Author Topic: CD's, Vinyl (etc) Music Collectors Unite  (Read 19222 times)

CD's, Vinyl (etc) Music Collectors Unite
« on: October 26, 2018, 01:32:37 am »
When I'm not buying video games and food, I spend a great deal on Music CD's. I made this thread so we can share some of the information on the CDs, Vinyl or Cassette, A track and Digital Downloads involving music.

SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR POSTING

1: First off what music did you buy this month, if any?

2: What Are You most liked artist's and or bands

3: What is the highlights of your music collection, do you collect music?

I bought a lot of CD's this month including "David & David's Boomtown album" also bought "Dreams So Real's Rough Night In Jericho album "
I collect any type of music mostly Rock and Hard Rock, those 2 bands are somewhat obscure. They were alternative rock bands of the 1980's

Some highlights to my collection is my entire collection of the band called "Journey" I own every single Journey Album from 1975-2011 with all 14 studio albums included
and my Bon Jovi Album collection. I have a number of Kiss albums too but far from the complete set. I got all 4 Creed albums.

I picked up 1000's (just not this month) of CD's at both online Amazon, Walmart and a physical indoor flea market. I've been collecting music CD's since 2008 and I don't burn none of them
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:23:59 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

Re: CD's, Vinyl (etc) Music Collectors Unite
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 09:50:56 am »
I don't really keep an inventory of what I have picked up when it comes to music. I will typically buy CDs and tapes but not really records. And a big no to 8 tracks because I don't want to have to replace the foams in even the ones I already have!

I did recently pick up a hybrid disc, one that is a music CD on one side and a DVD video on the other side. It even came in a weird plastic holder. I bought it as a novelty really, I have no idea who the artist is.

One thing I like to do is pick up cassette tapes that are in other languages that I find at thrift. Or anything that looks interesting when it comes to package design.
Here is one example: https://imgur.com/a/Fds1D

I currently do not have a method for playing CDs. I primarily listen to them in the car. I have a cd changer that I would love to get fixed, then I could use that. I have two main cassette players. A single deck and a 6 changer.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 11:19:44 am »
I don't really keep an inventory of what I have picked up when it comes to music. I will typically buy CDs and tapes but not really records. And a big no to 8 tracks because I don't want to have to replace the foams in even the ones I already have!

I did recently pick up a hybrid disc, one that is a music CD on one side and a DVD video on the other side. It even came in a weird plastic holder. I bought it as a novelty really, I have no idea who the artist is.

One thing I like to do is pick up cassette tapes that are in other languages that I find at thrift. Or anything that looks interesting when it comes to package design.
Here is one example: https://imgur.com/a/Fds1D

I currently do not have a method for playing CDs. I primarily listen to them in the car. I have a cd changer that I would love to get fixed, then I could use that. I have two main cassette players. A single deck and a 6 changer.

I use a computer or PlayStation 3 to record them to but I never burn CD's or even use any burned copies anymore. I listen them all in one playlist on 2 devices. I have dreams of opening a radio station that plays more then hits
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:25:42 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 11:50:49 pm »
I went through a small phase of buying vinyl records at the beginning of the year, but after getting to about just under 30 I realised it was getting quite expensive, and haven't bought any since. I like buying CDs just for having around and taking in the car since they're really cheap most of the time, just popping on Amazon to look up an album I really like that I haven't got yet and getting it for just £1 or £2 is fun.

The majority of my music is digital though, I have about 1300 albums on my computer which I have hooked up to my stereo and listen to them through that.

Most of the music I listen to is post-punk, punk, goth rock, new wave etc and other sub-genres that fall under those... but I have quite a bit of a mixture of other genres, too. Honestly music for me is a much bigger thing than games these days, I listen for hours every single day, and most days I try to find new bands or albums to listen to.

I haven't bought any physical music this month but I've downloaded quite a lot of albums, some of the ones I like most that I had never heard before being;

Alvvays - "Antisocialites" and their self-titled album (dream-pop, indie)
Wild Nothing -  "Gemini", "Indigo" and "Nocturne" (dream-pop, shoegaze, indie)
GZA/Genius - "Liquid Swords" (hip-hop)
Alice in Chains - "Facelift" (grunge, alternative)
Green Day - "Insomniac" (punk, pop-punk)

I could talk about music all day  ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:52:58 pm by olly88 »

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 12:53:23 am »
I went through a small phase of buying vinyl records at the beginning of the year, but after getting to about just under 30 I realised it was getting quite expensive, and haven't bought any since. I like buying CDs just for having around and taking in the car since they're really cheap most of the time, just popping on Amazon to look up an album I really like that I haven't got yet and getting it for just £1 or £2 is fun.

The majority of my music is digital though, I have about 1300 albums on my computer which I have hooked up to my stereo and listen to them through that.

Most of the music I listen to is post-punk, punk, goth rock, new wave etc and other sub-genres that fall under those... but I have quite a bit of a mixture of other genres, too. Honestly music for me is a much bigger thing than games these days, I listen for hours every single day, and most days I try to find new bands or albums to listen to.

