Author Topic: 2019 Video Game Resolutions  (Read 4733 times)

sworddude

Re: 2019 Video Game Resolutions
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2018, 05:40:02 pm »
Just enjoying to play more games in 2019

In terms of collecting. I think 2018 is my final year that I will ad games in a rapid pace as far as my last couple of years go. I'm getting at a point that I pretty much have every game that I want for allot of systems and the ones I'm after are getting less and less plentyfull not to mention that you won't find them in deals that easily still some common ones though wich I haven't scored yet so that's always nice.

Deals will always be there people make mistakes it's just how it goes but collecting eventually reaches it ends when you have allot of the stuff you need But i don't mind that to much I'm not that much of a collector that I would need to collect forever I collect to play.

i will still collect but at a slower pace, not complaining though I'm pretty pleased with my collection it has gotten way bigger than I expected it to be. i might buy the two remaining sega games at some point If I can't score them in a deal and maybe a couple of ps1 games that I'm curious about but that's it I'll see how it goes as far as the next year goes.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:43:00 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 11:34:15 pm »
To ignore the allure of games, buy more shares and make more mortgage overpayments.

I'm not sure why you belong to this site.

I know youre being serious here but this gave a chuckle. Your comment, not his I mean

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2018, 03:05:32 pm »
Complete the Star Wars Legends game collection (defined as pre-2014).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 03:07:11 pm by courtlyhades296 »

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 03:13:51 pm »
Complete the Star Wars Legends game collection (defined as pre-2014).

Nice! The Disney era stuff is trash anyways.

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2018, 06:58:33 pm »
I need to play more games since I have more than enough that I have bought but because of my impulse purchases, I never give myself the chance to actually play any of them.

Impulse purchases have been something I need to get under control because of the aforementioned reason plus I would like to have a better control of what I purchase since I have been losing space to put them anywhere thats not outside of the house. Obviously I will buy what I am prepared to buy as in games that are coming out that I want to get my hands on but I will significantly slow down the buying.

This was something I had in mind but I fixed over the course of yesterday. Rather, this a reminder that I need to make sure I am up to date with what I have. I took to checking out what I have compared to what I have registered and while there wasnt a huge discrepancy, it was a pain in the ass and a reminder that I should stay on top of it.

Other than that, Happy New Years y'all

soera

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2018, 08:50:33 pm »
Last year's post :
I am at a point where I really dont have too many goals left. But I do have some highlights Id like to accomplish.

1) Pick up the missing consoles I want. Monster Hunter: World Liolaeus Edition, Star Wars Battlefront II so far.

2) Continue my controller collection. Gran Turismo, Midnight blue, Sunset Orange, the 2 consoles above

3) Keep on the path to reach 1000 titles. Im nearing 600 (570 at the time of this post).

I also have another goal that is a bit different.

4) Work for Sony. My ideal job would be a Playstation rep or at one of the newer companies that are putting out physical games (LRG, SRG, SLG, Soedesco, etc).

Well, I crushed #1 and #2. All Im missing now is a locked in Kingdom hearts III console and a couple of employee only controllers.
#3 is getting closer. I literally just hit 900 titles a day or 2 ago.
#4 may never happen but I did get a new job that I actually like and pays me well so there's that.

New list -

1) Continue to acquire all the PS4 consoles and controllers that I do not own. Seeing as of right now there is only 1 or 2 consoles and 1 or 2 controllers, I shouldnt have too much issue other than just tracking them down.

2) Reach that 1000 titles. Im closing in and should be there around the middle of the year. Definitely going to be a giant milestone for me in my collection.

I honestly think thats all. I have long since finished all my other collection goals and am 100% PS4 collecting so nothing else is on my radar.

I actually do have another resolution. Not quite gaming but fits here cause of the community. I want to acquire my former Dr Strange collection. When I shipped off for the Navy a while back, my mom cleaned out my room while I was gone. She tossed a lot of stuff that was cool to me but the one piece I will always miss is my Dr Strange comic collection. I spent many months saving up money and going to the store on a 3-4 times a week basis to pick up the issues. 81 issues in all and I actually had read every single one of them. https://www.comics.org/series/2162/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:19:11 pm by soera »

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2019, 01:41:54 am »
With my Vita collection nearly finished, my goal for 2019 is to work heavily on my DS collection. I have nearly 50 games in my “want” list for DS, so if I can get 80% of the way there, that would be great.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2019, 10:17:22 pm »
My gaming resolutions would be

- to play more games pre 5th gen
- finish the Yakuza, Hitman, Just Cause, God of War, Infamous and Crackdown series
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:37:47 pm by chrismb »

gf78

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2019, 02:29:16 pm »
Ah....2019 here already!  My gaming resolutions are:

Complete Legend of Zelda  - Breath of the Wild and all its DLC.
Complete Super Smash Bros Ultimate or as much as my capabilities allow
Acquire all of the game manuals I need for my carts in custom cases
Get all of the Zelda stuff on my Wish List
Have my son (16 months old) be able to play an easy game with me
Acquire all of the Mario Party games
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pzeke

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:14 am »
To get up my lazy ass and play some video games, as much of an oxymoron as that may be/sound.

I would also like to get a PS4 this year – Spider-Man, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus Remake, The Last Guardian, Kingdom Hearts III, Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice are some of the games I would really love to play. Looking forward to Death Stranding, too, as well as Final Fantasy VII Remake, although I somehow have the feeling we'll probably see that one as a PS5 release...kind of like what happened with The Last Guardian.

