Author Topic: Memorable and Unmemorable Levels/Stages In Games  (Read 716 times)

Memorable and Unmemorable Levels/Stages In Games
« on: October 12, 2018, 05:11:57 pm »
I am not sure if video games have levels or stages in modern gaming but, we could at least talk about retro video game levels. :)
In levels I mean stages, not referring to leveling up on skill.
In unmemorable I do mean the level or stages that are boring, or bad level design, or just too hard to really care about.

I don't really care about "Halo: Combat Evolved", I need to beat it, but the CPU is making that game impossible because, the enemy keeps taking the vehicles needed to progress in the last half of that game, and I keep needing to shoot down the aircraft needed to progress with no way to repair damaged or destroyed aircraft.  in my opinion they have bad level design and unmemorable at stages in that last part of that game. In 2 stages I think the only color they used is the color of blue.

In a memorable level in Duke Nukem 3D is called "Lunar Reactor" in the second episode where it plays my favorite Duke Nukem 3D for PC  midi tune called "Alienz", while you are set out to destroy the earth moons reactor there is also has many bosses in that level depending of your difficulty setting there is more bosses on high difficulty.

What are some of your memorable and unmemorable levels or game stages, in levels I mean stages not leveling up. :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Agozer

Re: Memorable and Unmemorable Levels/Stages In Games
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 07:31:52 pm »
One my most memorable levels are in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, namely The World That Never Was and the Cavern of Remembrance.
Also, the Copied City in NieR:Automata; too bad the level itself is so short.

Most sewer levels are in my unmemorable list, mainly because oftentimes the level design is maze-like, and the color palette is either drab, too dark, or both.