Author Topic: Do You Own a Dreamcast? What Game Drew You In?  (Read 4194 times)

mark1982

Re: Do You Own a Dreamcast? What Game Drew You In?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 11:34:43 am »
Yep, It was my Street Fighter III: Double Impact machine. That's all I ever played on it to be honest, but the amount of hours I put into that game... when I think back, it's pretty scary, heh.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:42:00 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

Flashback2012

Re: Do You Own a Dreamcast? What Game Drew You In?
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 08:10:24 pm »
I was working for Funcoland when the system launched on 9/9/99. I had pre-ordered it and also got to work the midnight launch. I remember my final bill came up to like $450 and some change after buying the system, a VMU, some games and for some odd reason Final Fantasy XIII with the Game Informer made strategy guide. I remember at the time it was one of the largest amounts of money I had ever spent at one time and how it took me months of saving between two jobs to have the funds available. Weird to think about now considering my monthly credit card bill is about that much or more.  :o

I'm pretty sure the three titles I snapped up at launch were Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur and Power Stone. The memory is a bit fuzzy.  :P Even though I was a mid 20-something with two jobs when it came out, I had plenty of time for gaming and I remember sinking hours into those games. Picked up Marvel vs. Capcom, King of Fighters, and RE: Code Veronica not long after and spent quite a bit of time on all of them as well.  ;)

There was one game I played the hell out of in the arcades that I never did get around to picking up on the DC and that was Crazy Taxi.