Author Topic: Do you replay movies, tv series' or video games?  (Read 1917 times)

Do you replay movies, tv series' or video games?
« on: December 01, 2018, 06:02:24 pm »
I find it really hard to experience the same piece of entertainment twice knowing exactly what is going to happen and feeling the de ja vu.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Do you replay movies, tv series' or video games?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 06:20:09 pm »
Rewatching and replaying I feel allows you to have the chance notice details and things you might not have notice the first time viewing the content. Not to mention games give you different pathways and endings so you might do one thing the first time and a different one another time. As far as  other entertainment I fucking say it I end up missing a lot of thing that happen on screen with anime if I watch it with English subs as opposed to the sub. Other times it can be great background noise if I don't want to have music on

soera

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 06:31:00 pm »
Im more likely to rewatch a movie than replay some games. Simply cause of time frame it takes.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 06:58:20 pm »
Depends on the movie or series.  A drama I'm less likely to watch more than once, but I'll rewatch an action movie if it has really cool stuff going on, also I like to rewatch stuff in a series if a new one is coming out.  Not all the time, but in general it's great, like I'm rewatching Godzilla stuff now with the next big one out next year.

Games are also very dependent on certain things.  I've replayed the Metro series two or three times now because there's a lot going to the exploration and atmosphere that I always like returning to.  Fallout 3, NV, and 4 have been replayed bunches of times, especially after awhile when I can check out all the new mods.  Usually if its a game where I can experience it different ways, I'm likely to replay it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 07:00:25 pm »
Yes on both accounts. Always have favorites I go back to.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 09:34:16 pm »
Of course I do- Just becuase you've seen a work before doesn't mean you can't revel in the artistry, or particularly powerful story elements, or an awesome action sequence. Plus, re-viewing something can let you catch details you missed before. I had to tell friends to re-watch the Wreck It Ralph 2 princess trailer becuase they all missed Cinderella breaking her glass slipper into a weapon like a beer bottle.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 11:56:50 pm »
I do all the time. I watch the back to the future trilogy at least once a year but try to make more room to watch them more, I've seen Ready Player One more time then i should admit already, and i always watch holiday specials every year. Video game wise in my opinion if you really enjoyed a game you'd want to go back and revisit it every so often. I've played every main series pokemon games at least 15 times all the way through.

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 12:41:02 am »
Yes I do all the time, it is vary hard for me to get into a new game (to me)  with all new controls, bugs, glitches and challenges. The learning of new strategy, and controls I'm not used to.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 01:05:21 am »
I only replay games that are all-time favorites of mine, or games that I want to give a second shot.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 01:23:30 am »
Easily, with all forms of entertainment. Sometimes you want something new, other times to settle into an old comfort.

And with games, there's plenty of reasons to replay them, with other paths, differing playstyles, speedrunning, and achievement/trophy hunting (I've completed Skyrim 3 times thanks to that last one) as examples.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 04:44:01 am »
I do but in long time periods, like now I'm replaying the Kingdom Hearts series in build up to Kingdom Hearts III. Having that PS4 Remaster set on my shelf has been preserved perfectly for that moment, after I may go back to it - I still have extra content on some of the games to do. While I don't always replay something in the same year even I like to own it for when that moment strikes it is there and ready. Truth be told though, I just have so many games and things to go through that I don't often even haev the time to replay something.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 10:36:47 am »
All of the above.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 05:00:04 am »
Games based on plot and story will take many years to become fresh again,  same with movies and TV series.  It has to become stale in order to become fresh again.   A game I beat 10 years ago might be exciting to relive but a game I beat yesterday, definitely not sitting through it again unless it's last of us which I did beat that game twice in a row because it's a masterpiece.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 01:02:41 pm »
Just finished playing through Resident Evil: Director's Cut, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis again since I'm all hyped for Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Also played through the HD versions of the Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil Zero not too long back; again.

Don't really want to play through RE2 again, though. I don't want it that fresh in my mind when playing the remake.

kypherion

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 01:37:39 pm »
Hell yeah

Games:

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
-beaten 5 times
-Record: 4 hours

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
-beaten 6 times
-Record (Soma mode): 3:09:58
-Record (Julius Mode): 1:53:17

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
-beaten 6 times
-Record (Jonathan): 5:09:29
-Record (Richter): 3 hours

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia:
-Beaten 3 Times
-Record (Shanoa): 4 hours
-Record (Albus): 4 hours

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
-beaten 4 times
-Record (Alucard): 2:59:08

I've beaten the original DOOM at least 4 times, and DOOM II a couple
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon in 34:15 in Zangetsu Ultimate
Beaten Castlevania: Harmony of Despair at least 8 times
Beaten Halo: Combat Evolved 3 times
Beaten Final Fantasy VII 2 times (will be 3 when it comes out on switch.) also full farming for 2 max level KotR materia
Beaten Golden Axe 4 times

Super Mario 64 beaten countless times, I speedrun 16 star with a current time of 23m 42s

I've beaten Megaman ZXA 3 times
I've beaten Trauma Center: Second Opinion 3 times

For TV series I rewatch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a lot.
I rewatch Outside Providence occasionally
I watch Die Hard every christmas

So yeah I replay stuff
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"