Author Topic: Who will you main in Smash Ultimate?  (Read 9000 times)

Re: Who will you main in Smash Ultimate?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 12:15:29 pm »
I've mostly just been doing classic Mode and playing locally with friends and my GF, but I'll need to check out those other modes as well at some point. It's been so long since I played Brawl that I barely remember anything about it. From what I remember and also what I've read it may be hard to return to it someday, but we'll see.

sworddude

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2018, 03:27:06 pm »
I've mostly just been doing classic Mode and playing locally with friends and my GF, but I'll need to check out those other modes as well at some point. It's been so long since I played Brawl that I barely remember anything about it. From what I remember and also what I've read it may be hard to return to it someday, but we'll see.

also as far as brawl with sub emmisary goes you could progess through the story in co op 2 player mode wich was fun.

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure brawl was the only smash game with the boss rush mode with an even more difficult setting than the hardest mode in the story mode with limited stocks.

Brawl is a pretty excellent game it definitly had some good stuff

Also the sound effects in brawl are very cheesy wich isn't a bad thing.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:12:44 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2018, 04:36:12 pm »
With all characters unlocked and a couple of hours of couch co-op finished, I can say that this is a good game. Is it the best Smash? I'm not sure. Something feels lost from the transition from Wii U to Switch. I'm not sure what that something is, but it's there. But, for the most part this is fun.

*The roster was a grind to unlock, even with the "reload glitch"
*But, seeing all of those faces (new and old) feels worth it
*The Belmonts are slow, but mighty - I'm not mad at that. Of the two, I think I prefer Richter
*Luigi has somehow become my best character
*I love all of the stages, musical options, items, etc.
*Attacks feel slower, but have some extra oomph behind them

sworddude

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2018, 05:21:15 am »
The extra oomph I get but not will all moves

For example falcon's knee or ganondorfs downair don't feel that satisfying when they hit unless it is a fatal attack. It's almost as empty as what they did with the hammer.

Also a shame that pivot grabs are kinda useless in this game since you can't seem to run through people kinda a sad day for especially falcon

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2018, 08:58:47 am »
So my main in Brawl/Wii U/3DS was Mr. Game and Watch... and I've yet to play as Game and Watch in Ultimate, but from what I've seen they have totally revamped Game and Watch.

They also did a heavy revamp on Link and... he is totally playable for me now... not only that, I think he's going to be my main for Ultimate.

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2018, 04:59:30 pm »

They also did a heavy revamp on Link and... he is totally playable for me now... not only that, I think he's going to be my main for Ultimate.

I know right?! Same here!

I've never been a huge fan of Link or really any of the other sword characters, but oddly enough Link is my best character in Ultimate, while ironically Pikachu, my main for every Smash except 4, is one of my worst characters so far. Ultimate is definitely a different beast than any of the other Smash games which is nice since I totally thought it was mostly just going to be a Switch port of 4.

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2018, 05:09:45 pm »
After getting stuck in with Marth, I spent the other half of the game playing as Bowser.  I really dig his style and has been a pretty fun time playing with such a heavy hitter.  Got one more section of World of Light to do and I might try someone else for the final go.  Maybe Simon/Richter or Samus.

sworddude

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 06:14:47 pm »

I've never been a huge fan of Link or really any of the other sword characters, but oddly enough Link is my best character in Ultimate, while ironically Pikachu, my main for every Smash except 4, is one of my worst characters so far. Ultimate is definitely a different beast than any of the other Smash games which is nice since I totally thought it was mostly just going to be a Switch port of 4.

that's kinda ironic actually since in this game pikachu might be the best character since he benefits the most from this smash 4 melee hybride kind of style that ultimate has.

I must say that I Enjoy playing as the belmonts more than I'd like to admit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:19:22 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2018, 06:26:34 pm »
I love playing the Belmonts, but I am hot garbage with them.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2018, 06:42:21 pm »
Lucario has been a surprise favourite of mine. Especially in spirit mode using the trade-off spirits(the ones that buff your fighter at the cost of +30% damage) and with his ability I find it pairs really well. Otherwise it's been the belmonts as my main and I would use Ike for unlocking characters.

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 10:19:08 pm »

that's kinda ironic actually since in this game pikachu might be the best character since he benefits the most from this smash 4 melee hybride kind of style that ultimate has.

For whatever reason I'm not nearly as good with him as I am in previous Smash games. I feel like I've progressively got worse with Pikachu since the first game.

kashell

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2018, 09:04:20 am »
I think I settled on my three mains.

Mega Man is my favorite. I really like his move set because it pays homage to some of my favorite games growing up. Leaf Shield has vastly improved since Smash U, so that's a nice perk. Everything else feels just as satisfying as before.

Luigi is still my "best" character. I never even thought of using him until I started playing Brawl. He just clicked.

Finally, Mewtwo. He's so floaty and fun. I really want to get better with pulling off his neutral-air. It seems like there's a lot of potential with that. Also, I'd like to get better with his down B. With the right timing, that seems like it could mess up some folks.

I'll still dabble in some favorites on the side: Samus, Dark Samus, Pac Man, Marth, ROB, and Richter. But, the above three are the ones I enjoy using the most. I wish World of Light let me get to them sooner.

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2018, 09:08:02 am »
I finished WoL, but it didn't really force you to play as anybody, so I went through solely as Mario and Link... made things super easy.

Mr. Game and Watch appears to still be my best character.  Link is fun to play as now.  I still need to play as other characters to see if anything is new and good.

I'm disappointed that you can't play Random in Online Smash.