Author Topic: Can You Speak Or Understand Different World Languages?  (Read 1688 times)

kypherion

Re: Can You Speak Or Understand Different World Languages?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 11:17:52 am »
I know a little spanish, and a bit more japanese. I took two years of french and a year of japanese in middle school, but my high school didn't have it sadly.

I would've loved to have taken japanese though.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Flashback2012

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 04:13:30 pm »
I took 2 years of German in high school. I can't hold a conversation to save my life but if you want me to say yes, no, count to ten and the words for window and television, I'm your guy.

I taught myself how to read katakana back in the late 90's because I was obsessed with the import of the first Choro Q game which had all katakana menus. I can still read it here and there but I'm super rusty. Thanks to anime, I know a smattering of words/phrases but haven't actively watched anything in a few years so that's rusty too.

As for other languages. I know a smattering of French, Spanish and Russian. I don't mean to brag but I know Kung Fu...and like 10 other Chinese words.  :P

Embarrassingly, I'm half-Korean but I don't know the language much at all or how to read hangul. Well...I know when I'm being cussed out. I'm DEFINITELY familiar with those words.  :o

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 05:48:47 pm »
I always give up when I try to learn a new language.  I'd say I know a little bit of Spanish.  The basic stuff they teach in high school like hi, bye and como estas and the such :) 

I do want to fully learn spanish mostly because of the countries dependency on knowing it and with the country become more and more diverse.