Author Topic: MBTI  (Read 1535 times)

pizzasafari

MBTI
« on: September 30, 2018, 05:06:56 pm »
This is something I'm really interested in, so I was just curious if you guys know what your MBTI types are?
I'm an INFP myself.

(If you don't know your type/don't know what it is and you want to know there are a fair few tests you can take, but bear in mind the tests are known for being pretty crappy and inaccurate so if you're genuinely interested in your type it's best to try and work out your type yourself at some point. Here's the test I used way back. Then here's some very condensed videos with basic info on the types, but there's a lot more on google if you're interested.)

shfan

Re: MBTI
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 05:53:06 pm »
INFP.. these tests always seem to draw most of their 'results' from whether you're sociable or not.. although it's certainly right about the vivid internal landscape and funnily enough I was interested in pursuing a career in counselling - though that's been knocked on the head as there's zero employment opportunities in it.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 07:12:57 pm »
INTJ

pizzasafari

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 08:38:48 pm »
INFP.. these tests always seem to draw most of their 'results' from whether you're sociable or not.. although it's certainly right about the vivid internal landscape and funnily enough I was interested in pursuing a career in counselling - though that's been knocked on the head as there's zero employment opportunities in it.

There's a lot more to it with MBTI, it's based on Jungian psychology and he's the granddaddy of psychology. It looks at which cognitive functions you prefer and how that affects your personality. The tests themselves are pretty terrible though, and they do ask misleading questions. I always suggest to people interested in MBTI that they learn what the functions mean and work out that way what their type is rather than paying attention to their test result. Being INFP would mean your brain prefers to use Introverted Feeling and Extraverted Intuition, which in very very very brief are the functions that deal with your own feelings and principles, and finding different ways of looking at/understanding things, respectively. You make decisions with your own feelings/principles and take in information by exploring information you're presented with and looking at it in different ways. But there's much much more to them than that, just giving a very condensed version.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:45:19 pm by pizzasafari »

stealthrush

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 09:33:14 pm »
INTJ.

I was into the whole Myers–Briggs Type Indicator, along side other tests such as SLOAN (Global 5) and others several years ago in my early twenties.

shfan

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 04:42:30 am »
There's a lot more to it with MBTI, it's based on Jungian psychology and he's the granddaddy of psychology.

*Jordan Peterson sense tingling* I have a sudden urge to clean my house and grow the hell up. *Level Up*

I'll take a proper look at it, knowing it's derived from Jung's work makes it a lot more interesting :D Thanks for bringing this up.

pizzasafari

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 07:36:07 am »
*Jordan Peterson sense tingling* I have a sudden urge to clean my house and grow the hell up. *Level Up*

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 10:23:02 am »
I've taken this test before twice. Once in 2005 and then again in 2016 and both times got ENTJ (The Commander) result.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 12:54:16 pm »
I got INFJ. Kinda felt like reading a horoscope. Interesting test.

kypherion

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 04:10:32 pm »
INTP
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 06:58:36 pm »

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 01:59:50 am »
I always get INTJ or INTP when i take that test. Can't make my mind up of which one is more correct. Nice to see lots o' people here with my same type though.