Author Topic: December 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased  (Read 3767 times)

sworddude

December 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased
« on: December 01, 2018, 11:50:09 am »
I guess i'll open the thread for this month.

Some interesting weeks nothing to much but I got some items wich i was looking for quite some time

Mediocre deals all cib

30 euro's loss probotector 2 gameboy
14 euro's loss monkey puncher
prinny psp 14 euro's loss
Bionic commando ukv cart 8 euro's loss

Free deals

psp

harvest moon a hero leaf
fate extra special edition
trails in the sky No umd but otherwise everything included

sonic gravity wii
star wars republic commando xbox
Dragon sisters ps2 was looking for this one for quite a while
incredible crisis ps1

pc big box blaze & blade sealed

Snes

Doom
Earth defense force pretty pleased with this one

sega

gynoug finally a nice condition one I will say though that the US cover art does this game more justice considering the freaky bosses that this game has. There is also a 32 bit game of the same makers If i am not mistaken.

A cheap pc engine cd set 15 euro's loss for 5 games

art of fighting
fatal fury 2 + spine card
world heroes 2
browning
super darius

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:14:02 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Re: December 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 02:53:59 pm »
This past month I picked up or had delivered the following:

Gameboy Advance:

DemiKids Light Version (Game only)

Nintendo 3DS:
Yo-Kai Watch
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

Nintendo Switch:
Furi - Definitive Edition (Limited Run Games)
Namco Museum Arcade Pac
Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! + Poké Ball Plus
Super Bomberman R
Thumper (Limited Run Games)

Nintendo Wii:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic and the Secret Rings

Nintendo Wii U:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
NES Remix Pack
Super Mario 3D World
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Playstation 1:
Crash Bandicoot (Greatest Hits)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Greatest Hits)
Crash Bandicoot Collector's Edition Set (Includes: Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash, missing outer box)

Playstation 2:
Crash Bandicoot Action Pack (Crash Nitro Kart, Crash Tag Team Racing, Crash TwinSanity, Outer Box Included)
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (Greatest Hits)

Playstation 3:
Silent Hill Homecoming

Playstation 4:
Assassin's Creed Origins
Cosmic Star Heroine Collector's Edition (Limited Run Games)
Darksiders Warmastered Edition
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
The Nonary Games
Salt & Sanctuary (Limited Run Games)
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (Squad 7 Armored Case Steelbook Edition)

Xbox:
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Xbox 360:
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

I have a list of things that are being delivered later this month that I am looking forward to  :)

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:16:25 am »
Alright, so I haven't been out hunting in the longest time... and for some reason my wife shared with me an ad for an estate sale.  So many good games.  Tons of RPGs.  I was really hesitant to go because I figured there was no way I'd get there before all of the resellers.  Decided to go anyway.  Went Friday morning and got there an hour before the sale opened.  Only 6 cars in front of me waiting to get inside the gate of the property.  I wound up 10th in line because a group of people called and put themselves at the front of the line.  This was a 2 house estate sale, so a group of people ahead of me went to the other house, but I was maybe 5-6th in line still.  They let in the first 5 and they went absolutely walmart on black friday nuts grabbing everything video game they could.  They stopped me from going in because of the craziness.  So I got to stand there and watch a group of resellers go nuts grabbing all of these great games.  They finally let me in and there was pretty much nothing left.  I complained a bit about the whole ordeal and how poorly everyone handled it.  Mind you I did say resellers.  First group confirmed they do this for a living and that's how they knew that they could call in and get first in line without waiting like us.  Second group also confirmed they do this for a living, but they deal in everything so they mostly got books and such that were worth selling and maybe a handful of pricey PS2 games.  3rd guy acted like he was a collector and tried to play nice with the resellers and offer swaps or to buy some of the stuff.  He had a game I really wanted and I saw what he was doing so I tried to get him to let me buy the game or sell it to me at a small profit for him, he played it off like he really wanted the game as well.  We exchanged some info and I looked him up on instagram and he immediately put the game up for sale for full retail.  We chatted and I basically let him know he was a dick for acting like he wasn't a reseller. 4th guy didn't get much and actually handed me the Fire Emblem because he didn't want it and knew I got boned... so that dude was nice, wish I had gotten his info, but I don't think he got much and he was with his dad.  I think they were definitely resellers, but they dealt more in other types of stuff, because they didn't get any games.  5th guy mostly kept to himself, but he checked out with a tax exempt card, so definitely reseller.  Lady behind me was nice and she got some nice stuff too, but almost no games, just accessories and consoles.  I don't think she got great deals and she bought mostly GCN stuff, like she got a sealed Broadband adapter which is pretty dope.  I was trying to find out if maybe she wound up with component cables, but I kind of figured not because there were no HD TVs or HD equipment of any kind here.

