Author Topic: doom 3 or doom 3 BFG what better  (Read 1766 times)

doom 3 or doom 3 BFG what better
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:03:47 am »
Like in a subject what version of doom 3 is better for you i more like old doom 3

Re: doom 3 or doom 3 BFG what better
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 06:53:29 pm »
Te BFG version I was told on the PC at least is a fake version of Doom 3. That included, all the Doom 3 expansion packs plus, original "Ultimate Doom" and "Doom 2", (all in one) I used to play Doom 3 BFG edition on the PC but I never played it through because I never really liked it as much as the original Doom series mainly because Doom 3 didn't really fit the doom story line.

This is a hard one mainly because the Doom BFG edition gives you more for your money, then the regular Doom 3 but, but Doom 3 BFG edition I was told is only a fake copy of Doom 3 made by the makers of Steam so I am current undecided of which is better :-\

because I never played the original version of Doom 3 only the BFG version.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 06:57:20 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kevininja

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 12:55:53 am »
Te BFG version I was told on the PC at least is a fake version of Doom 3. That included, all the Doom 3 expansion packs plus, original "Ultimate Doom" and "Doom 2", (all in one) I used to play Doom 3 BFG edition on the PC but I never played it through because I never really liked it as much as the original Doom series mainly because Doom 3 didn't really fit the doom story line.

This is a hard one mainly because the Doom BFG edition gives you more for your money, then the regular Doom 3 but, but Doom 3 BFG edition I was told is only a fake copy of Doom 3 made by the makers of Steam so I am current undecided of which is better :-\

It's not a fake copy by the makers of Steam, where did you even get that from? It's made by id Software, same developers that did the original Doom 3.

BinaryMessiah

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 01:34:18 am »

Check your facts bro, don't spread rumors. Valve would never do this. The PC version is just really buggy and the consoles versions are better on that front. Check your facts before posting something like this. It was published for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 by Bethesda.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 03:03:38 am »

Check your facts bro, don't spread rumors. Valve would never do this. The PC version is just really buggy and the consoles versions are better on that front. Check your facts before posting something like this. It was published for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 by Bethesda.

It's not a fake copy by the makers of Steam, where did you even get that from? It's made by id Software, same developers that did the original Doom 3.

It's something I heard on a different forum and I believed it ok? Anyway I did like the game and I got it from steam. But the BFG version of Ultimate Doom did have an object in front of a switch on one of the levels making one level called "Fear" impossible. but my other older copy of Ultimate Doom didn't have the object in front of a switch

Another one of my Steam games called Wolfenstein 3D had a key that was moved to an impossible area of entry in episode 4 and the original Wolfenstein 3D didn't have the same problem. yet had the same map. I'm not sure why

But I could have been hacked because people hacked me for over 10 years and pulled pranks on my apps for many times
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 03:14:56 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kevininja

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 04:51:56 am »

It's something I heard on a different forum and I believed it ok? Anyway I did like the game and I got it from steam. But the BFG version of Ultimate Doom did have an object in front of a switch on one of the levels making one level called "Fear" impossible. but my other older copy of Ultimate Doom didn't have the object in front of a switch

Another one of my Steam games called Wolfenstein 3D had a key that was moved to an impossible area of entry in episode 4 and the original Wolfenstein 3D didn't have the same problem. yet had the same map. I'm not sure why

But I could have been hacked because people hacked me for over 10 years and pulled pranks on my apps for many times

No worries man, I was just genuinely curious. Sorry if my comment sounded aggressive.

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 04:58:48 am »
wow i triger some interesting events here for me bfg is to easy witch guns and flashligt on this same time but that wow also on xbox collection edition (cheap) you have doom 1 and 2 boutch playable from the start so bfg don'd do that first
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:00:47 am by wrk40 »

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 05:03:52 am »

No worries man, I was just genuinely curious. Sorry if my comment sounded aggressive.

Your fine I know how it is these days lies all over the internet, It's hard to trust anyone, but you can trust me :)

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 05:12:52 am »
wow i triger some interesting events here for me bfg is to easy witch guns and flashligt on this same time but that wow also on xbox collection edition (cheap) you have doom 1 and 2 boutch playable from the start so bfg don'd do that first

Don't worry just keep posting, don't mind us  :). Steam does weird things to my computer, but not everyone is having issues either that or their not talking about it, my windows OS starts freezing
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:20:13 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 09:50:27 am »

Hey Seether! Or is that you Lordscott? I'll need a calendar with when you plan on expressing your various online alter egos.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 09:51:39 am »
I only played Doom 2 from the BFG edition, but I really didn't notice any different from the original PC version other than the ungraded resolution. I have heard people say bad things about the BFG edition, but never heard specifically why they had a problem with it.

azure

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 10:05:45 am »
Both have their ups and downs. I'd go either way, with mods especially.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 09:02:37 am »
The biggest issue most people have with the BFG is you no longer have to switch from flashlight to your weapon. This makes for a much faster, more traditional DOOM experience. the benefits are that the BFG edition comes with all the extras also. New and added bonus, 4k with Xbox One X BC, if you have a One X and your old 360 disc.

Personally I still play the original Xbox DOOM 3. The need to switch between flashlight and weapon slows down th egameplay and gives you that proto-Dead Space feel. It's a less traditional DOOM experience, but with 2016 out now, there's really no need to hold a grudge. It can be enjoyed on its own merits. The PC original DOOM 3 is likely the best route, as the original Xbox version had some stuff cut to make it work with less horsepower.