Author Topic: Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95  (Read 1072 times)

doafan

Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95
« on: November 12, 2018, 02:55:10 pm »
Stan Lee, the legendary writer, editor and publisher of Marvel Comics whose fantabulous but flawed creations made him a real-life superhero to comic book lovers everywhere, has died. He was 95.

Lee, who began in the business in 1939 and created or co-created Black Panther, Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Mighty Thor, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, the Incredible Hulk, Daredevil and Ant-Man, among countless other characters, died early Monday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, a family representative told The Hollywood Reporter.

Kirk Schenck, an attorney for Lee's daughter, J.C. Lee, also confirmed his death to the Associated Press.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stan-lee-marvel-comics-legend-721450

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

soera

Re: Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 05:00:16 pm »
IDK what to say ... I honestly never expected him to die. He is, was, and will forever be legendary. I enjoyed comics my whole life and he made them what they are. I loved looking for him in every movie to see what silly little cameo he decided to play. Today is a sad day indeed.

indenton

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:00:51 pm »
I'm not gonna lie, I'm not much of a Comic Book person, but I have the utmost respect for Stan.  I respect that not only did he continue to work and inspire many creatives into his older years, but he always appeared to sincerely enjoy his work, even if things got tough at some point for Stan Lee. When I saw him appear in Avengers Infinity War, I knew who he was immediately, that was a nice surprise. 

Excelsior!

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 12:24:59 am »
I just cried my eyes out during his cameo in the new Spiderman game :(.   It was my first playthrough and I wasn't expecting it at all.   It was like his farewell and I felt his love and passion for Spiderman eradiating through my TV screen. It was like he was there.  I can only second it to an outer body experience.   It was like saying goodbye. 

Mr. Stan Lee brought us our childhoods.  He's the one who made us dream of being a hero.  To aspire to be bigger than just the superficial things they teach now.  He thought tales of justice but also of morality, and he shaped countless generations of children who at the very least had someone to look up to.  Many of which who may not even have a role model in their own lives.  But when they burried themselves in one of his comics they had a reason to hope.   The fun boxing matches with the hulk hands when I was a kid and the spiderman masks.  All the little kids who light up when they see spiderman.  It all shows that his legacy will forever transcend time.  Not many people were as essential to the world as Mr. Stan Lee.   And although I know noone could live forever,  somehow I really thought he would.

R.I.P Stan Lee  :'(