Author Topic: Who will you main in Smash Ultimate?  (Read 9076 times)

Re: Who will you main in Smash Ultimate?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 09:39:11 pm »
If we're discussing secondaries than Pikachu is my main substitute. Pikachu was my main until Smash 4.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 09:41:29 pm »
Little Mac.  I love the the flightless guy!

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 09:54:29 pm »
Oh, if we're talking secondaries as well, my secondary is Mr. Game and Watch.

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 03:17:36 am »
I have been using Ganondorf since I first played Melee as a kid and that will still hold true but, I am definitely going to be using Ridley, Incineroar, and King K. Rool. I love me a heavyweight.

Another Ganon main lets' go! I love this guy so much. Everybody thinks he's bad and then when you get them to 50% in 3 hits they freak out.

In smash 4 he was the noob and average player crusher one of my favourite characters to play as well on high lvl he's very tough to use though since he is pretty slow. If people make mistakes or you have the reads Damage racks up quick.

however I think Ganon will play different in smash ultimate than the ganon we loved in the past I'll see though. i do however hope that at some point they'll give back his twilight princess alt as an extra option as his appearance since I kinda preffered that look on him.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:17:35 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 08:54:23 am »
I’ve mained Pikachu since the N64 days. I’m not good enough to main anyone. I’m looking forward to several of the new/dlc smash4 folks. I didn’t play near enough of that one.

kypherion

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 10:45:55 am »
I have been using Ganondorf since I first played Melee as a kid and that will still hold true but, I am definitely going to be using Ridley, Incineroar, and King K. Rool. I love me a heavyweight.

Another Ganon main lets' go! I love this guy so much. Everybody thinks he's bad and then when you get them to 50% in 3 hits they freak out.

In smash 4 he was the noob and average player crusher one of my favourite characters to play as well on high lvl he's very tough to use though since he is pretty slow. If people make mistakes or you have the reads Damage racks up quick.

however I think Ganon will play different in smash ultimate than the ganon we loved in the past I'll see though. i do however hope that at some point they'll give back his twilight princess alt as an extra option as his appearance since I kinda preffered that look on him.

You liked Twilight Princess over Ocarina of Time? Huh, you're the first person I've heard say that.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 10:47:24 am »

You liked Twilight Princess over Ocarina of Time? Huh, you're the first person I've heard say that.
I like Twilight Princess over Ocarina of Time, it aged better and doesn't have the poor design of early 3D games.

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 12:47:30 am »
Alright, who is gonna main Joker from Persona 5 now that he was announced? lol

pizzasafari

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 04:16:46 pm »
JOKEEER!
I am so happy. Persona's been getting so much spotlight lately and this is gonna be such a big boost for it.

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 10:40:54 pm »
Roy has been my main since I first played Melee so... Roy.
I might try Joker though.

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 04:55:36 am »
So due to Marth being the only character I unlocked in World of Light that I actually want to play, I basically spent 5 hours playing World of Light and unlocking characters as quickly as I can, and I'm now a Marth main lol Probably the most time I've ever invested into a Smash game since I only played 64 and Wii U.  My hands are broken, but cool to really feel like I learned a character compared to just sticking with Link because I like him.  Do miss having more than just sword strikes, but maybe once I get Link, I'll take the time to learn him properly.

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 05:43:40 am »
I don't have enough money for either Smash Ultimate or the Nintendo switch. Nor can I enjoy video games anymore
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 08:28:21 am »
So I started playing last night and after about 45 minutes I start getting some major drift in my controller - I'm talking it is just slamming down on the left thumbstick.  So, I open it up, clean it out, and its better for a bout 20 minutes and it starts drifting again.

I'm using one of the wired PowerA Plus controllers (Zelda BotW), which just looks amazing, so I'm a bit disappointed, so I open a warranty issue, but I've still got a crap ton of GC controllers, so I can just use those - at least for Smash.

I'm talking to my girlfriend about it afterwards, basically just saying "Well, I guess I'll just get a Pro controller eventually.  I wanted to hold off, cause they are kind of expensive."  And, bless her heart, with her terrible poker face.  I just take one look at her - "That's what you got me for Christmas, isn't it?"

And that's how Smash ruined Christmas.

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 10:47:57 am »
I've put around 8-hours in since getting the game Thursday night and I am pleasantly surprised by how much more fun this game is than Smash on the Wii U. In Smash 4 there were maybe 3 characters that I really enjoyed playing as, maybe 5 that I mostly enjoyed, and the rest I thought were meh to flat out terrible. While I do have a few favorites, the tweaks to characters like Fox and Link have made them regulars for me for the first time ever. Also Simon Belmont and King K are extremely fun to play as. I'm still working on the roster, but so far this is a noticeably refined game over the previous game.

The only thing that is pretty annoying that has been hard to ignore is how much less fun and interesting unlocking Spirits and costume accessories is versus trophies. Luckily the character unlocking has kept me invested, but once all of them are unlocked I'm not sure how motivated I'll be to continue playing. We'll see.

sworddude

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2018, 11:36:21 am »
i kinda prefer the spirit system over the throphy's It's a bit inbetween stickers and throphies I like it.

Collectible  but in the sticker aspect way less chaotic wich just made the stickers just something to ignore, Throphies where fun but to be fair I never really tried to get all the trophy's especially the charater specific ones wich you had to get by beating classic on easy hard normal etc with each and every character having multiple throphies. No thank you.

Still though multiplayer withouth any spirits is where it's at. I can imagine that for some it was kinda a cruel joke that you have to unlock 60+ charaters even if there is some glitchy way to abuse 1 stock vs battles with sd's if you wanted to play some normal multiplayer from the bat.

Gameplay wise it really feels allot different than smash 4 pretty interesting though.

World of light is better than smash 4 single player content but it was not sub space emmisary level wich I almost thought it would have been considering the intro.

I will say the tournament mode mario starting screen is pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:41:31 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!