Author Topic: Gaming With Mind Conditions Having or Not Having Fun Thoughts Of  (Read 935 times)

Gaming With Mind Conditions Having or Not Having Fun Thoughts Of
« on: November 22, 2018, 12:46:26 am »
(wine portion)
Some of You guys are lucky and should be thankful you don't go through mental fatigue, loss of focus, or pain when you play your video games. If my mind was not always racing I could concentrate but I can't really enjoy too many video games because of my brain condition. I love video games and I am not a loser to every video game. but

I still have fun only when a game when games have no lag in the button responses. Or if I can play the game with no headache or loss of focus.

thoughts?. :-\

Don't mind the wine portion, I am also asking if anyone else is having the same mental issues as myself.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 01:39:51 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

Re: Gaming With Mind Conditions Having or Not Having Fun Thoughts Of
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 08:51:32 am »
I'm seeing a distinct lack of any wine discussion in your post despite you listing a wine portion.

Where's the discussion for Chardonnay? Merlot? Pinot Noir? Would it be better to have Sauvignon blanc or Cabernet sauvignon?

Do you prefer a nicely chilled Chianti imported from the Tuscany region of Italy or are you more suburban housewife and don't have a problem with your Franzia Sangria "wine" coming in a cardboard box?

Sorry if this comes across as whining.  ;)

As for your actual topic...I kinda understand what you're going through? I hooked up my NES/SNES Classic systems up to my TV and the input lag I was getting at times was aggravating me to where I couldn't keep playing. I thought it might be because I was using wireless controllers but I was having the same input lag with the wired controllers on the NES Classic. I was half tempted to unearth the old NES and games to see but then my care level for doing that dropped as well.  :P

I can't relate to experiencing any kind of pain though so sorry you have to deal with that.  :-\

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 02:04:43 pm »
(wine portion)
Some of You guys are lucky and should be thankful you don't go through mental fatigue, loss of focus, or pain when you play your video games. If my mind was not always racing I could concentrate but I can't really enjoy too many video games because of my brain condition. I love video games and I am not a loser to every video game. but

I still have fun only when a game when games have no lag in the button responses. Or if I can play the game with no headache or loss of focus.

Don't mind the wine portion, I am also asking if anyone else is having the same mental issues as myself.

I'm seeing a distinct lack of any wine discussion in your post despite you listing a wine portion.

Where's the discussion for Chardonnay? Merlot? Pinot Noir? Would it be better to have Sauvignon blanc or Cabernet sauvignon?

Do you prefer a nicely chilled Chianti imported from the Tuscany region of Italy or are you more suburban housewife and don't have a problem with your Franzia Sangria "wine" coming in a cardboard box?

Sorry if this comes across as whining.  ;)

As for your actual topic...I kinda understand what you're going through? I hooked up my NES/SNES Classic systems up to my TV and the input lag I was getting at times was aggravating me to where I couldn't keep playing. I thought it might be because I was using wireless controllers but I was having the same input lag with the wired controllers on the NES Classic. I was half tempted to unearth the old NES and games to see but then my care level for doing that dropped as well.  :P

I can't relate to experiencing any kind of pain though so sorry you have to deal with that.  :-\

Sorry for this :(

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 03:05:55 pm »
No need to apologize, it was a weak attempt at a joke over a misspelled word.  :P

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 12:21:05 am »
No need to apologize, it was a weak attempt at a joke over a misspelled word.  :P

LOL I get it ;D

NO APPS NEEDED

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 03:53:12 am »
Mentally no, if you're referring to physical pain.  Yes.

My 17 years at the same job has taken it's toll.  It has extremely repetitive motions that must be done as fast a possible.  I have osteoarthritis, severe carpal tunnel, and both shoulders ball and socket joints are gone.  After 5-10 minutes of playtime my hands are competently numb and are shooting sharp stabbing pain into the elbows.  That kills quite a bit of my fun.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 03:31:46 am »
(wine portion)

I have a lot of mental stress/fatigue from the extreme amount of multi-tasking required by my career combined with my ADHD.

As a result, I’ve stopped gaming as much as I used to becuase I can’t always remember or keep up with the stories / objectives in today’s games.

RPGs are the hardest for me to keep up with. Which is a shame becuase I love deep stories and characters.

TV shows are starting to get this way for me too. But all the shows I watch with my wife so she can usually remind me of the bits I’ve forgotten.