Author Topic: is this to much for a game genie  (Read 1640 times)

htimreimer

is this to much for a game genie
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:17:48 am »

Re: is this to much for a game genie
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:21:46 am »
Shit yeah that's too much. Game genies are not hard to come by at all.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:53:21 am »
I am not sure, you could search completed auctions on Ebay to see.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:18:22 pm »
A good hint I like to give... If it's on ebay, it's probably too expensive. It's not true for everything, but for games it generally is.
And yeah, this is way too expensive even for a boxed one.

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 01:26:33 pm »
@jobocan: Good point. Almost everything I've purchased on eBay, I've either wanted from Japan or Europe and was willing to pay the inflation of eBay, or I found it by browsing when somebody misspelled something great. (Example, paid like $40 for my CD-i and all the games because they spelled Philips wrong.)

All these "Is this too much?" or "How much is this worth?" posts: If you think it might be too much, don't even bother asking. It's probably too much. Do a little research, use Google Shopping, use http://videogames.pricecharting.com/ or see if you can find a site for that specific system rather than just posting every item. Then just post the ones that are super off-the-wall.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 01:45:34 pm »
use http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

This, definitely. This is probably the best gaming price guide on the internet right now that I know of. Anything that's worthless is marked as such (for example, 87 cents for 10-Yard Fight is probably the most you should pay for it) and valuable games are also marked as such. It tends to follow the market really closely, actually taking into account recent sales and such. Very solid price guide.

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 02:20:19 am »
1. That is way to much for a Game Genie.

2. I have bought fromn that guy before, I wouldn't reccomend it.  He doesn't package his stuff very well.  I guarantee you that he will just slap a shipping label on the Game Genie box itself and that would be the end of it. 

I bought a Sega Genesis model one A/V cable form him.  He put the cable in a PSP UMD Blister Pack taped it up and shipped it.  No box, no bubble mailer, and it took six weeks to arrive because it got lost. 

AVOID THAT GUY.

darko

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 12:29:31 am »
I completely forgot about that site. Thanks for reminding me!

AND if you want a used game genie without the box I'll sell you one for half that, which is still too high.