Author Topic: Do You Prefer Playing Single Or With Friends?  (Read 2000 times)

Do You Prefer Playing Single Or With Friends?
« on: November 30, 2018, 12:34:28 am »
I would prefer to play a more hard and complicated game with a friend if I had the room. Coop with people (at your place) is often more fun the the single player experience, depending on how hard the game is. In my opinion For easy games I don't mind single player for something like the sims where you can go at your own pace

I don't like to go against friends in a fighting video game, and much prefer something like Mortal Kombat 4 in which you can have up to 4 players on 2 controllers, or coop also on 1 controler against the Computer.

Nothing is more fun than any 4 player game at parties if you got the space. especially when you have the luxury of having your own personal controller
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:36:37 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wolfen

Re: Do You Prefer Playing Single Or With Friends?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 02:53:13 am »
Multiplayer can be fun but, getting lost in an adventurous game like BotW is a one of a kind experience. You also don't have to worry about others learning info along with you so you can play at your own pace.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 03:01:09 am »
I see the two experiences completely different.

For fast frantic games I like to enjoy them with friends. i wish more games had Split-Screen Co-op these days - Rocket League jhas been a game me and my friend have played for years every Friday beacause we can play Online & Split-Screen, many other games like OnRush or GRIP:Combat Racing which I would expect to have thsi featuresimply don't and it really ruins the potential of the experience... Hoping Sonic Team Racing next year lets you play through the campaign mode split screen like the previous two games.

Yet when it comes to an emotionally charged story, that is something I like to experience on my own, I just find that experiencing with another that their presence can sometimes break the immersion. I find games as a method of relaxation in the evening so when I am playing a JRPG it's a lounge chair and slippers experience.

So I see both experiences as seperate, but value both equally, if I had to choose I'd say Single Player experiences jsut because of the quantity, one night a week ofgaming with friends is enough, but I prefer most of my others on Single Player games.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 03:10:00 am »
On the whole I prefer single player.

With multiplayer games you have to play religiously that one game to be successful plus if you’re on console you have to pay for the privilege.

That said I have 3,000 hours into a MOBA on PC probably my most played game ever and multiplayer is infinitely replayable unlike linear single player experiences.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 11:05:34 am »
For online multiplayer I do tend to play sometimes and like some of them, but i'm a single player person myself.   I love hunting achievements, enjoying plots and stories. 

With online or couch co-op competitive games I either get my ass whooped bad, or I whoop someones ass bad and they get mad or quit.   So it's never really fun either way.    I do enjoy some awesome fighting game face offs but I am a loner in general so tend to just like kicking back and playing some Red Dead or something where it's just a linear story where you are the sole contributor.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 11:06:58 am »
I lean towards single player, but it varies depending on the game. For example, a game like Screen Cheat would be very boring in single player.

I've been playing a ton (a TON) of Monster Hunter World lately, which seems like a great balance between the two- at no point do you have to do multiplayer. While it makes things notably harder, you can absolutely make your way through the game solo. If you do go online, the level of interaction is really up to you- they provide a space to meet with & talk to other players, but you can just as easily ignore it, opting instead to just drop on on whatever hunt suits you at the time, finish it, & leave without saying a word to anyone else. It's really rather nice.

telly

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 11:13:51 am »
I know I must have said this already, but some of my most treasured gaming memories have been with friends. Nothing compares to playing Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and Super Mario Bros. on Wii U with two other people.  :'(
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kypherion

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 11:21:52 am »
I'm alone most of the time when I play video games, so any coop with other people is preferred.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 01:00:09 pm »
Single-player. I'm in it for the experience and the story. I don't want to be bothered by other players wanting to PVP, trade, or go on multiplayer quests with you.

azure

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 01:27:17 pm »
Prefer single-player as a whole, but local multiplayer is a blast as well. Both have their place for me.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 01:43:27 pm »
Totally depends on the game.
If it's a story oriented game solo, however for games like Super Smash Bros or sports games I prefer to play with friends or at least online.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 02:01:44 pm »
Single Player >>> Local Multiplayer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Online Multiplayer

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 06:05:14 pm »
Single player mostly but I mix in a little multiplayer it's very fun but more pressure to perform keeps me sharp lol.

doafan

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 07:50:59 pm »
You totally forgot to add the option with the family, started to play with my little boy, well he is almost three months old but he has been at my side cheering me almost since day one, am pretty sure that he will be a fan of Silent Hill just like his handsome dad  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 08:03:05 pm »
Single preferably.  A lot of my friends don't play a lot of the same stuff I do or are on console, which I almost never do multiplayer with.  If I have friends willing to play something I'm interested in, I'm cool with playing, but in general I'm an introvert and I'm gonna spend the most time solo.