Author Topic: xbox 360 s don't see 500GB hdd  (Read 1796 times)

xbox 360 s don't see 500GB hdd
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:00:36 pm »
Hi i buy xbox 360 s and 500GB hdd xbox work perfectly butt can't see hdd (hdd buyeed in poland cex they check hardware before buy) and im kinda stuck why me xbox don't see hdd and how to fix this

Re: xbox 360 s don't see 500GB hdd
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 04:57:48 pm »
External hard drives for the 360 are not plug and play, they need to be formatted into a 360 drive.

After plugging in the hard drive,  go to system settings.  Under the my Xbox category there should be an option to format a storage device. Keep in mind that unless you partitioned the drive beforehand, you will not be able to use the drive for any other purpose.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:33:18 pm »
 OR

in order for your Xbox360 to detect your hard drive needs to be formatted the correct way and have

Windows FAT32 file system format. or it will not even detect it on both external and internal hard drives. In short you may need a special, free, or costly program. in order to convert the hard drive into FAT32 Format if you have Windows 10 on your PC/computer but if your computer has windows 7 or sooner like XP you shouldn't need a special program

there is a command prompt hack for formatting FAT32 in windows 10 but I forgot how sorry :(

if you got windows 7 or sooner than, plug in your hard drive into your PC than, right click on the external hard drive, than click format . Please note this option is not available in windows 10
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:46:30 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 11:13:03 pm »
i formated hdd to fat 32 using win7 but plug hdd in his port and xbox dont see him if i try usb then i get undetificated usb mass memory but fail if i try to format today im gona
give it back for guarantees still thanks for try (and sorry for me english mid of the night and hurry never help)

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 12:01:32 pm »
hdd was dead problem fix they order new one for me

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 12:53:27 pm »
Listen to  emporerdragon as well because I think he or she also knows the way

External hard drives for the 360 are not plug and play, they need to be formatted into a 360 drive.

After plugging in the hard drive,  go to system settings.  Under the my Xbox category there should be an option to format a storage device. Keep in mind that unless you partitioned the drive beforehand, you will not be able to use the drive for any other purpose.

you may need to update your Xbox360 console itself, but you need to first connect it to the internet, sorry to say but it is better for you goggle, how you can do this because, that way it may tell you in your own language.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:57:58 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 09:45:18 am »
software of me xbox 360 is new this isn't a problem some idiot use strong magnes and kill 50% of hdd in store laptops hdd pc hdd xbox hdd etc