Author Topic: Country Code ending with EUY (Switch - Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate)  (Read 1569 times)

Hi,

I have Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate with a country code ending with EUY. Never seen that before, does anybody know if this is just the EU version? There is german, french and italian on the back of the box, but no english.

thx

There are some new codes on Switch, like POL for Poland for example. I think that EUY is also new for releases for Germany, France and Italy. You can make a new entry titled "Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate [DE][FR][IT]"

But there is a German version with USK logo and only German Boxtext.

So it would be for Austria, Switzerland, France and Italy? I'm just trying to find out if there is a simple "EU" version or the EUY version is simply the "european" version for this title

tripredacus

EUY is not new for Switch, it had appeared on DS and 3DS carts before.

It is not for Italy. Italian version of this game has UXP on the box with yellow triangle, and of course the hologram label you expect to see on any Italian game.
It is not for France. French version has FRA on the box with purple triangle, and the required "Attention" red notice on the packaging that is required for any game sold in France.

If the one you have is PEGI rated with no USK, then we know it is not for Germany.
German release has the USK on front, GER on back and the blue triangle.

So at the least, you can put [AT] for Austria. It seems across the board that any game with German text that is not the German release is actually for Austria.

If you can post a picture of the back of it, perhaps we can determine more.

I will scan the back later. I think it is Austria and Switzerland because it is an Austrian Gameshop but normally the Code for those versions is "GEP" and then there is only German on the back on the box.

here is the scan for the game

https://imgur.com/a/LQOGtZw

Flashback2012

Shows EN, DE, FR, IT, ES next to the barcode. English, Deutsche, French, Italian and...Estonian?   ???

ES = Spain, but that doesn't help because that tells us in which languages you can play the game. For my UK Crash Bandicoot it says EN, DE, FR, ES, IT and JA so how does that help us to define which country version it is?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Because it is no country code.

This is a game spread out to the smaller country's. In the biggest country languages which alot of smaller country also can speak because they live next to them. So western Europe.

This is a game spread out to the smaller country's. In the biggest country languages which alot of smaller country also can speak because they live next to them. So western Europe.

But what is the difference between EU ans EUY versions? Does anybody know if there is an EU version for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate? Does anybody knows other games with EUY maybe we can compare

fazerco

PRO Supporter

But what is the difference between EU ans EUY versions? Does anybody know if there is an EU version for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate? Does anybody knows other games with EUY maybe we can compare

So you want to know the difference between something you know exsists, and something you dont know if it exsists?

tripredacus

It is the color triangles on the package that determine the sales region for Nintendo games. Purple, as it on this game, is the general Europe color. Other colors are like so:

Yellow: English versions not for sale in UK
Green: UK
Blue: Germany or NOE
Red/Magenta: France
Orange: Netherlands or FAH
Pink: Spain

etc... those are the big ones, but even Nintendo says they have at least 49 different color codes, at least in 2007. Now we do not have any up to date information on the triangles since then and it has been 11 years now. But we already knew since then that Nintendo has different EU (purple triangle) releases in the overall region, and they typically would have "EUR" code on them. And it seems Nintendo does not use a unique color triangle for some of these such as the one that is sold in Austria and we could potentially have more than 1 different release with the Purple triangle.

The [AT][CH] arrangement is in our database quite a bit and that may well be fine for the entry for this version of MH. When you add it this way, make sure to put in the EAN and the item number from the box, and in the description put which languages are on the back of the box.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Thats why i said Western Europe, there is also Eastern Europe. Google them for more details.