:43 pm »
I am so, so down for the new Picard show.  I was surprised at how much I like Disco, so my expectations are through the roof

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 06:54:37 pm »
Honestly all I am really looking forward to are season 2 of both the Orville and Castlevania, also probably season 3 of Daredevil... need to actually finish season 2.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:28:53 pm »
They revealed the first image for The Mandalorian.  I like.