Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Odyssey  (Read 831 times)

argyle

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
« on: October 02, 2018, 01:21:48 pm »
So I've been really looking forward to this game, and it's been getting great reviews so far. I had the Gamestop-exclusive "collector's edition" preordered and went over on my lunch break today to pick it up. Except the reason for the quotes there is...it's NOT a real collector's edition. They ring up the Steelbook version of the game, then they ring up the statue and the system bundles them together. Truth be told, I was afraid this might be the case when, after getting close to release, I still couldn't find any pictures of the Gamestop set AND the contents listed were missing other basic things from the real CE. But I was still pretty disappointed. Just canceled it and downgraded to the regular edition.

On the bright side, used the credit I saved to pay off Salt & Sanctuary and Darksiders III, so that's something. 

Just thought I'd give everyone else a heads up on what to expect with this set.  And of course we can discuss the game in general here as well once ppl start playing it. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 04:50:13 pm »
Oof, that sucks...

Did a little internet-ting and found the cached version on the left and the current listing on the right :(

I feel like that's a bait-and-switch for sure.

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 05:15:05 pm »
Yeah that's abit sleazy, but good to hear the game doing well.  Seems like they've been really working to improve the series with this one and the last one.  I personally never liked the series all that much, AC3 was pretty poor, and while I liked Black Flag, I never stuck with it and only dabbled with Rogue.  Rented Origins, but only played for like an hour or two as I wasn't really feeling like getting invested in it.  I'm actually kinda interested in Odyssey, mostly because it seems like they took out the stuff I care least about, which is basically the whole Assassin's vs Templar's thing, along with the modern day stuff (I don't know if they removed it for Odyssey).  Though I like that it seems that any possible mythical creatures shown in like the Medusa are justfied by being creations of the first people that created humanity.

Also heard the combat was improved, which is even better as the combat was never super great for the series.