Author Topic: Just a Friendly Reminder for all those with large collections  (Read 4497 times)

pizzasafari

Re: Just a Friendly Reminder for all those with large collections
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2018, 04:19:09 pm »
Snip

Oh the quote was because I was originally just reposting what you posted and I added in the edit after as a question to anyone reading it. My bad.

Thanks though, that makes sense.

kypherion

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 11:50:38 pm »
The plight of the materialistic.
A) Fuck you, man.  Try plight of the person whose house burned down.

B) When I bought my home and got insurance I specifically asked about my games.  I was told that the general policy covered them, but everyone should definitely double check your policies.  Or if you don’t have insurance look into it!  It could save your from financial ruin.

High key legitimately looking for Cartagia on every post involving seether to comment
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2018, 12:01:22 pm »

Seether pls, stop trying to be edgy

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2018, 12:03:35 pm »
While have taken photos in the past for selling purposes and then seeing what happen to this poor fella, I may have to consider making an archive of what I have. Obviously I have this site to list off but photographic is always useful.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2018, 10:31:41 am »
the guy just lost everything he owned and you can't show any sympathy? Little more class please.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:39:47 am by wartoy »

desocietas

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2018, 11:27:27 pm »
Ooof, I gotta remember to take pictures of my collection regularly :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2018, 05:05:28 am »
Folks, depending on your policy, insurance company, and size of your collection you may need to contact them to make sure it’s explicitly covered.

I have State Farm for everything and they’ve taken good care of me.

When I mentioned I had a collection they asked if it was over $5,000 worth of stuff.

I said yes (I have one Pinball machine alone that’s worth 10k) they said I should catalog my collection complete with pictures clearly showing it’s mine (I.e. me or unmistakable photos of it physically in my home are in the shot). Also, I need to insure the collection as an add-on to my standard policy.

If you don’t insure your collection specifically for its value, most policies have an upper limit of how much “media” (movies, games, etc.) they will cover. Most of your insurance is intended to cover the home itself, furniture, standard belongings.

Some of our collections are way beyond standard belongings in size and value.

Talk to your agent before you need to.

Fires can happen, water heaters can burst, etc.

Best case, you find out you are already covered. But certainly don’t just assume you are.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:08:17 am by dashv »