Author Topic: I am finally a proud PS4 owner :). Game suggestions? (Soera)  (Read 2543 times)

Re: I am finally a proud PS4 owner :). Game suggestions? (Soera)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 09:52:26 pm »
God of War 2018 is another must buy, I personally liked it better than Horizon and that is really saying something. I think it just does everything just slightly better than Horizon, but is still very different in style and gameplay. I also went into this one blind by not playing the previous installments.
I can't believe this was the first time anyone mentioned this.  GoW 2018 is insanely good.  A must play, even if you don't like the older games.

Really? That was actually something I was going to ask too :).   As a whole and I know this is sacreligious but I was never the hugest GOW fan.  I didn't hate them,  I actually liked them and  I enjoy the games but always found myself playing something else halfway through and I don't love them like others do because I have ADHD.  But you aren't the first one to tell me I will like the new one regardless.   One of my friends hated god of war but loves the new one.   What has changed?  Is their more exploration open world qualities?   I like the combat system don't get me wrong but my main gripe with GOW was the button mashing hack and slash and some of the puzzle solving was boring to me and took up a good portion of the game.   I always wanted the ability to do more platforming, hunting, boss battles  adventuring and such in the gorgeous worlds it had.    With the hack and slash combat taking up a smaller percentage of gameplay like Spiderman does.   A lot of exploring and gathering and open world but with the hacking stuff thrown in. 

What I love about PS4 so far

The controller is epic, Way more cool than I thought it would be.  Especially for spiderman and adventure games.  It's comfy and the light is cool and the touch pad is freaking badass.  I never knew it was also a giant button.  I thought it was just a pad.  But it's pretty bad ass using it for the hub in spiderman.  It feels like a gadget.

I like the UI.  I'm a 10+ year xbox fanboy so It takes getting used to but within one day I already feel I know where everything is and I love the simplicity of it. 

The games of course.  Spiderman has been a damn gorgeous cinematic thriller so far.  It's got a lot of exploration and fun to be had.  And I only have 1 game so far. 

Trophy system is pretty cool.  I think achievements are more simplistic and better but I'm warming up to trophies too.

As a whole i'm very happy.  I think PS4 exceeded expectations for me.   I love all 3 flagships from all 3 brands officially.  What a time to be alive.  It's rare that happens. 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:58:51 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 10:55:53 pm »
God of War 2018 is another must buy, I personally liked it better than Horizon and that is really saying something. I think it just does everything just slightly better than Horizon, but is still very different in style and gameplay. I also went into this one blind by not playing the previous installments.
I can't believe this was the first time anyone mentioned this.  GoW 2018 is insanely good.  A must play, even if you don't like the older games.

Really? That was actually something I was going to ask too :).   As a whole and I know this is sacreligious but I was never the hugest GOW fan.  I didn't hate them,  I actually liked them and  I enjoy the games but always found myself playing something else halfway through and I don't love them like others do because I have ADHD.  But you aren't the first one to tell me I will like the new one regardless.   One of my friends hated god of war but loves the new one.   What has changed?  Is their more exploration open world qualities?   I like the combat system don't get me wrong but my main gripe with GOW was the button mashing hack and slash and some of the puzzle solving was boring to me and took up a good portion of the game.   I always wanted the ability to do more platforming, hunting, boss battles  adventuring and such in the gorgeous worlds it had.    With the hack and slash combat taking up a smaller percentage of gameplay like Spiderman does.   A lot of exploring and gathering and open world but with the hacking stuff thrown in. 

What you described in the last sentence is this game to a T.  It is a semi-open world with secrets, roaming bosses, collectibles, the works.  The combat has been completely revamped and is more like a combination of Bloodborne and the Arkham games.  And the story is incredible.

soera

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 07:46:36 am »

Read my list. God of War is on there! :P

kashell

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 08:27:38 am »
Where is the Tales of Berseria mentioning?! You need more ToB in your life!

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 08:54:58 am »

Read my list. God of War is on there! :P
:-X