Author Topic: December 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased  (Read 3809 times)

tripredacus

Re: December 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 10:18:56 am »
No pic. White Japanese Sega Saturn, console only. Said to be modded to play backups, but not region modded. I tested it yesterday and it was able to play the Dokimeki Memorial puzzle game I have just fine.

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 04:11:28 pm »
No pic. White Japanese Sega Saturn, console only. Said to be modded to play backups, but not region modded. I tested it yesterday and it was able to play the Dokimeki Memorial puzzle game I have just fine.

Very nice! I bought one off of ebay years ago and it was worth every penny. I'd really like to get the grey one someday as well if I can grab one for the right price.

kypherion

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 10:24:25 pm »
Super Smash Bros, Ultimate!
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 05:09:08 pm »
Not to many adds honestly but i'm pretty pleased with these additions.

Mediocre deals

Had some trade in credit left of some crappy games so I got smash ultimate special edition and a smash pro controller for other games on the switch felt a bit better than spending real cash.

Would have still bought smash on release though also the special edition since the 30 + euro's extra for a 2nd gamecube 4 player adapter and a smash bros gamecube controller is not a bad deal. always wanted a second adapter and I really missed the boat on the smash bros gamecube controllers.

Great game overall, allot of things are improved and it feels allot different so I'm not complaining definitely not a smash 4.5 in my opinion just a full on new game in the series a smash 5.

Free deals all cib

wii u games are getting dirt cheap a nice thing to see honestly.

Super mario maker bundle
new super mario bros U

ps1

robotron x
ballerburg

sega

alladin
psycofox
alex kidd in high tech world

Gameboy

I have been getting quite lucky with free stuff in deals in the last couple of months some pretty solid stuff actually but unfortunately stuff that I already had.

In this case the seller threw in some games since he wanted to get rid of it one that i did not have yet,

When I opened the box and saw the backside of the box I was pretty stoked since I had this game in cib shape quite a few times but never in my condition even a lose cart fetches quite the amount honestly.

Wendy every witch way. Cart was the US version though but I'll get a pal version at some point. actually sold one quite recently so that's quite a bummer since that wasn;t to long ago.
also a multicart boxed just for fun since the condition is still nice.

Snes

mr do
super punch out
robotrek with the map not for free but at a 20 euro's loss for a very small deal I'll take that especially for usa exclusive stuff in cib nice shape.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:23:12 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2018, 04:48:17 pm »
Just dropped about $70 on 23 old school PC games on GOG. They're doing their annual winter sale and next year is going to be a year of lots of PC gaming so I wanted to stock up for when I'm ready. Will probably be starting my PC gaming quest next summer after I've obtained my next tech cert I'm currently studying for.

kypherion

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 07:05:53 pm »
Lament of Innocence
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:01:10 pm by kypherion »
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 02:49:16 pm »
Just dropped about $70 on 23 old school PC games on GOG. They're doing their annual winter sale and next year is going to be a year of lots of PC gaming so I wanted to stock up for when I'm ready.

I'm currently fighting the urge to do the same thing, but I'm afraid I'd end up like last year - dropping several hundred dollars in upgrades to play like 1 1/2 PC games this year.  There's just TOO MUCH out there.

Most recent adds:

From the Secret Santa:

PS4
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Watch Dogs 2

XB1
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Assassin's Creed Origins

My Santa really outdid themselves!

From Steam:
Pillars of Eternity - Definitive Edition

From PSN:
Castlevania Requiem: SotN & RoB

Switch eShop:
Celeste
Into the Breach
The Messenger

And, although its still wrapped, my girlfriend told me about the Switch Pro Controller she got me - because my PowerA died after about two days of playing Smash and she didn't want me going out and buying a replacement.  I've said it before already, but that's how Smash ruined Christmas  :D

theflea

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 11:48:56 pm »
Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas and santa will bring everyone a game to their collection that they always wanted.
Got a lot of games I pre-ordered in the mail this week and many other awesome game finds this week.

First Gamestop had these on sale for 40% off and I thought they would look awesome somewhere in my game room.
They also came with a T-shirt. Wall decor snes carts of Super Mario World, Super Metroid and Zelda Link to the Past.

