Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 2895 times)

Suggestions
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:10:33 am »
This project is awesome, i was searching for several hours something like this, and is near for be perfect!, i hope you continue this.

I pray for this 3 options:

Thumbnails view
Screenshots available
Option for view the collection like genre

And i suggest this others:

Multiplayer number field
Some options for mark on the collection like "Game finished", "Wish or owned"
Make alliance with some page for use he data base like moby games.

Thank's for all

Saludos desde México!

matt

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:23:24 am »
Welcome to the site and thanks for the kind words! Let me address a few of your suggestions.

1. What exactly do you mean by "thumbnail view"? What I'd like to do is make a few other "view" options available. I'll be introducing a few ideas soon.
2. We will eventually expand the database to contain screenshots and other data.
3. We will also eventually allow users to have multiple lists so you'll be able to create a wishlist.

Thanks again and greetings from cold, cold Michigan. Send some warmth our way.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:15:53 pm »
How hard would it be to add an "In Collection" field for games when using browse?

darko

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 04:50:41 pm »
I'm hoping that you'll include the option to view a still (larger) image of the thumbnails that rotate in the game info pages.

matt

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:23:33 pm »
> @darko
> I'm hoping that you'll include the option to view a still (larger) image of the thumbnails that rotate in the game info pages.

I'm saving the images behind the scenes but as of yet am not doing anything with them. I'll push out this update shortly. Unfortunately I put it in place a few weeks back so we won't have all of the larger images but from here on out we'll be cool.

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:56:52 pm »
I just thought of something, while posting in that topic about NES shelving.... how about a section in the collection page to upload pictures of our setup/collection?

matt

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:22:39 am »
@jobocon Once we move to a larger server I'll add this.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 05:20:27 pm »
I too would love to see that wishlist option. It would be cool to see who's wishing for certain games on your own collection page, could facilitate some easy trading.

matt

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 08:15:18 pm »
I've been brainstorming lately exactly how to implement this without messing up the simplicity and flow of the site and can't come up with any good ideas. I want to add wishlists and the ability to flag a game as "willing to sell/trade" so that way we can eventually match buyers and sellers.

Thoughts and suggestions? I'm open to just brainstorming with you guys and hopefully landing on the best method.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 01:22:22 pm »
So you'll be adding a feature to specify whether we've completed a game or not? Perhaps "Complete Main Game" and "Completed 100%" to differentiate from completing the main quest and doing EVERYTHING. Because to be honest, keeping track of the games I have completed, and those I want to complete, is my number one reason for using this site. It's awesome so far though. Keep it up.

Edit: Also, are we considering Xbox Live Indie Games to be Xbox Live Arcade Games? I think indie games should have their separate category.

matt

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 02:49:52 pm »
So you'll be adding a feature to specify whether we've completed a game or not? Perhaps "Complete Main Game" and "Completed 100%" to differentiate from completing the main quest and doing EVERYTHING.

The main goal of the site is always going to be tracking collections, so all features will be geared towards collecting. That being said, the notes field was added so users could submit anything they wanted. You could easily use this field to track your completion. I'm eventually going to allow you to sort by this field as well so that'll probably help out.

Edit: Also, are we considering Xbox Live Indie Games to be Xbox Live Arcade Games? I think indie games should have their separate category.

I agree. I'll get this added.

Thanks!

matt

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 11:22:56 am »
@mantis

I've added the new Xbox Live Indie Games category.

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 11:57:23 pm »
Would it be possible to add [EU] to PC?

Thanks.

matt

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 12:11:06 am »
Would it be possible to add [EU] to PC?

Thanks.

Definitely. I'll get that added right away.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 10:54:43 am »
Thanks for adding my suggestion. :D