Author Topic: Favorite Castlevania game?  (Read 2853 times)

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

Re: Favorite Castlevania game?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 07:34:06 am »
Symphony of the Night. It’s in my personal top 10 games ever.

Close behind are CV III and Super CV IV.

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 09:31:37 am »
I'm hopeful they are gonna do another Castelvania Legacy Collection bundle for the NES/SNES ones.  I'd like to play more of them before Bloodstained.

The NES and SNES Classics are good ways to get 1,2 and 4 along with some other extra goodies if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Like so many others, my answer is probably Symphony of the Night.  I just played it for the first time last year, and I was just straight up blown away.  And that is someone who loves the original game - and all the other classic style ones, really.

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 04:27:55 pm »
I'm hopeful they are gonna do another Castelvania Legacy Collection bundle for the NES/SNES ones.  I'd like to play more of them before Bloodstained.

The NES and SNES Classics are good ways to get 1,2 and 4 along with some other extra goodies if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Like so many others, my answer is probably Symphony of the Night.  I just played it for the first time last year, and I was just straight up blown away.  And that is someone who loves the original game - and all the other classic style ones, really.

The Classics are neat novelties, but I'd rather have the games on a proper console.  I'm sure they'll get released eventually on something else, but I'm in no rush for that right now.  At least Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood are out to play on PS4.

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 05:11:34 pm »

The Classics are neat novelties, but I'd rather have the games on a proper console.  I'm sure they'll get released eventually on something else, but I'm in no rush for that right now.  At least Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood are out to play on PS4.

Konami really needs to do some sort of Castlevania compilation. Even if it was broken up into volumes I'd buy it. I just want these games released physically in some form again for home consoles.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2018, 06:19:22 pm »

Konami really needs to do some sort of Castlevania compilation. Even if it was broken up into volumes I'd buy it. I just want these games released physically in some form again for home consoles.

aliensstudios

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 06:00:52 pm »

I'm kind of hoping that Castlevania Requiem will get a physical release on the PS4 soon.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 06:01:08 pm »
I think Super Castlevania IV is my favorite. I liked the visual and audio effects that were new at the time (rotating environments, echo effects etc). The slow down didn’t take away my enjoyment of this SNES game.

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 01:03:22 pm »
I watched an hour long video on the CV series yesterday, and I was pretty surprised at how solid most of the entries are.  The only one that was received super poorly was that fighting game.  Even stuff that hasn't aged well, like Castlevania 64, got good reviews at the time.  I'm thinking this might be my next full series playthrough.