Author Topic: CD's, Vinyl (etc) Music Collectors Unite  (Read 19212 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: CD's, Vinyl (etc) Music Collectors Unite
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2019, 05:51:58 pm »
Picked up more albums from the place that's closing final trip I'm making there was today since they close for good tomorrow.

Leaves' Eyes- King of Kings
Portrait- Burn the World
Ayreon Universe- Best of Ayreon Live
Gus G-Fearless (already have this one but since it was still there and it's one of my favorite albums seemed like a fitting last pickup from The Record Store)

Also grabbed a few Comics from there and I will post those in the comic thread

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2019, 06:37:41 pm »
Picked up more albums from the place that's closing final trip I'm making there was today since they close for good tomorrow.

Leaves' Eyes- King of Kings
Portrait- Burn the World
Ayreon Universe- Best of Ayreon Live
Gus G-Fearless (already have this one but since it was still there and it's one of my favorite albums seemed like a fitting last pickup from The Record Store)

Also grabbed a few Comics from there and I will post those in the comic thread

Sorry to hear that your local record shop is now closed for good :(

Luckly you can still buy a ton of music new and cheaply off www.walmart.com,, at Walmart you can get a lot of good pop and rock as well as metal music cheaply going usually for US$5 (new) or more a piece. plus free shipping if you buy more then US$35 worth of merchandise  as of date of this post
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:40:14 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 11:28:34 am »

Luckly you can still buy a ton of music new and cheaply off www.walmart.com,, at Walmart you can get a lot of good pop and rock as well as metal music cheaply going usually for US$5 (new) or more a piece. plus free shipping if you buy more then US$35 worth of merchandise  as of date of this post

Walmart only really carries albums that are churned out as shitty reissues/remasters, and cost nothing to make. Helping independent stores is infinitely more meaningful to everyone involved in the making/distribution of the music than buying from a shitty corp like Walmart

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 02:09:46 pm »

Walmart only really carries albums that are churned out as shitty reissues/remasters, and cost nothing to make. Helping independent stores is infinitely more meaningful to everyone involved in the making/distribution of the music than buying from a shitty corp like Walmart

Some record stores I've been too in the past charge US$16 for CD's a piece or higher for all new CD's.

used record shops that sell CD's at least the ones I've been to. Are a little more reasonable but for me, the most reasonable prices have been the local flea market and Walmart as well as Big Lots.

But some of the Big Lots CD's may or may not have computer viruses in them. Designed to infect most likely Windows operating systems. I've had a CD greatest hits compilation refuse to RIP and it played with my disc drive, I assumed it was an infected disc or perhaps had software preventing it from ripping although I bypassed it, but later deleted the songs in fear of a computer virus.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:12:08 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 03:14:26 pm »
I mostly bought used CDs which outside of special collections were mostly $2-5 from the Record Store only buying new maybe twice all of the times I was there. The #1 reason I don't buy CDs from Walmart is because a hell of a lot of what they have if they have what I want is censored.

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2019, 06:25:05 am »
How many more of you guys collect physical music? Right now and for years now is/was the best time ever for music CD's. Because most of them are really cheap new and used, but I think they are on slowly on the rise in price for the new releases as well as some of the older music. Walmart seem and Big Lots seems to be the least expensive for the most part as least some of their CD's are $5 USD

Music I feel will rise in price especially Vinyls, collecting new Vinyls a piece (today) as of this post, can cost you as much as 2 expensive CD's at a new record store. like $20 USD sometimes it cost more for a single new Vinyl record today.

And to mention some older artists albums are really high in price for a CD too, with some CD's going up to $30 USD new, for one. 10 or less song CD or Vinyl
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 06:30:19 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

Warmsignal

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2019, 01:15:13 pm »
I was planning to pick up the rest of the Coheed and Cambria albums I need which are Afterman: Descension, Afterman: Ascension, The Color Before The Sun, and Unheavenly Creatures.

I tried to buy these from FYE online (since the store here closed down), and they were running a 20% off everything online sale. Well, it would not give me the 20% off of my total. I emailed tech support and they never responded to me. This is why they are failing as a business. Who needs that hassle?

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2019, 04:31:34 pm »
I was planning to pick up the rest of the Coheed and Cambria albums I need which are Afterman: Descension, Afterman: Ascension, The Color Before The Sun, and Unheavenly Creatures.

I tried to buy these from FYE online (since the store here closed down), and they were running a 20% off everything online sale. Well, it would not give me the 20% off of my total. I emailed tech support and they never responded to me. This is why they are failing as a business. Who needs that hassle?

Sorry to hear about your struggles with FYE, Amazon and Walmart care about their customers, on Amazon you can take your case up with customer service by phone and you can talk to a real person live. Best Buy is good too but their products cost more. Some of the used things on amazon (depending on the time of hunting) are priced vary nicely, I like Walmart and Big Lots better because they are a cheaper alternative usually new condition but amazon has more variety and is better then Ebay in my opinion.

