Author Topic: How Well Do You Handle Speed In Video Games  (Read 1260 times)

How Well Do You Handle Speed In Video Games
« on: October 20, 2018, 11:58:59 pm »
Speed on a console game gives me a mushy head and a major migraine (brain fog), it is one of my many weakness in video gaming. Some video games can be so fast you can't blink your eyes or take you hand off the controller to win. I really don't know how so many people can grind so hard and so fast for any length of time. I can handle speed for about 10 minutes high on extreme caffeine. But Racing games I used to do most of them, it's mostly sports games that require quick thinking and precise button pressing.

It's no fun having brain fog when you want to play a game. it's a mental disorder and it is the reason why I stoped buying video games, being unable to play anything for long periods of time unless it's a severely casual video game
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:02:11 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: How Well Do You Handle Speed In Video Games
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 12:03:19 am »
I feel like speed in video games in very relative. A game like Gran Turismo makes the cars look like  their going 30mph when they're actually going 100, but a game like Extreme G makes you actually feel like you're going 300mph. Either way it doesn't bother me.

mark1982

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:53:04 am »
Pretty well actually, no problems here. Was playing Wipeout XL on the PS1 the other day, awesome game as I remembered.

Recently was playing Ace Combat on the PSP, thought I was gonna get dizzy before I started, but seemed fine even after flying upside down at high speeds. So all good.
  l    l 

Agozer

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 03:26:22 pm »
Being a huge Wipeout fan as well, I have no issues with speed. However, I think that my reflexes have never been the best, so I have some problems with games that require split-second decisions or considerable finger dexterity.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 04:31:55 pm »
I do fine with the likes of Fast Racing Neo and F-Zero. The only game that has ever given me motion sickness is LEGO Racers for some reason. Just the way the backgrounds move or something.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

kypherion

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 11:08:31 am »
I've always been fine. I love speeding in F-Zero: Climax at 1999 Km/h
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 08:49:12 pm »
I play COD at a semi competitive level.  A fraction of a second of hesitation is life and death with those types of games so speed is essentially 100 percent of it and it really does put a major stress on your hair trigger reflexes.   I find it as a adrenaline rush and exhillerating when someone zooms by you and you have to spin so quick and lock on with the fear of a bullet going into your back.  It's blood pumping fun.  :)

For more the typical idea of speed like Aeero (Rythm racing game)  F Zero,  Forza and stuff.   I love those too.  I just love being pushed into having to be fast and keeping the pace up without error.  It's one of my favorites if it's done right. 

I easily get lost in colors and shapes.  Like Guitar Hero, Aeero or Any game with bright colors that move fast.  I get happy.

But I think you might suffer from motion sickness. My friend had motion sickness.  He can't play anything that rapidly moves, changes direction, inverts the camera or makes you feel like you are moving fast.  It disorientates him,  makes him dizzy, sick and have a headache.  It's actually common I think :)

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 11:41:22 am »
I would play Doom on the 32X for hours every day during the summer of 1996.  I would always get migraines and thought that it was due to the summer heat. 

Few years later I went with my cousins to a PC gaming place to play Counter Strike.  Ended up with a migraine.  Afterwards while in the drive thru of Jack In The Box I had to get out of the car to vomit.

I bought Call Of Duty: World At War for the Wii.  I stopped playing after I felt like I was going to get a migraine.

Not too long ago I went on YouTube to watch a longplay of the 32X version of Doom on my phone.  I stopped watching because I felt a migraine coming.

FPS games mess me up, yet I don't get bothered at all by SHMUPs, rail shooters, and flying/driving simulators.

pizzasafari

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 05:21:07 pm »
The only game/s in which I have a problem with speed is the Sonic games, the originals more so. I have absolutely no idea how everyone seems to be able to play those games without any problems. You need to know the levels inside and out in order to not be fucked up by obstacles you had no chance to react to.

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 09:38:22 pm »
PARTIAL QUOTE FROM ronchichio ABOUT CALL OF DUTY FOR THE WII AND MENTIONED SICKNESS

I bought Call Of Duty: World At War for the Wii.  I stopped playing after I felt like I was going to get a migraine.

Not too long ago I went on YouTube to watch a longplay of the 32X version of Doom on my phone.  I stopped watching because I felt a migraine coming.

FPS games mess me up, yet I don't get bothered at all by SHMUPs, rail shooters, and flying/driving simulators.

Any Call Of Duty Wii game played with the wii remote and even with the plastic gun is extremely hard on more then just my head. My dad used to be able to play Call Of Duty for the Wii just fine. but it always used to hurt my arms and just plain frustrate me. given the fact that you have to deal with motion controls as part of the first person character movement. You need to learn to use the Wii remote buttons, to walk forward and the motion controls are how you turn your character and also aim. It is only easier for me if I am standing up and on a huge screen television. but even that is hard.

Did anyone know that they actually had online competitions for Call Of Duty on the Wii, and with motion censer control in all? :o
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:40:48 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"