I haven't bought any physical music this month but I've downloaded quite a lot of albums, some of the ones I like most that I had never heard before being;

Alvvays - "Antisocialites" and their self-titled album (dream-pop, indie)
Wild Nothing -  "Gemini", "Indigo" and "Nocturne" (dream-pop, shoegaze, indie)
GZA/Genius - "Liquid Swords" (hip-hop)
Alice in Chains - "Facelift" (grunge, alternative)
Green Day - "Insomniac" (punk, pop-punk)

I could talk about music all day  ;D

Do have a sound card for your computer? if not I highly recommend buying one, I too used to hook my computer up to an old stereo system. Most computer sound cards enhance the listening, and in my experience make your music more clear, and sound cards are must when hooking them up to surround sound, and are also good for standard stereo sound. Sound cards are usually better then standard mother board audio. most Sound cards are basically a computer chip that hooks up to the internal insides of a computer usually a desktop, not a laptop.

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 09:56:08 am »
I don't really keep an inventory of what I have picked up when it comes to music.

I'm the same way here.  I buy a lot.  But I don't really log it (unless you count iTunes).  I rip every CD I buy into my iTunes and Google Play library, as I find that generally gives me access to them everywhere I may want them.

I use Google Play at work - since that's one of the few places not blocked on the network.  I have an iPod shuffle that has my general workout / lawn work mix, and it sometimes gets played in the car.  My car has a CD player, but it really only sees use when I am returning home with albums I have just bought.

Just like my games, I try to avoid digital as much as I can, but there are occasionally singles that I will break down and get.

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 10:32:05 am »
I haven't ripped CDs in a while and I need to get back to it because I'm way behind in that regard. I need to replace my CD drive first.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 02:56:11 am »
I highly recommend this light to heavy metal band the goes by the name of Dokken here are some of their best albums in my opinion

1: Back For The Attack
2: Under The Lock And Key
3: Breaking The Chains
4: Tooth And Nail
5: Dysfunctional

Also worth mentioning would be a Don Dokken solo album called "Up From The Ashes"

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 07:52:16 pm »
A lot of people collect for vinyls records of the  1960's famous British rock band called "The Beatles". So far I only have one Beatles CD, a greatest hits music CD compilation called "Beatles 1" I figure everyone has heard of this rock band so I'd figure I mention it.

The Beatles, also Led Zeppelin are not my favorite rock bands and I do find them a bit over rated. Believe it or not The British rock band called "The Rolling Stones" is a bit underrated (these days) as far as I can see, But the Rolling Stone were also famous and I think they been preforming live since the mid 1960's

I have at least 4 music CD albums of The Rolling Stones. I really can't find too many The Beatles CD's out there for any cheap price though. but I haven't looked lately Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:57:10 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

wolfen

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 04:50:48 am »
I actually bought a record player last year around this time. Since then my family has accumulated a nice little collection of about 30-40ish vinyl albums. I'll have to post some pictures later when I get off work.

I bought Frank Zappas Apostrophe and Rumors by Fleetwood Mac at a local antique place that sells vinyl. I also bought Journeys' Live Captured album as a Christmas present for my mom because she absolutely loves Journey.

Favorite artists/bands for me personally are in no particular order:
The Beatles
Queen
Red Hot Chili Peppers
ELO
Foo Fighters

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 09:58:33 pm »
Are these so called "Rolling Stones" as good as Dokken??

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 07:20:23 pm »
I get almost all my used cds on second spin, unless it’s an impulse buy from a used music store.
I just do the dollar search and fill up the cart. Usually a few drinks are involved and that equals a bonus in the mail!!! “What’s in the box?”

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 07:35:09 pm »
I ended up on a Black Sabbath kick since watching Razorfist's Metal Mythos on them and grabbed 4 CD's
-Dehumanizer
-the Eternal Idol
-Headless Cross
-Tyr

On a bit of a sad note The Record Store a store close to me is closing at the end of January. O have bought a sizable chunk of my CD and Comic collection there so it's going to be sad to see them go. It's a place where you could dig for hours and almost always come out of there with a good amount of stuff. Walls, displays and aisles completely filled up with comics, movies, figures, and music.

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 09:25:23 pm »
Are these so called "Rolling Stones" as good as Dokken??

Not in my own opinion, I love Dokken but only like the Rolling Stones, but if you like "Dokken" you may also like the band called "Scorpions", or even the band called "Firehouse", I recommend.

But many people judge the band "Firehouse" harshly and I don't know why, because I like "Firehouse" as much as I like "Dokken"

Firehouse has 2 albums I really like

1:Firehouse, Firehouse
2: Firehouse, Hold Your Fire

Scorpions I would recommend any of their albums but I would give them music a listen before buying.

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 11:13:47 am »
Anyone into one of the vary first 1970's hard rock/metal bands by the name of "Black Sabbath"?

Their "Paranoid" and "Vol. 4" albums are ok,

both "Sabotage" and "Never Say Die" are better in my opinion. the best album I heard is their "Seventh Star" album
 Heaven and Hell album is ok too

NO APPS NEEDED