Author Topic: Official PS1 Classic Game List Revealed  (Read 2759 times)

mark1982

Re: Official PS1 Classic Game List Revealed
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 12:20:34 pm »
I won't be surprised if you can connect it to PSN to download more games at a similar price that is currently available on the PSN store.

Maybe comes with a bigger hard drive or allows an external HDD to download more content, this being the digital gaming era and all.
  l    l 

kypherion

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 12:36:46 pm »
Miffed that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night didn't make it.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

mark1982

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 12:42:01 pm »

Probably because Castlevania Requim just came out on PS4

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0101-CUSA13434_00-CASTLEVANIA00001

Has Rondo and Symphony together.
  l    l 

kypherion

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 12:44:06 pm »

Probably because Castlevania Requim just came out on PS4

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0101-CUSA13434_00-CASTLEVANIA00001

Has Rondo and Symphony together.

Yeah I saw, I'd love to get it but I don't have a PS4 haha. I'm sure it will be hackable just like the SNES classic so I'm not too worried.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 12:53:21 pm »
I won't be surprised if you can connect it to PSN to download more games at a similar price that is currently available on the PSN store.

Maybe comes with a bigger hard drive or allows an external HDD to download more content, this being the digital gaming era and all.

It's not going to have any network capabilities so you won't be able to add games via PSN.

Is it hackable?  Well that remains to be seen.

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2018, 05:45:47 pm »
Sad to say but theres only 3 or so games i want to actually play. The rest i either own or have no interest right now. At least the nes and snes classics have actual "classics"

Flashback2012

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2018, 07:24:51 pm »
So let's look at the lineup...

Battle Arena Toshinden - I'm thinking maybe adding BAT2 or BAT2 Plus might've been a better choice?
Cool Boarders 2 - Okay sure.
Destruction Derby - Destruction Derby 2 might have been a better choice
Final Fantasy VII - This is a no-brainer
Grand Theft Auto - Meh.
Intelligent Qube - Good choice
Jumping Flash - Another good choice, one of my favorite games  ;)
Metal Gear Solid - See FFVII above
Mr Driller - Not a bad choice but I think maybe Pac-Man World for more familiarity
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - Good choice, one I'll be able to enjoy because I thought I owned this but apparently not. Must be one my little bro swiped.  :-\
Rayman - Good choice
Resident Evil Director's Cut - I get why this one makes it since they're doing a remake of RE2 which had they not should have been the obvious choice
Revelations: Persona - Surprised to see this one but good choice. The only downer is the load times
Ridge Racer Type 4 - I would have figured Ridge Racer Revolution was the shoe-in for this series.
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo - Good choice
Syphon Filter - See FFVII and Metal Gear Solid
Tekken 3 - I would have thought Tekken 2 over this as it was stupidly popular
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six - Um. Okay. Ubisoft had nothing else noteworthy to bring to the table? I guess but at the time the series was more renown as a PC title.
Twisted Metal - Lots of people have already said that TM2 should be here instead of this one.
Wild Arms - Good choice for a 3rd RPG option.

Notable titles missing: Ape Escape, Blasto, Bloody Roar, Bust A Groove, Devil Dice, Einhander, Hot Shots Golf, Legend of Dragoon, Medal of Honor, Mega Man Legends, Motor Toon Grand Prix, Omega Boost, Parappa The Rapper, Philosoma, Suikoden, Tenchu: Stealth Assassins, Tomb Raider I/II.

I can see why some titles didn't make it such as Gran Turismo due to licensing issues. Medieval is going the Crash/Spyro route with a remake. SoTN is getting a remake as well. I'm sure there's others I'm not thinking of.  :P

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2018, 08:24:06 pm »
Making the prediction....
 NOW. Playstation One Classic Dualshock Edition next year.

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 11:21:17 pm »
Since it was announced I seen so many people saying they were underwhelmed with the list.  I wasn't sure if it was exaggeration.  But this is my first time ever seeing the list :)

I mean Gran Turismo 2, Parappa the Rapper.  Those are sony games.  Their license.  No need to pay for licensing.  Why are those left out?  2 of the most iconic games for the console.  Where is ape escape. Castlevania, Klonoa, Megaman Legends, Chrono Cross.  Many of those they already have the dev on board.  So many of these games aren't essential imo.  Where are any of the tomb raider games?  They borderline defined the console.

This is some cruel joke. :(   

But I guess this is what happens when you try to copy Nintendo again. I just wish they'd stay in their lane and quit with the cash grabs and copy and paste Nintendo formula like they've always done.  They have plenty going for them.  It should have been done right.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:31:46 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

stealthrush

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 01:26:09 am »
Great choices for the most part its what I've had in mind (I predicted 9/20 games), although i'm surprised to see Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo awesome choice. :)

Glad to see; Oddworld, Rayman, Persona, Ridge Racer Type 4, Syphon Filter.
could have done without Grand Theft Auto.

Too bad Crash Bandicoot is missing.

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 10:24:04 pm »
Great choices for the most part its what I've had in mind (I predicted 9/20 games), although i'm surprised to see Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo awesome choice. :)

Glad to see; Oddworld, Rayman, Persona, Ridge Racer Type 4, Syphon Filter.
could have done without Grand Theft Auto.

Too bad Crash Bandicoot is missing.

I think they might have left out Crash and Spyro because of the two remastered Trilogys for those franchises.  Maybe they didn't have naughtydog's approval as almost noone does now adays with them working on 1 game for 200 years and all  ;D.     I loved GTA being included.  It shocked my too.  Never thought they'd pull that Rockstar signature.

No tomb raider is beyond baffeling.  She completely defined the console imo.  Who didn't know or play Tomb Raider.  I think the console should have been scrapped if it couldn't have Tomb Raider.  That's lunacy.