Author Topic: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes  (Read 1880 times)

telly

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
« on: July 28, 2020, 11:58:41 am »
Just backed this on Kickstarter. New RPG made by Yoshitaka Murayama (Creator and director of Suikoden I, II and III) and Junko Kawano (Designer of Suikoden I, II & IV) in the style of the Suikoden games. Looks like Octopath Traveler, really love the sprites and 3D environments.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes/description

Anybody else heard of this or backed it? About 30 days left on the campaign.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

mark1982

Re: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 01:16:16 pm »
Yep, backed the physical copy ;D it’s finally happening after so many years, Suikoden is back! October 2022 here we come, heh.

Glad it was funded so quickly too and very pleased a game like this still has a place and demand among our gaming community. The human race still has hope it seems.
  l    l 

telly

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 01:34:10 pm »
I hadn't even realized the kickstarter was released today! Was just listening to some Suikoden music on YouTube when I saw someone comment about it.

I also backed a physical copy. :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 06:03:04 pm »
I'm interested for sure, but I'll wait.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

mark1982

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 01:00:31 am »
I hadn't even realized the kickstarter was released today! Was just listening to some Suikoden music on YouTube when I saw someone comment about it.

I also backed a physical copy. :)

Yeah it was pretty much announced out of the blue, and seeing how much of the work that has been done is impressive.

The Suikoden vibe is spot on combined with the beautiful art direction of Octopath - Can't wait to explore and recruit a Hundred Heroes :'( tears of joy!

l    l 

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 05:59:19 pm »

mark1982

l    l 

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 08:39:32 pm »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 01:24:00 pm »
Man this really has me excited. I think after I finish up Xenoblade Chronicles i might just have to start up Suikoden. I remember all my friends just raving about FFVII and I was just happy as a clam sitting at home playing Suikoden every day after school.

telly

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 01:38:35 pm »
I've been meaning to give them another play through but I don't have a console to play them on right now  :-\
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 12:50:43 am »
Im also excited for this game it's a day one purchase for me.

thewelshman

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 12:24:50 pm »
I was able to jump in on the Suikoden sale on PSN a few months back. I never got into the series for some reason, but I'm glad I finally did. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes looks amazing and had I not already pre-ordered Trails of Cold Steel IV and am about to start back to college, I would have become a backer. I will, for sure, get this once it gets the eventual release. Physical release if we're lucky.

Makes me want to start Suikoden II back up.

telly

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 02:20:56 pm »
I was able to jump in on the Suikoden sale on PSN a few months back. I never got into the series for some reason, but I'm glad I finally did. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes looks amazing and had I not already pre-ordered Trails of Cold Steel IV and am about to start back to college, I would have become a backer. I will, for sure, get this once it gets the eventual release. Physical release if we're lucky.

Makes me want to start Suikoden II back up.

Part of the rewards includes a physical version. Wouldn't have backed it if there wasn't  :)

Not sure if it will get a retail release though.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

soera

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 02:46:06 pm »
There are a ton of different physical options for this game. I opted for the bard option which comes with game, soundtrack, and pin. Added the steelbook and the map.

Looks like its going to be a great addition to "The wall" ™