Also, it was kind of a shit show in that the people running the estate sale had no clue games were desirable, but they knew enough as sellers to verify prices and price accordingly before the sale.  Issue was they didn't know enough to tell between repros and originals, so they marked a legit Earthbound as $20 and such.  All of the good loose cart stuff went to the first batch of resellers.  The other thing was that they didn't know enough to look at the content to verify things made sense.  I wound up getting Hexyz Force with a Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley disc in it.  I managed to buy Growlanser Generations Deluxe (and they wouldn't let me open it before buying it) and it had SMT Digital Devil Saga instead of disc 1.  They also had a shit ton of empty cases, but weren't really marked accordingly so a lot of the resellers wasted time grabbing empty cases just to realize later it was nothing and throw it back.  I managed to get a lot of good scraps from them.  And then there was the issue that it wasn't uncommon to find a loose disc for $10 bucks or something, the case somewhere else for $2, and the manual somewhere else for $2.  Just piece it all together and they'd sell it complete for $10.  So you could get complete things for the loose price.

Some of these pics are from Friday on the first day of the sale and some are from Sunday at the last day of the sale.  I'm having serious FOMO for not going back Sunday evening and making a deal at the end to buy the leftovers, the owner let me know that after I left nobody else bought any game stuff, but I just wasn't willing to take another hour round trip and drop even more money.

tl;dr People suck, but I did manage to get some good stuff at great prices.

Gonna try to list the days separately.

So first day I managed to grab some decent stuff

Sega Genesis
Pier Solar #045 out of however many.

Gamecube
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Lost Kingdoms (manual)

N64
Kirby 64 (manual)

PS2
Shining Force Neo
Jade Cocoon 2 (case and manual)
SMT Devil Summoner 2 (case and manual)
Ar Tonelico (outer box, case and manual)
Memory Card (sealed)
Growlanser Heritage of War LE (everything except game)

NDS
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime (case and manual)
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
Children of Mana
Heroes of Mana
Infinite Space

3DS
Cave Story 3D (case and manual)
Code of Princess (outer box and soundtrack)

GBA
Phantasy Star Collection
Mega Man Battle Network
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (box only)

PSP
Legend of Heroes III
Hexyz Force (case and manual)
Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley (disc only)
Tales of the World

Xbox
Metal Slug 3 (sealed)

PS1
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue, omake box, and sound track
Arc the Lad omake box

Other Swag
Lunar SSS Ghaleon puppet
Wild Arms Alter Code F score
Final Fantasy X-2 soundtrack
Final Fantasy X-2 limited edition strategy guide

Saturday I actually hit up some Goodwills and such and came back with some stuff.  No pics of this stuff unfortunately.

Xbox
Men of Valor
Blood Wake

Other swag
10th anniversary Resident Evil soundtrack

Sunday I went back to the sale, but this time I called a bit before 8am and got my name on the list.  I still wasn't the first person on the list.  Luckily the first person had no interest in games.  I brought my wife with me this time and gave her instructions to go to the table with the expensive stuff and grab all of the Sega CD, Saturn, and PS1 games.  I went and picked from the other stuff that was left.  I still missed out on some decent stuff I wanted, which is okay, but I know it went to one of the resellers from Friday.

