Author Topic: LRG Boxart Entries  (Read 1121 times)

azure

LRG Boxart Entries
« on: December 06, 2018, 07:35:36 pm »
I was editing entry #150868 (Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit!) to give it a corresponding front cover so it would no longer display the "NO ART" image. I referenced an entry for another LRG release that I have, #131580 (Ys Origin), showing the default LRG boxart with their logo. For uniformity I tried uploading the same respective image for entry #150868, but it was declined for the watermark? Looking into other LRG entries they also display the same style image.

My question is why the entry for Ys Origins/other LRG entries, have a watermarked image for the entry, but the same cannot be done for #150868?   

Flashback2012

Re: LRG Boxart Entries
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:05:25 pm »
I heard it said that at some point those LRG entries with their logo present are going to get their front cover images nuked.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 11:41:37 pm »
I was editing entry #150868 (Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit!) to give it a corresponding front cover so it would no longer display the "NO ART" image. I referenced an entry for another LRG release that I have, #131580 (Ys Origin), showing the default LRG boxart with their logo. For uniformity I tried uploading the same respective image for entry #150868, but it was declined for the watermark? Looking into other LRG entries they also display the same style image.

My question is why the entry for Ys Origins/other LRG entries, have a watermarked image for the entry, but the same cannot be done for #150868?

I also tried to do this, but the entries are automatically deleted. I had to take a personal picture myself and crop it. In the style guide water marked entries are apparently not allowed, though like you I have other Limited Run Games releases in my collection that all have this same watermark.

From the Style Guide: "Watermarked images will be denied if they are submitted as an edit, and any items that were submitted with watermarked images will have those images deleted."

On one hand it's understandable, but on another kinda weird considering that is pretty much the only official artwork available for those releases.

https://vgcollect.com/item/154101
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:00:04 am by Nickkchilla »

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 10:41:54 am »
when someone first creates a new entry it does not go to a review queue so all those LRG with the water marks were created that way. since it is not the correct for the items to have water marks anything edited that does go through the review queue with a water mark gets rejected.

in other words all the other LRG entries are wrong and should be changed to proper images. if you were just to scan the boxart and edit it into the entry it should be accepted.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 10:33:52 am »
The packaging has the watermark on the bottom right of the artwork though which a mod once tried to argue with me that it was indeed a LRG watermark even though it's part of the final packaging, this is an example:
<- They argued that something like that was a watermark

Unless you're talking about the stock photos on their site:
That actually does have the watermark on the picture and is indeed unacceptable as per the style guide, either crop it out, or scan / take a picture of your own item. These slanted box images from their site shouldn't be acceptable as edits anyway.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

telly

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 11:12:23 am »
^ yeah, and those pictures sometimes have an RP rating which would mean they aren't the most current either.

When I make entries for LRG games I don't even put that stock art in because I know I'll just have to change it later.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 12:18:55 pm »
^ yeah, and those pictures sometimes have an RP rating which would mean they aren't the most current either.

When I make entries for LRG games I don't even put that stock art in because I know I'll just have to change it later.

If it has the ESRB on it, sometimes I'll just quickly skew the existing stock image to square it up and use that and that works pretty well, especially if you keep it at the minimal width of 200px.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."