Author Topic: Games That Have Special Unlocks/Features Only When Cheats Are Used Thread  (Read 661 times)

Some video games have unlocks when using special codes not used specifically for cheating but for unlocking certain secrets within the game itself. For example I need to enter a cheat code into my The Sims 3 game in order to be able to build certain kinds of structures and parks that you only can do that through entering at least 2 cheat codes. The game don't let you have access to all the build and buy features the game has to offer. unless, you enter this code unto a command prompt you need to access by pressing CTRL & SHIFT & C keys on the PC keyboard and typing a build cheat

(the sims 3 cheats for PC only)
https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/cheats.php
(to enabled most hidden features in the Sims 3 for PC)
"testingcheatsenabled true"
than after that type
"buydebug on"

"True Crimes Streets Of LA"  has hidden playable characters as a good example on GameCube, PlayStation 2 and also Old Xbox

PS2 Only cheats for "True Crimes Streets Of LA"

there is a special code to play as Snoop Dogg the Rapper
(list of cheats both to cheat and to unlock)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/561383-true-crime-streets-of-la/cheats

Can you think and post of a game that has special cheats in order to enhance the game experience?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:56:50 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tcxs

Tenchu Stealth Assasins for PS1 had a lot features with the Debug secret code.
Wherever, Whenever, Forever.
(September 9, 1995)

One of my favorite examples when I was younger was Star Wars Rogue Squadron. You could replace one of the ships with a 1969 Buick Electra and fly it around. Play a test level as a AT-ST walker. And what was probably most interesting was that you could even unlock a Naboo Starfighter. Which was interesting because the game came out over 5 months before episode one came out.

The Age of Empires games had some funny war units you could unlock via cheats as well. My favorites came out of Age of Mythology.  Flying Purple Hippo: A rather large flying hippo with a top hat that shoots hearts at enemies. As it flew a rainbow was left in it's path.  Lazer Bear: A black bear wearing a Canadian flag cape. While it did shoot lasers from it's eyes it could also attack by hitting it's target with two monkeys. This is probably the single most ridiculous, out of context thing I've ever seen in a strategy game.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:13:44 pm by badATchaos »