Sega Saturn
Sonic 3D Blast
Blazing Heroes
PTO II

Sega CD
Flink
Vay (missing manual)
Rise of the Dragon

PSP
Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley (case and manual)
Mimana Iyar Chronicles (disc only)
Astonishia Story
Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner

PS Vita
Sorcery Saga

PS2
Growlanser Generations Deluxe (missing disc 1)
SMT Digital Devil Saga (disc only)
Okami

PS1
Saiyuki
Xenogears (missing manual)
Tales of Destiny 2 (missing manual)
Arc the Lad collection (missing manual)

NDS
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Advance Wars Days of Ruin (missing manual)
Etrian Odyssey 2
Rhapsody
Lunar Knights
Suikoden Tierkeis (cart only)

GCN
Sonic adventure 2 battle (case only)

Game Gear
Ninja Gaiden
Dragon Crystal

Gameboy Color
Dragon Warrior 1 + 2
Azure Dreams

Gameboy Advance
Lunar Legend
Yggdra Union
Riviera
Super Robot Taisen 2
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Gunstar Super Heroes
Boktai

Other swag
Magna Carta poster

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 12:32:20 pm »
@ignition365

Something similar happened several years ago in my area. Someone was selling someone else's retro game collection and had only a vague idea of what it was worth since they weren't a collector; I can't remember the circumstances, but it had something to do with legal issues the collector was having or something. Posted an ad on CL for it, essentially saying that no offer won't be be considered. The guy's collection was at least a thousand games and had some really choice NES titles including Little Samson, and a few other high dollar games for other retro consoles.

As a result half the collectors and resellers in the state showed up to it (I heard it was around 40 people at the time the sale started). I guess people were throwing elbows, fights almost broke out, and it was just pandemonium over these games and the seller kicked everyone out before selling more than a few games. I don't know what happened to the collection after that, but I believe they ended up making a private deal with someone who was at the sale, hopefully a collector. People can be really shitty if the deals are good enough :/

It looks like you still made out pretty good if those were just the scraps, especially those PS1 RPGs.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 02:10:41 pm »
If those are just the leftovers i can't imagine what sort of stuff the other buyers who got the real meat and potatoes scored.

That's not leftover quality stuff to be honest so still a very solid deal I'd say even if you really missed some insane stuff in the proces.

also considering that I see a pier solar in that lot I think some other family members sold the collection of someone who has died or something and knew nothing about it.

Not to uncommon though wich such deals I have seen my fair share of quality stuff for cheap with deceased people's old stuff or someone's collection over the years in hands of family members who had no clue about the collection and thus just want to get rid of it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:05:41 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kypherion

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 04:54:32 pm »
I got .hack//MUTATION showing up today. On friday I'll be adding Smash Bros. Ultimate. Also bought Touhou Luna Nights and another touhou game.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 12:11:22 pm »
Black Friday Gatherings All Arrived:

Got some good deals, I did give into Fist of The North Star as it seems to be going up in price - But a game I'm gneuinely interested in playing soon!

I did get Stubbs The Zombie on Xbox for a steal which I'm pleased about :) It even has Split-Screen Co-op which I didn't know of :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 12:55:35 pm »
Black Friday Gatherings All Arrived:

Got some good deals, I did give into Fist of The North Star as it seems to be going up in price - But a game I'm gneuinely interested in playing soon!

I did get Stubbs The Zombie on Xbox for a steal which I'm pleased about :) It even has Split-Screen Co-op which I didn't know of :)

Stubbs the Zombie really needs to be backwards compatible on XBox One. It is an underrated gem and one of the best exclusives on the original Xbox.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 01:25:39 pm »
Yeah having not had an Xbox, getting my 360 this year means I get to try out such games, this is one i've always been curious about - Luckily it is backwards compatible on the 360 :)

Oh I also got Knights of the Old Republic 2, Crimson Skies & Another copy of Shenmue 2 on Xbox too!

maximo310

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 09:02:11 pm »

-Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus lets get physical edition vita cib- $20
munchables (wii) cib- $5
bit trip complete (wii) cib- $10
smt iv: apocalypse launch edition (sealed)- $18
maximum racing: spirit cars cib wii- $16
maximum racing- super karts cib wii- $20
thinkpad t60- $40
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:08:16 pm by maximo310 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 12:36:53 am »
Well, I sold the Retron 5 and went back to the original consoles. The input lag may be minimal, as reviews state. But it's enough for me to be a deal-killer. Games that I know oh-so-well just don't feel right.