As far as collecting goes, I would love to get one of my "white whales" in my collection. I know it's improbable, but not impossible.

Lastly, I would also like to get a good china cabinet so that I can properly display my figure collection. I currently have one, but it has limited space. My room used to be a complete mess a few years ago, and last year I finally managed to properly organize it and give it the touches it needed to give it its own identity. This is the last thing I need to make it look my own.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »
Near end of year update to this years resolutions.  I think I'm set in my successes and failures for the year.

1) Participate in 52 game challenge.  Aim for 52 games. Success
- Sitting at 69 games completed right now.
2) Stay under 7,000 games. Success
- Sitting at just under 6,800 with no expectation of even hitting 6,800 this year.
3) Regularly update my collecting instagram account. Failed
- This fell apart really quickly.
4) Reinventory collection Failed
- Haven't even attempted
5) Reorganize collection since I'm out of space. Success
- Reorganized and shuffled stuff around, have room in most spaces.  Still no room for PS1/PS2 though, so not a full success.
6) Finish Dark Souls 3 Failed
- Still haven't gone back to this game.  But I beat the shit out of Sekiro this year.
7) Play through God of War franchise. Success
- Jesus, I forgot this was on my list for the year, and I'm proud to say I fucking did it.
8) Get below 3 games left on N64 full set. Failed
- Down to 4 games left.  I really don't expect to get any of the 4 before the end of the year. (Sculptor's Cut, Super Bowling, Worms Armageddon, and ISSS 2000)
9) Get wishlist under 100. Success
- Near 50 right now, but I'm gonna knock this shit up probably for Secret Santa.
10) Keep selling dupes Success
- Sold over $1k in games, traded in another $1k to GS, and made a handful of trades in general.  Might do a yard sale at some point this year to get rid of the real crap dupes.

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2019, 11:35:22 am »

2019 Video Game Resolutions:

Reach 2000 games in my collection: I came extremely close (1990 to be exact) to reaching this before I had to start downsizing my collection in 2017, and with me being only 32 games away from that goal I am very confident I'll finally reach this milestone.

Obtain an NES console and reach 30 NES games in my collection: Despite having a few NES games left from my original collection of about 50, I sold almost all my NES games, and also sold my top loader that I scored on ebay close to a decade ago. This year I'd like to find a decent chunk of these games again and rebuy them as well as get another NES console to play them on. I figured 30 is a reasonable number since most of the games I want for the NES are the cheaper, more common titles.

Add at least 10 new games respectively to my Gamecube, Genesis and SNES collections: Not as bad as the NES, but these collections took a beating as well in terms of me selling off a fairly large chunk of them. I figure buying at least 10 new games for each of them would sufficiently put me on the right path towards rebuilding these collection, and at least in the case of the Gamecube would pretty much rebuy all the games I wish I didn't have to sell. I imagine this will be the hardest goal to complete since it involves retro games and they aren't exactly the most abundant or reasonably priced games out there. But we'll see what happens and hopefully I'll be able to meet this one in a year.

This year absolutely did not go the way I expected. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I know my mentality going into 2019 was one of wanting to make my collection as massive as I could while still having mostly interesting, enjoyable games be a part of it. However, over the summer I realized that I was done with aggressively collecting games and if anything I'd amassed too many games over the years, and for the first time since I began collecting wanted to actually decrease the amount of games I had, rather than increase. Before this revelation I hit 2000 games, actually quite early in the year; I bought Clockwork Knight 2 on the Saturn from a local collecting back in January and it officially became my 2000th game. Even with the amount I've downsized overall I still probably have somewhere over 2000 games, but I will certainly be going back under 2000 again sometime next year as I'm still in the process of getting rid of games that I cannot ever see myself playing.

As for my other two goals, I did obtain an NES console and a few more NES games, however I'm all but certain at this point that I'm probably never going to collect for the NES again. Even when my interest in collecting was white hot, my interest in the NES has mostly always been minimal. I guess when i created this goal I thought it would provide an avenue for me obtaining more games in the collection that were of high quality. However, as hard as I try the NES just doesn't appeal that much to me. I will keep my NES and probably most of my games, but I'd be surprised if I end up adding more than 15 more games to that collection, like for the rest of my life. Even in my tiny library for it I have most of the NES titles I've ever liked or had any interest in. So that goal was partially met.

My last goal of obtaining at least 10 new Gamecube, Genesis, and SNES games was also not met. I did add a few Gamecibe games, but certainly not 10; I don't think I added one new SNES game and literally no new Genesis games. As blasphemous as this sounds to some people, the Gamecube has always been my least favorite Gen 6 console. I still love it, but it is far less appealing to me than even the original XBOX, and especially the PS2 and Dreamcast. There are still a few games I wouldn't mind adding to my Gamecube collection, but if anything this collection is probably going to shrink even more over the next year. As for the Genesis and SNES, I do want to potentially add more games to these collection, but my criteria for doing so has become a lot more strict. Essentially I'm only interesting in adding CIB games to these collection, and only ones that I'm genuinely interested in playing. I luckily have most of the Genesis and SNES games I've ever wanted, and net year I plan on trying to get original boxes and manuals for at least a few of these games. There may be some downsizing of these collection as well, but we'll see.