Author Topic: Buying Old PC Games Digitally Online (Vs) From An Abandonware Site For Free  (Read 1376 times)

When it comes to old PC games how do you download them? Do you usually download them for free off an abandonware site or do you use GOG? or Steam? I only keep 1 PC game on my computer today, but when I used to download games for free, I would aim at the full versions of  vary old games off various sites. However the I had better luck off some abandonware sites rather the ROM or dedicated pirate sites that give out 1kb ISO or Torrent Files. I no longer do any download things either free or from Steam. I don't trust Steam anymore but I do kinda trust GOG.

I've had bad luck with the current Steam app for PC. The app when installed before I reset my OS last time on my PC. The Steam app would cause my computer to freeze at random, and the steam app takes up a ton of CPU resources in my experience even makes my computer boot longer than normal
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I do both and honestly they are just different means to an end. I guess there is some degree of quality control on GOG or Steam that you don't get from abandonware sites, and you may not have to worry about possible malware, but my experience is roughly the same.

tripredacus

I don't download from the gray market sites anymore. I have enough to keep me busy for the rest of my life.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

GoG is so damn cheap, and it's just click and play, no worries about compatibility or downloading some random file to make it work, or running a dos prompt.

Hell, a good number of my GoG games were free giveaways, even.

GoG is so damn cheap, and it's just click and play, no worries about compatibility or downloading some random file to make it work, or running a dos prompt.

Hell, a good number of my GoG games were free giveaways, even.

Almost the entirety of my GoG catalog is games they gave out for free.