So I re-bought an original model NES, original model SNES, and a model 2 Sega Genesis. And I still have my trusty Sony Trinitron CRT to use them on.

I'm keeping the 3-in-1 Adapter for the Retron 5, though. Learned the Sega Master System component of it works for a Model 2 Sega Genesis!

theflea

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 10:17:03 pm »
Another 2 weeks has past and time to list my latest pick ups...
Probably the only interesting pickup is a hand held Tiger like game that was banned from selling in the USA.

Amiibo
- Ridley
- Octoling Boy / Octopus / Girl

I know this is getting horrible reviews but I still got one...
- Sony Playstation Classic

SWITCH
- Furi
- Shikhondo - Limited Edition
- Toki - Retrollector Edition (I guess this is a Gamestop Exclusive)

PS4
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Limited Edition (my only Cyber Monday purchase)
- Shikhondo - Limited Edition
- Bendy and the Ink Machine
- Gunhouse
- Enter the Gungeon
- Enter the Gungeon (LRG edition)

XBone
- Bendy and the Ink Machine

VITA
Still on the look out for Vita games that might be hunted later.
- Severed - Limited Edition
- Gunhouse
- Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! Full Course
- Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! Full Course - Collector's Edition
- Dungeon Travelers 2
- Demon Gaze II

Wii
- Story Hour: Fairy Tales
- Rygar: The Battle of Argus

PS3
My local used game store had these for cheap.
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon ($3)
- Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (free, used my points)

NDS
They also got in this for $11.
- Rune Factory 2

GBA
- Game & Watch Gallery 4
- The Pinball of the Dead
- Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force (CIB)

PS2
Saw this reviewed by a Youtuber and it looks insane, the art and look of the game is by the creator of Ren & Stimpy.
Plus it's dirt cheap. lol
- Yoake no Mariko

32X
Saw this CIB for $14.
- Star Trek Starfleet Academy: Starship Bridge Simulator

SNES
My local used game store got this in for under going value.
- Flashback

GBC
My local used game store got in a bunch of GB/GBC games. All of these where priced under $5.
- Joust / Defender
- Toobin
GB
- Pinball Dreams
- Small Soldiers
- The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Juggernauts
- Ms. Pac-Man
- Jurassic Park: Part 2 the Chaos Continues
- The Addams Family

And last a strange WTF item I always wanted sense I heard about it's release almost 10 years ago. But prices where insane in the states.
A company in China released a game that had people in an uproar over it's bad taste. It was released in Canada and Europe but never in the States. I love having stuff like this just to get peoples reactions on this WTF game.
- Laden vs. USA
It's an LCD handheld like those Tiger games. What's funny is the game it self is just a crappy game where you play as a Submarine shooting at aircraft with a collapsing Twin tower in the background. What the hell where they thinking.
Not only is it in bad taste, but it's NOTHING to do with 9/11. Funny thing if someone made a 9/11 game where you played as a Firefighter traveling up the towers saving lives, I wouldn't think it was in bad taste and it might make a great game.
Others might not think so, all i'm saying is if it's about a real life hero who saved those in 9/11 I wouldn't think it was in bad taste at all. Now if you make a game where you play as a terrorist highjacking a plane and crashing it into the towers, I might buy just because it's controversy but I would think the game was in bad taste and think WTF where they thinking??? like this game. lol

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:47:14 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 07:13:00 pm »
End of last month/pre Christmas pickups not picking up anything else

PS4
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

Amiibo
Ridley

Switch
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2: TORNA- the Golden Country

Wii
"What you still buy Wii games?" Yes I do

YuGiOh 5D's Wheelie Breakers

Blu-Ray
Okay not really a game, But it's Season 1 of Netflix's Castlevania and it came with a really cool shirt. Just wanted to brag about it
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:15:10 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 06:28:45 pm »
I’m late to the party but here’s a list of what I picked up last month (since the thread was started December 1).

DS
Nostalgia

3DS
Metroid: Samus Returns

Switch
Gal*Gun 2
Gal Metal: World Tour Edition
Death Mark - Limited Edition
Wild Guns Reloaded

PS3
3D Dot Game Heroes
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West