Amiibo
- Diablo Loot Goblin
- SSB - Wolf
- SSB - Inkling

SWITCH
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (with controller and Steelbook)
- Stern Pinball Arcade (saw a video claiming saying it had a low print run)
- Thumper
- Thumper - Collector's Edition
- Kingdom: New Lands
- Kingdom: New Lands - Collector's Edition
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
- Salt & Sanctuary
- RXN - Limited Edition

XBone
- State of Decay 2 (on sale for $16)

PS4
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (on sale for $7)
- Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- Thumper
- Thumper - Collector's Edition
- Kingdom: New Lands
- Kingdom: New Lands - Collector's Edition
- Hue
- Salt & Sanctuary
- Musynx (cover 1)
- Musynx (cover 2)
- Gundemoniums
- Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto
- Summer Lesson: Allison & Chisato

VITA
- Hue
- Musynx (cover 1)
- Musynx (cover 2)
- Gundemoniums
- Devious Dungeon - Limited Edition
- Fate Extella: The Umbral Star - Noble Phantasm Edition (GS had it on clearance for $12)

Wii
Saw these for $3 and don't see them a lot so why not.  :P
- Gormiti
- Dawn of Discovery

PSP
My local used game store had this for $1.
- Lemmings

GC
Local used game store got in a bunch of GC games, I couple where rare at low prices.
- Geist
- Digimon World 4
- Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & 2

N64
A kickstarter I backed a while ago came in the mail.
- 40 Winks

Amiga CD32
After watching AVGN do a video on the CD32 I felt a need to look up and buy a few games, two of them came in the mail.
- Gloom
- Super Methane Bros.

JAG
My local used game store got in a Jaguar lot with the CD attachment, they listed the CD system as "not working" and list the console with the CD system for $300 with 2 controllers. I picked out two items from this lot I needed.
- 4-Player Team Tap (for $10)
- Primal Rage (CD only, but a $200-$300 game for $60.... I had to get it)
I told my buddy about the Jaguar CD and he rushed over to the store. He asked them if he could test it and they let him and after I little bit if fidgeting he got it to work! and got the system and CD attachment for $300. (a working CD system alone goes for close to $500 online) He was a happy camper. lol (I already own a working JagCD)

SNES
- Air Strike Patrol

GEN
- Desert Demolition (CIB)

GB
- Solitaire Funpack
- Sea Quest DSV
- Mortal Kombat 3

NES
And I have to get this every year, it's a holiday tradition.
- 8-Bit Xmas 2018

Well this will be my last post of 2018, next time it will be the new year. I usually post all my finds for the year, but I'm not sure I'll do it this year. If you guys want me to post all my pick ups for the entire year I'll do it.
It's kinda fun going over all the cool stuff I picked up, but its also a pain to sit down and write it out.
Merry Christmas everyone and hope you all have a wonderful next year.  ;D

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 12:36:32 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2018, 12:39:16 am »
Just dropped about $70 on 23 old school PC games on GOG. They're doing their annual winter sale and next year is going to be a year of lots of PC gaming so I wanted to stock up for when I'm ready.

I'm currently fighting the urge to do the same thing, but I'm afraid I'd end up like last year - dropping several hundred dollars in upgrades to play like 1 1/2 PC games this year.  There's just TOO MUCH out there.

Most of the games I picked up were under $5 and the most I spent on any of them was $5 actually. With a few exceptions, they were all games that would run on a 15-year old PC no problem. There are plenty of games on sale right now that definitely would require a newer rig to run well, but there is so much that doesn't that I'd say go for it :)

kevininja

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2018, 08:41:07 am »
Here's what I got from my family's Secret Santa, really happy with the PS4 games and the first volume of Rat Queens!

And here's some games I picked up last week: some cheap PS4 games (Dragon's Crown for 20 and Yoku for 15 euros) and the Gold Edition for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey from the Ubisoft Store, which I got even cheaper thanks to a Ubisoft Club discount code.

tripredacus

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2018, 11:27:39 am »
I found a black Xbox 360 of some variety at a pawn shop for $20. It is model 1439. The guy said it doesn't read discs.

tripredacus

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2018, 12:47:15 pm »
PC
Lemmings
Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
Trophy Bass 4
Tetris Worlds
Tetris Elements
Riddle of the Sphinx
Wheel of Fortune (sealed)

spac316

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2018, 06:43:10 pm »
My December pick ups and Christmas gifts.