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2019, 04:37:03 pm »
I've really been into collecting CDs the past few years. The good wills around me have CDs for $1 and they always have good stuff for some reason. I use the CLZ apps for IOS to catalog the collection and everything gets ripped to my PC in Apple Lossless. I have a Schiit Audio Fulla 2 DAC/AMP running to some Edifier desktop speakers and thats really enough for me.  Sitting at a little over 700 CDs right now with a big stack on the floor i still have to rip and catalog. I really listen to a little bit of everything, but am big into like 90's rock, ska, punk, and classic rock.

I am the same way, I read your post but I just realized I didn't respond. I use a sound card on my PC as well as an old 1990's stereo with an auxiliary jack, on my stereo and  a headphone jack on my speakers. Sometime I use headphones connected to my computer speakers as well.

Speaking of headphones those Sentry Stereo Headphones HM960 are really cheap and have great surround sound effect on them for only costing $10 USD a piece at some Big Lots stores. But the sound card really helps a ton
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 04:42:24 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

Warmsignal

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2019, 05:59:28 pm »

Sorry to hear about your struggles with FYE, Amazon and Walmart care about their customers, on Amazon you can take your case up with customer service by phone and you can talk to a real person live. Best Buy is good too but their products cost more. Some of the used things on amazon (depending on the time of hunting) are priced vary nicely, I like Walmart and Big Lots better because they are a cheaper alternative usually new condition but amazon has more variety and is better then Ebay in my opinion.

Yeah, but I usually try and support the underdogs when given the chance. I'd rather spend my money with someone other than Amazon, or Walmart if possible. Another alternative I usually turn to online is "Bullmoose". They have a pretty good selection, price varies but is usually okay by me.

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2019, 04:04:27 pm »
Among some of the forgotten 1960's rock music comes a band I like the more I listened to them, called

"Jefferson Airplane" At first impression I was not that into Jefferson Airplane's music that much but I listen to them for a little while and I really like this band now. the were a hard rock band from 1965, and changed members a lot since they first came on the scene.

in the 1970's "Jefferson Airplane" changed their name to "Jefferson Starship" and some time in the 1980's they changed their name to "Starship"

Does anyone else know of this band that changed it's name at least 3 times in it's existence? I'll admit that this band is not anything new but they have some great songs under all 3 of their names

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:06:36 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2019, 08:37:19 am »
Just picked up a copy of Megadeth's Warheads on Foreheads which got me the last few MD songs that I didn't already have (looking at you Tornado of Souls).

I was also disheartened to hear of Dave Mustaine's throat cancer.  I was actually planning on seeing them later this year at the Exit 111 Festival (a first year metal fest on the Bonaroo site), so I was pretty disappointed.  They have since announced Anthrax and Killswitch Engage to lineup neither of which I've seen live, when I have seen Megadeth, so I guess I'll call it a wash.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:11:52 am by Cartagia »

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2019, 09:02:12 am »
Just picked up a copy of Megadeth's Warheads on Foreheads which got me the last few MD songs that I didn't already have (looking at you Tornado of Souls).

I was also disheartened to hear of Dave Mustaine's throat cancer.  I was actually planning on seeing them later this year at the Exit 111 Festival (a first year metal fest on the Bonaroo site), so I was pretty disappointed.  They have since announced Anthrax and Killswitch Engage to lineup neither of which I've seen live, when I have seen Megadeth, so I guess I'll it a wash.

Yea Megadeth is pretty good, I so far only have one of their Greatest Hit's CD's in my collection. My favorite Megadeth song is called "Angry Again" mainly because their is a Midi sound version of the exact same song in the first level of the first episode of Duke Nukem II for the PC :)

Duke Nukem II the game

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:05:46 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2019, 06:27:08 am »
Any music except most Rap, Classical Jazz and Opera, is what I choose to collect. like I said earlier if you are going to buy physical music now is the time you can get a ton of older music for a reasonable price in unwrapped new condition or used condition. But when music hits the full digital realm only one song can cost the same about as 10 or more songs on a CD vinyl or cassette or whatever else, music was released on.

I know some people don't have the time for music anymore besides the radio and YouTube. But when your alone sometimes music can bring a lot of happiness. I listened to music every single day in the last 10 and more years that kinds of music makes my mental stress go away and puts me in a much better mood. :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:29:46 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2019, 06:12:55 pm »
These 2 "Volbeat" band albums are worth checking out or buying

1: Above Heaven: Beyond Hell (2010)
2: Shady Ladies And Outlaw Gentlemen (2013)

This is actually a more modern type of metal band, they can also be classified and Rockabilly or hard rock, they are more recent if you considering one of the earliest albums was in (2002).

these are the 2 albums I have of them and I like both of them equally.

they have more albums but I never heard them
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 06:16:43 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED