Author Topic: OEM replacement cases  (Read 1060 times)

OEM replacement cases
« on: November 29, 2018, 02:44:09 pm »
So I'm trying to find a distributor for official OEM replacement cases for a few systems but have only come up with one site and they only have PS4 OEM cases listed (but not in stock).

http://www.casetopia.com/category_s/1962.htm

Does anyone have a site they use to replace any or all of the following consoles below.  I had a distributor on ebay who I used for XBOX 360 cases but they no longer on ebay.  I'm looking for OEM replacements, and for PS3, PS4 and XB1 it is important because of the console logo/name being on the case so 3rd party cases won't cut it.  So many of the cases I get when I buy used games are just marred up or have a dull finish on the outside due to lack of care. 

-Nintendo Wii
-Nintendo DS
-XBOX
-XBOX 360
-XBOX One
-PS2
-PS3
-PS4

tpugmire

Re: OEM replacement cases
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 03:56:50 pm »
Can’t help with the others, but I know Nintendo still sells empty Wii and DS cases in their online store.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 12:29:53 am »
Can’t help with the others, but I know Nintendo still sells empty Wii and DS cases in their online store.

Oh, I never thought that.  Thanks for the heads up!

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 01:01:45 am »
While I understand the need for OEM on most of these... the only thing that makes Xbox & Xbox 360 games special is the color of the cases. While I've yet to find a match for the original system's games, these cases from US Plastics are spot-on for 360 titles. I bought many from them during my 360 heyday. (and their white Amarays are good for Wii games, given that the branded cases weren't universally adopted so it's not odd for it to be missing.)

I know it's not OEM, but perhaps it's a good substitute if your main goal is uniformity.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:03:51 am by hoshichiri »

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 02:11:31 am »
While I understand the need for OEM on most of these... the only thing that makes Xbox & Xbox 360 games special is the color of the cases. While I've yet to find a match for the original system's games, these cases from US Plastics are spot-on for 360 titles. I bought many from them during my 360 heyday. (and their white Amarays are good for Wii games, given that the branded cases weren't universally adopted so it's not odd for it to be missing.)

I know it's not OEM, but perhaps it's a good substitute if your main goal is uniformity.

Thanks for the heads up.  My first goal was to be as close to OEM as possible but I understand the daunting task this is so I could be open for other options for all but PS3/PS4/XB1 since those have logos on the front.  For systems like the original XBOX this is going to nearly be impossible I'm sure, but I thought I'd ask. 

How close are these green ones (XBOX 360) from US Plastics to the OEM counterparts?  Can you post a side-by-side image of them for reference if you have time?  Good to know about the Wii, I have a crap ton of shit cases for the Wii that were games I bought used at GameStop and a bookstore. 

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 11:23:48 am »
How close are these green ones (XBOX 360) from US Plastics to the OEM counterparts?  Can you post a side-by-side image of them for reference if you have time?  Good to know about the Wii, I have a crap ton of shit cases for the Wii that were games I bought used at GameStop and a bookstore.

The 360 cases are close enough that I can't actually post that picture for you... looking at them now, I genuinely no longer remember which ones I swapped & I can't tell the difference enough to pick them out again... I think it's a group that are a tiny bit more translucent when viewed from the edge, & have a texture when touched... but those are also all Guitar Hero titles, so I don't know if it's an Activision thing or if I just really messed up my Guitar Hero cases back in the day. (Did Activision use eco-cases? I know I replaced all the eco-cases.)

Also- it's not a permanent solution, but using furniture polish can help shine up a shelfworn case, so some of your less egregious examples might be salvageable. Plus, a good foaming lemon polish is a handy mild sticker remover, when you don't want to scuff things up worse getting gunk off.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:28:09 am by hoshichiri »

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 06:12:40 pm »

The 360 cases are close enough that I can't actually post that picture for you... looking at them now, I genuinely no longer remember which ones I swapped & I can't tell the difference enough to pick them out again... I think it's a group that are a tiny bit more translucent when viewed from the edge, & have a texture when touched... but those are also all Guitar Hero titles, so I don't know if it's an Activision thing or if I just really messed up my Guitar Hero cases back in the day. (Did Activision use eco-cases? I know I replaced all the eco-cases.)

Also- it's not a permanent solution, but using furniture polish can help shine up a shelfworn case, so some of your less egregious examples might be salvageable. Plus, a good foaming lemon polish is a handy mild sticker remover, when you don't want to scuff things up worse getting gunk off.

Good stuff.  Thank you.