Pre-ordered Smash Ultimate and got it day 1 with the poster!

Got Data East Arcade Classics for Wii off eBay. Used a $5 coupon to get it for less than $40!

Got SSX On Tour for Gamecube before Christmas.

Rather sparse Christmas haul, but it's fine. Earthfall, God of War and Dead pool 2. Also a $20 Gamestop card.

And lastly, Post Christmas pick ups! Spent my Gamestop gift card and bought Bioshock collection new for $20. Saved me money to get the Octoling amiibo set.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:49:05 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 12:58:49 am »
I don't get to do Flea-style pickup posts very often so I'm pretty stoked I get to do one right before the the new year starts!

PS4
Took advantage of Gamestop's B2G1 sale on preowned and picked these up. Tempest was the odd game out and just paid used sticker price for it since I've wanted it since it came out.
- Tempest 4000
- .Hack//GU Last Recode
- The Wolf Among Us
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (this is a top 10 most wanted game for me and am happy to finally have it!)

PS3
- Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection w/slipcover and book

PS2
- Downhill Domination ($2 at a local game store)

NES
Found these for $5 each at the same game store I found Downhill Domination. A decent price on 1943, but a damn good deal on Wurm!
- Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth

NDS
Surprising didn't have this game despite it being so essential and common when it comes to NDS games. For $5 I couldn't pass it up in CIB condition.
- New Super Mario Bros

Saturn
These were actually Christmas presents that arrived late since they were coming all the way from Japan (even though my GF bought them over 3-weeks ago)
- Sega Rally Championship 1995
- F-1 Live Information
- Daytona USA
- Daytona USA: Circuit Edition

Gamecube
There is a bit of a story behind these. I'm lucky enough to have three 2nd and Charles locations near me and at least two of them I stop by at least once a week, sometimes twice. Decided to make my way to the best 2nd and Charles of all three (better prices, nicer staff, and better selection overall) and as I'm going through their used games I look inside their display and see all four Gamecube Mario Party games, all priced about 20% under ebay. These games are notoriously overpriced whenever I see them in stores so seeing them actually under ebay for once was pretty nice for a change. I had to hunt down an employee to get them out of the case for me since no one was behind he counter. There was another guy who seemed to be frantically looking for someone at the same time, but I found someone first and she took out the Mario Party games. I quickly assumed that he was wanting to find an employee for the same reasons I was, since he B lined it over to the case as soon as the employee started taking the Mario Party games out. While I was inspecting the games, the guy was watching me like a hawk as I inspected the condition of each game. I'm sure he was waiting for me to say I didn't want any of them to swoop in and grab them. Fortunately all four games were complete and very minty so I told the employee that I wanted them and she took them behind the registers while I continued to look around. The guy let out a big sigh and walked away. As I'm going up to the register that same guy is in line behind me and makes a snarky comment about my questionable tastes in games since I passed on a copy of Luigi's Mansion on account it was a pretty standard price and I already own it. I simply replied that I owned it already, and he said in a very sarcastic voice "lucky you!" The guy reeked of butt hurt and petty jealously, which made it that much sweeter getting those games even though they weren't necessarily the deal of the century :)
- Mario Party 4
- Mario Party 5
- Mario Party 6
- Mario Party 7

What's crazy is after today's pretty nice haul, I'm officially over the amount of games I had right before I had to sell off a decent chunk of my collection last year, and also I am only 2 games away from 2000 games in my collection, a number I've never reached since collecting. I'm putting thought into making game 2000 be something very memorable and special, but given memorable and special often means expensive, this might not be possible. It's likely that I'll probably find another deal on two other, not so memorable games before then, making game 2000 pretty run of the mill. But regardless of what game it is or how I obtain it I'm really stoked to finally be so close to this milestone. Hell, I may even get there before the end of the year! We will see :)

doafan

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 12:39:52 pm »
This month I finally decided to upgrade the memory of my 2DS, changed the SD card of 4 GB that came with the console with one of 32 GB and since I got more free space purchased a couple of digital titles like Stella Glow, Noitu Love: Devolution, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson also purchased another ten Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards but this time I got the first ten villagers that my daughter has at her town, even when we are not allowing them to move from the city want to be sure that we can call them back if they eventually decided to go.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy