Author Topic: Amiibo Fans - Every new Super Smash Bros Ultimate character will get an amiibo!  (Read 4989 times)

mark1982

---------------------

"Three will be available at launch, with others joining later"

"A selection of new amiibo are debuting parallel Super Smash Bros Ultimate, to complete the huge roster of characters available. There will be new figures for each fighter, with some debuting at launch and others staggered to follow.

At the game’s launch on Dec. 7, Ridley from Metroid, Inkling from Splatoon and Wolf from Star Fox will be available for purchase.

A few months later, on Feb. 15, King K. Rool from Donkey Kong and the Ice Climbers will join the available amiibo. Other amiibo coming to shelves later in 2019 are Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Ken from Street Fighter, Young Link of the Zelda games, Pikachu’s pre-evolution Pichu and Princess Daisy."

Source - https://www.polygon.com/nintendo/2018/11/1/18051804/super-smash-bros-ultimate-amiibos-release-dates

Looks like we are getting plenty more Amiibos in the near future ;D 

TBH I wasn't that big into Amiibos, but recently I have been purchasing a select few based on the games that I enjoyed playing ( crazy how much money can go into these... :o ). I'm not big into smash either, matter of fact I don't even play the game, but the characters I am familiar with is what draws me in, since many of them are from the classics.

Here's a teaser mock image I found online, have to be honest here - looks like I will be pre-ordering those Castlevania ones ( if they ever get released ) before they disappear from existence, unless of course you wanna pay crazy high prices online.

------------------------

Here is the entire Smash roster so far on the official site for reference.
I hope they do revisit some of the characters again, would love a new Ganon, his new pose with the cape is pretty stellar.

------------------------

So Amiibo fans of VGCollect which Amiibos are you looking forward to?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:42:15 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

Flashback2012

Best Buy has been mentioning in their weekly ads that they are getting amiibo restocks of older characters.

The biggest question is simply will it be another feeding frenzy or will Nintendo not put us through that damn nonsense again and actually have adequate stocking levels to where the damn mouth breathing urchins don't snap up everything? I really do NOT want to have to go through that nonsense again because there are several amiibo pictured there such as the Ice Climbers, Richter and Simon and Dark Samus that I want to snag. It's a shame Toys R Us is not around, that was one of the better places to get them.  :-\

aliensstudios

Best Buy has been mentioning in their weekly ads that they are getting amiibo restocks of older characters.

The biggest question is simply will it be another feeding frenzy or will Nintendo not put us through that damn nonsense again and actually have adequate stocking levels to where the damn mouth breathing urchins don't snap up everything? I really do NOT want to have to go through that nonsense again because there are several amiibo pictured there such as the Ice Climbers, Richter and Simon and Dark Samus that I want to snag. It's a shame Toys R Us is not around, that was one of the better places to get them.  :-\
Well the first three were easy enough to pre-order. King K. Rool, The Ice Climbers and Piranha Plant are available at BestBuy.com right now: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-super-smash-bros-ice-climbers/6255167.p?skuId=6255167
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

kypherion

How did I miss this thread?

Ganondorf, Simon, and Richter are must gets for me.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

pizzasafari

If they release a Joker amiibo I think I may actually die.

mark1982

How did I miss this thread?

Ganondorf, Simon, and Richter are must gets for me.

They haven't officially announced Simon and Richter yet, but they did say all the new fighters will get Amiibos, so I guess it's just a matter of time.

I'm looking forward to Dark Samus as well.
  l    l 

gf78

Young Link is a must-buy for me.

If they actually make Simon, Richter, Dark Samus and a new Ganondorf,  I'll be all over those as well!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

mark1982

New Amiibos announced after the latest Nintendo Direct:

--------------

Characters Include:

- Solid Snake
- Squirtle
- Pokemon Trainer
- Simon Belmont
- Ivysaur

I'm definitely gonna get Solid Snake and Simon Belmont!  ;D
  l    l 

turf

PRO Supporter

These damn abobos. I missed the piranha plant. I’m going to preorder Ken and I’ve got to get that Simon Belmont!

sworddude

Really cool to see new amiibo's but I'm kinda glad that I can resist the temptation of getting them since I'm such a cheap skate. Only got a few in the past but I'm good.

Not going to use them anyway, they take up allot of space not to mention pretty expensive it adds up even if you would only get 3 pieces that's the same cost as most brand new games except for the full ones at 60 retail.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:35:32 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

Not going to use them anyway, they take up allot of space not to mention pretty expensive it adds up even if you would only get 3 pieces that's the same cost as most brand new games except for the full ones at 60 retail.

Get out of here with your reasonable logic and solid decision making.

Amiibos are bait for crazy people. There. I said it.

Flashback2012

Get out of here with your reasonable logic and solid decision making.

Amiibos are bait for crazy people. There. I said it.

It's only bad because Nintendo's dumb ass created a frenzy about them. It whipped every last dipshit, mouth-breathing flipper/scalper into snapping everything up and Nintendo is all like Stevie Wonder driving down the wrong side of the freeway going "I don't see what the problem is".  >:(

So far you're still able to find Inkling, Ridley and the Splatoon 3-pack if you keep your eyes out. I'm not wanting stores to be flush with rows and rows of product but at the same time I DON'T want to have to fight with some Skoal-chewing opportunistic mongrel looking to cash in on Nintendo's ineptitude regarding stock balancing. But I remember it's Nintendo and they've been doing the hype game nonsense for forever. If it wasn't "chip shortages" it was something else. It SURE would be nice if they could put out another batch of those damn 4-player adapters.  :P

pzeke

I only own Cloud, but Snake would look nice alongside him. Simon and Pokémon Trainer, as well. The Samus Returns amiibo looks sweet, too.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

mark1982

THREAD UPDATE

Next batch of officially announced Amiibos

- Dark Samus
- Richter Belmont
- Chrom
- Incineroar
- Link - Link's Awakening

Link is a must get for me ;D
  l    l 

All I need is my Banjo-Kazooie amiibo, and I'll be happy.