Author Topic: Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood [UPDATE]  (Read 2809 times)

mark1982

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/castlevania-requiem-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood-rated-for-ps4-in-korea

"The Korean Game Rating Board has rated Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood for PlayStation 4 (Japanese, English).

While Castlevania publisher Konami has yet to announce such a title, it sounds like a collection including the 1997-released Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and 1993-released Castlevania: Rondo of Blood."

Saw this news a few days ago and didn't see a mention here on this forum so thought I should share :) Seems like Konami is finally doing something with their Castlevania franchise again, but more importantly Rondo is getting a Western Release! ( Outside of Virtual Console that is. And the PSP remake doesn't count since it requires unlocking - which is very cool mind you ). I understand it is only rated for PS4 at the moment, but here's hoping for a Switch version - And do I hope it's a physical release... A collector's box would be nice too because the concept art for Symphony alone is well worth it.

Even though I own and played the originals multiple times one can never get enough of Castlevania. Possibility that Konami release two more versions - A Triple Pack for the GBA titles and one more for the DS titles?

What do you guys think after news like this, possible?

------- UPDATE -------

Well there you have it folks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6QrgmJLm4

PS4 Exclusive - Digital only for $19.99 on 26 Oct 2018

https://www.konami.com/games/castlevania/eu/en/page/history_2018_x_son_rob#menu-top

"Both games are the originals emulated for the PlayStation 4, with several updates that take advantage of the new hardware. This includes 4K/1080p upscaling, multiple high resolution backgrounds, different rendering options such as smoothing and full Trophy support. Word of warning though, that Platinum will be tough to get. Elsewhere, Requiem will make use of the DualShock 4’s vibration, analogue stick and speaker, with the latter meaning you’ll hear a cool little chime when you pick up an item."

These are the details we have so far... Damn, was hoping for a physical release, and on the Switch too. Let's hope this is not set in stone and a physical gets announced in the near future...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:42:55 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

Re: Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood rated for PS4
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 12:46:41 pm »
If they release a Castlevania collection on the PS4 (physically of course) I am going to flip out! Even if it only includes these two titles, I'll be super excited! I think what they should do is release all of them in a compilation or a few compilations. I'd buy all of them.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 12:53:11 pm »
If they release a Castlevania collection on the PS4 (physically of course) I am going to flip out! Even if it only includes these two titles, I'll be super excited! I think what they should do is release all of them in a compilation or a few compilations. I'd buy all of them.

Yeah, that'd definitely be a "shut up and take my money" incident. Symphony of the Night alone would make it worth it.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 01:19:33 pm »
The collection was actually ESRB rated today.

mark1982

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 01:36:16 pm »

Aha, thanks for the update, yup definitely a collection of 2 titles:

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35857&Title=Castlevania+Requiem%3a+Symphony+of+the+Night+%26+Rondo+of+Blood

Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Violence

Rating Summary: This is collection of two action platformers in which players assume the role of a vampire hunter battling Dracula and other creatures. From a side-scrolling perspective, players traverse Dracula's castle to kill fantastical enemies (e.g., zombies, demons, minotaurs). Characters use whips, swords, axes, and magic to defeat enemies. Pixelated blood is depicted when players' character and creatures are killed; some attacks result in decapitation and dismemberment of creatures, including a boss character that loses its body parts and entrails. As players progress, they may encounter female creatures (e.g., harpies, medusa) that have exposed buttocks and are depicted topless, though there are no discernible details (i.e., no nipples).

Gotta get that T-Rating for that Exposed Buttocks!
  l    l 

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 02:11:05 pm »

Aha, thanks for the update, yup definitely a collection of 2 titles:

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35857&Title=Castlevania+Requiem%3a+Symphony+of+the+Night+%26+Rondo+of+Blood

Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Violence

Rating Summary: This is collection of two action platformers in which players assume the role of a vampire hunter battling Dracula and other creatures. From a side-scrolling perspective, players traverse Dracula's castle to kill fantastical enemies (e.g., zombies, demons, minotaurs). Characters use whips, swords, axes, and magic to defeat enemies. Pixelated blood is depicted when players' character and creatures are killed; some attacks result in decapitation and dismemberment of creatures, including a boss character that loses its body parts and entrails. As players progress, they may encounter female creatures (e.g., harpies, medusa) that have exposed buttocks and are depicted topless, though there are no discernible details (i.e., no nipples).

Gotta get that T-Rating for that Exposed Buttocks!

Oh hell yes!

Now, just need to get confirmation that it's physical and I am all over this!

I wish they'd release a bunch of the DS and GBA titles as well. Wouldn't hurt to get 1-4 either.

telly

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 04:41:35 pm »
Funnily enough those are the only two Castlevania games I've played.  :o Would love to see more of them in a collection
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 05:22:39 pm »
Was hoping for a collection of games myself, as I never really played them much at all, but I'll definitely take these two to playthrough.  Maybe we'll still get a collection that has the NES and SNES games in them.

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 06:02:51 pm »
if they would include hard to play titles when your going the original way such as haunted castle the castlevania arcade wich did not really seem to have any physical release aside from the jap ps2 version and  also Harmony of Despair wich was only on xbox and ps3 as a download it might be interesting since otherwise both those titles are available as a download for cheap with the upggraded visuals on multiple online stores if your buying it for the sake of the improved grapics for modern tv's.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:07:04 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pizzasafari

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 10:11:48 pm »
Yeah I saw that, I can't wait man. I haven't played Rondo of Blood as much as I have Dracula X but I'm sure I'll be able to get used to it. And I'll take any excuse to replay Symphony of the Night.

argyle

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 09:41:34 am »
SotN is probably my all-time favorite game, I replay it pretty much yearly. So I'll gladly take a new system for my next playthrough. I'm with everyone else in hoping that it's physical, but I'm not gonna lie, I'll get it regardless. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 11:06:16 am »
For the love of Pete!  Can we please get this on the Switch?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 08:42:16 am »
October 26th?  Has anyone seen a price?

kashell

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 08:49:32 am »
So soon? Damn. This year is quite lovely for us gamers.

mark1982

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 11:00:31 am »
Well there you have it folks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6QrgmJLm4

PS4 Exclusive - Digital only for $19.99 on 26 Oct 2018

https://www.konami.com/games/castlevania/eu/en/page/history_2018_x_son_rob#menu-top

"Both games are the originals emulated for the PlayStation 4, with several updates that take advantage of the new hardware. This includes 4K/1080p upscaling, multiple high resolution backgrounds, different rendering options such as smoothing and full Trophy support. Word of warning though, that Platinum will be tough to get. Elsewhere, Requiem will make use of the DualShock 4’s vibration, analogue stick and speaker, with the latter meaning you’ll hear a cool little chime when you pick up an item."

These are the details we have so far... Damn, was hoping for a physical release, and on the Switch too. Let's hope this is not set in stone and a physical gets announced in the near future...

Updated the Original Post as well
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:43:12 am by mark1982 »
  l    l